• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Sticky Business

• Antonblast

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Valley Peaks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Helder Pinto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TMNT Splintered Fate

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Cat Quest 3

• stitch

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

• None

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters

osby

Smash Obsessed
I haven't played a Persona game yet, but why do I have a feeling that Persona 6 is gonna come out and people lose it when Atlus/Sega decides to heavily promote that everywhere instead of... Persona 5.
If it's anything like the transition from P4 to P5, fans are more likely to act like P6 was late because ATLUS was too busy milking the last game instead.

I can see this game being the one people will have hard time letting go but on the other hand, it's been pretty long since we last got a new mainline game.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Anyway yeah it'd be neat if they went harder on the SEGA music this time. People forget the og Samba had a bunch of SEGA tracks in it, and I'd like to see something to that level again instead of like Two Crossover Levels and nothing else

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
Rest in peace, Teletoon.

It just ended today, marking the end of an era for televised animation as we know it. From here on out, Cartoon Network Canada takes up its mantle.

I really wish it hadn't come to this...but I guess that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Now more than ever, I've become determined to make a cartoon of my own to honor all the happy memories they've made me. I wanna bring the same joy to the next generation of children that Teletoon did for my generation. No use crying over spilt Spliced - time to push forward in my life!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Terrible day for live service games
live service games outside of the likes of Fortnite are likely going to die anyways (especially the ones that are $60-$70 games instead of free)
I haven't touch Multiversus in months. Thankfully I didn't drop any money on it.

But next year is longer than I'd expect.
gotta get all those fixes in

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
MSCHF? Huh. Never heard of that studio. I wonder what other types of games they've made.

Does a Google

Huh. Neat.
Not much of a gaming studio, they're primarily fashion.

In fact, they are responsible for this monstrocity that went viral for a while
images-4.fill.size_2000x2000.v1676472761.jpg

Edit: I never said they were a serious company.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The ****ing file your taxes with the IRS waifu game has a 90 dollar collector's edition wihich has a body pillow. I'm almost impressed with this scam ass game lmao
“Iris Chan only your $90 dollar body can help me file my 1040s”

-The IRS personally evict you from your home for this purchase

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
they killed Chris and replaced him with a fake
I’ll give them props if it’s revealed Chris is still in prison and this is a lookalike host they hired.

With the real Chris eventually come back to reclaim his show.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Ubisoft is skipping E3.

I mean ik nobody plays their games anymore but it's another naip for E3's coffin
I hope Nintendo, Sony, and the like still have some sort of presentation in June. It was always nice to have those big summer news dumps.

I'll miss seeing the show floors though.

Shroob

Sup?
Thinking about Corviknight for Samurott.

Dunno what to finish the moveset with though.

Bulk Up, Drill Peck and Roost are necessary. Screech or Iron Defense for the last slot though?
The roster for the current build of PMEX Remix is crazy!

View attachment 369936
I still find it hilarious that the Fate and Blazblue characters they chose were Elizabeth and Nu-13.

Someone's waifuism is showing.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
CNN really published an article saying using black reaction gifs if your white, makes you a digital black face user.

Like what??? Who sits there and goes “that man used some of the most common and funniest images on the internet. But if they are white, I swear, we gonna cancel their ass”

Noipoi

Howdy!
Thinking about Corviknight for Samurott.

Dunno what to finish the moveset with though.

Bulk Up, Drill Peck and Roost are necessary. Screech or Iron Defense for the last slot though?
I'd go screech. You can never go wrong with making the raidmon frail as ****.

Shroob

Sup?
I'd go screech. You can never go wrong with making the raidmon frail as ****.
Corviknight @ Leftovers/Shell Bell
252 HP/252 ATK/ 4 Sp.Def
Adamant
Mirror Armor

-Bulk Up
-Screech
-Drill Peck
-Reflect

Ice moves hit neutral due to the Steel Typing and Bug is quad resisted. This seems like a solid choice.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
CNN really published an article saying using black reaction gifs if your white, makes you a digital black face user.

Like what??? Who sits there and goes “that man used some of the most common and funniest images on the internet. But if they are white, I swear, we gonna cancel their ass”
Welcome to modern news outlets.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Alright, black guy here with a crash course on digitap blackface.

First off, that article is trash and doesn't address the actual issue at hand.

Digital blackface is when you abuse online anonymity to pose as a black person online. This is done by appropiating culture, slang, etc to make you appear black when in reality you aren't. As for why? Well, people often do to enable or participate in racist rhetoric, mostly for trolling purposes, but sometimes peeps in power to it to spread division. Not a huge issue, but it's pretty blatant on some sites.

As for gifs, using black gifs =/= digital blackface. The big reason on why it's used is that white people gifs suck ****ing ass. Like I'm sorry but y'all are fr not funny, **** is what Facebook boomers would post. At worst, maybe black gifs can perpetuate stereotypes, but if a gif reinforces it for someone, then maybe they weren't so squeaky clean.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Alright, black guy here with a crash course on digitap blackface.

First off, that article is trash and doesn't address the actual issue at hand.

Digital blackface is when you abuse online anonymity to pose as a black person online. This is done by appropiating culture, slang, etc to make you appear black when in reality you aren't. As for why? Well, people often do to enable or participate in racist rhetoric, mostly for trolling purposes, but sometimes peeps in power to it to spread division. Not a huge issue, but it's pretty blatant on some sites.

As for gifs, using black gifs =/= digital blackface. The big reason on why it's used is that white people gifs suck *ing ass. Like I'm sorry but y'all are fr not funny, * is what Facebook boomers would post. At worst, maybe black gifs can perpetuate stereotypes, but if a gif reinforces it for someone, then maybe they weren't so squeaky clean.
Completely agree, as a white man, the only funny gifs we have are moist critical ones lol.

But there is absolutely a problem in what you mentioned, alongside trolls trying to justify racism by posing as someone they are not, this issue exists in full for everything on the internet as well.

From using real pictures to pose as someone, using someone’s name to scam, create false propaganda, harm public reputation, etc.

Modern day internet allows it to be scarily effective for these people to weaponize identity frauds and appropriation to accomplish whatever.

There’s needs to be greater ways to deal with this problem as it can harm anyone, and using gif/images of black people are not going to change that.

Even outside of people abusing identity, there’s real problems for black people on internet, such as the blatant neglect that content creators who arent white or woman receive. Where the companies behind them don’t support their endeavors like they should.
CNN should cover some real cyber crime for once.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I decided to get the entire BOXBOY series in addition to every Ace Attorney game available on the 3DS and Yoshi's Woolly World.

With just a little over an hour or so to go before the eShop's closure, which Dillon's Rolling Western games do any of you most recommend? I might not be able to get the third game in the series at this point, but it's like the last 3DS eShop exclusive franchise I'm really looking at right now.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Completely agree, as a white man, the only funny gifs we have are moist critical ones lol.

But there is absolutely a problem in what you mentioned, alongside trolls trying to justify racism by posing as someone they are not, this issue exists in full for everything on the internet as well.

From using real pictures to pose as someone, using someone’s name to scam, create false propaganda, harm public reputation, etc.

Modern day internet allows it to be scarily effective for these people to weaponize identity frauds and appropriation to accomplish whatever.

There’s needs to be greater ways to deal with this problem as it can harm anyone, and using gif/images of black people are not going to change that.

CNN should cover some real cyber crime for once.
Yeah, it's am issue but I don't think reaction images or gifs is gonna really be what drives it home. Now, if we wanna talk digital blackface TikTok may genuinelly be the worst of them all, that site is rife with white people stealing content and culture from minorities all over and the algorithm encourages it too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Z25

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Yeah, it's am issue but I don't think reaction images or gifs is gonna really be what drives it home. Now, if we wanna talk digital blackface TikTok may genuinelly be the worst of them all, that site is rife with white people stealing content and culture from minorities all over and the algorithm encourages it too.
Oh yeah I forgot that site still did those. The sites a **** show full of terrible people so I never used it.

I hope they actually ban the site. It causes way too many problems and encourages mental instability amongst its user and those terrible trends that do nothing but harm or annoy people irl.

Like the CEO said he wouldn’t even let his kids on there. That’s all they need to get rid of this garbage app.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Down to the final hour. It's a good thing that I'm at work, otherwise I'd be tempted to spend more. I really wish in hindsight I got on board those Atlus sales a few months ago. :skull:

I decided to get the entire BOXBOY series in addition to every Ace Attorney game available on the 3DS and Yoshi's Woolly World.

With just a little over an hour or so to go before the eShop's closure, which Dillon's Rolling Western games do any of you most recommend? I might not be able to get the third game in the series at this point, but it's like the last 3DS eShop exclusive franchise I'm really looking at right now.
To be honest, I got all three of them even though I only played the original for 20 minutes back when it was a bonus on Club Nintendo. lol

I'd probably prioritize the first, but that's just me. I know Dead Heat Breakers got a physical release in PAL regions and might take too long to download with the traffic.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
they killed Chris and replaced him with a fake
Yeah the new Chris voice is throwing me off. I get that Christian Potenza is off doing bigger things now, and I wish him luck, but as someone who grew up with his voice for Chris this is taking me the heck out-

Top Bottom