• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Crazy how all they had to do was change some 0s and Rose becomes like 90 percent more justified.

Granted it’s still a stupid plot line in theory when the world is loaded with Pokémon. Creatures with actual god powers. Global warming doesn’t exist, everyone’s got clean water, famine, non existent. Land? Literally endless, all because Pokémon can do anything and solve all the worlds problems.

Global Warming absolutely exists in the Pokemon World.

SwSh still had a stupid story though.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I’m very curious as to what James Gunn and Peter Safran have planned for the DCEU, cause some of these possible decisions are weird…however…
…this is both ****ing dumb and ****ing awesome

KillerCage

Smash Master

I-

WHAT?!

WHY?!
If any Naughty Dog needs a reboot, it should be Jak & Daxter.
Tell me I'm wrong, I dare you!

Can we get an F in the chat

UPDATE:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF
WWWWOOOOOWWWWW!!!!

The DCEU can't catch a break! It's almost as if the studio is being badly managed!

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
If any Naughty Dog needs a reboot, it should be Jak & Daxter.
Tell me I'm wrong, I dare you!

WWWWOOOOOWWWWW!!!!

The DCEU can't catch a break! It's almost as if the studio is being badly managed!
I’m gonna go into things hoping Diana isn’t just killed off out of the blue…and that Black Adam is merely going to be having a Shazam/Superman crossover film instead…

inb4 a New 52 turned Rebirth…turned Infinite Frontier…soon to be turned into the Dawn of DC…sort of relaunch goes down for the DCEU…

my god DC needs to stop with the massive reboots/relaunches/remakes

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Marvel just confirmed that Steve Rogers cries before having sex and I want to know why that needed to be a thing

like…out of all the things to know about a Marvel character…why make that something to know

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I’m gonna go into things hoping Diana isn’t just killed off out of the blue…and that Black Adam is merely going to be having a Shazam/Superman crossover film instead…

inb4 a New 52 turned Rebirth…turned Infinite Frontier…soon to be turned into the Dawn of DC…sort of relaunch goes down for the DCEU…

my god DC needs to stop with the massive reboots/relaunches/remakes
Imagine if DC just stopped making movies for like a decade and relaunched the DC film universe the correct way with all new actors and continuity.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Marvel just confirmed that Steve Rogers cries before having sex and I want to know why that needed to be a thing

like…out of all the things to know about a Marvel character…why make that something to know
Puh-lease that doesn't even scrape the tip of the iceberg for weird or bad **** put in comics for no particular reason

These don't scrape the tip either, I just don't like either of these stories.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Imagine if DC just stopped making movies for like a decade and relaunched the DC film universe the correct way with all new actors and continuity.
there isn’t a correct way for DC, and there will never will be a correct way, especially with a 10 year wait

however there can be a good way bro redeem the DCEU
Puh-lease that doesn't even scrape the tip of the iceberg for weird or bad **** put in comics for no particular reason

These don't scrape the tip either, I just don't like either of these stories.
One More Day aside, Steve spent so long having a lucky life only to finally get the curse of foolishness

also Sue Dibny deserved better

also also 616 Peter ain’t ever escaping the bad comic storylines until they learn that him being happy can be allowed

Shroob

Sup?
I mean, what is the 'correct' way? Because DC just keeps fumbling outside of Batman. You have some good movies for sure like Wonder Woman and Aquaman, but they seemingly can't keep up their momentum.

Really, the only thing they seemingly get right is Batman.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Regarding the DC movie news, I'm hoping Wonder Woman 3 is a situation where it needs to be rewritten because they actually have a plan for DC's movies now (rather than throwing seemingly everything at the wall and hoping that something sticks) and they want it to fit into that, rather than it being outright cancelled.

I'm not sure how reliable the Hollywood Reporter is when it comes to rumours like this, but if Henry Cavill isn't getting another solo Superman film, that's a shame. The movies that he was in had problems, but his casting definitely wasn't one of them. (It was more the writing/creative vision) The closest that he got to actually feeling like Superman was Joss Whedon's cut of Justice League, in my opinion, and it would be great to see him play the character when working with a different director.

If we're not getting a Black Adam sequel, that's a shame, though hopefully the character continues to appear. If they're getting rid of Jason Momoa as Aquaman, that just seems nonsensical. His movie did extremely well, he's consistently been praised in the role, and his portrayal pretty much undid the stigma of the Superfriends version single-handedly.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I mean, what is the 'correct' way? Because DC just keeps fumbling outside of Batman. You have some good movies for sure like Wonder Woman and Aquaman, but they seemingly can't keep up their momentum.

in the case of Wonder Woman and Aquaman, we don’t know if their momentum could’ve kept up due to multiple reasons. WW84 had to be on HBO Max and Theaters during the first year of quarantine, which only made the majority watch it at home during Christmas. We also haven’t gained any details on her first ever video game after the reveal at last year’s Game Awards. Tho her comics, like every other DC comic without a Batman character, don’t reach the Top 10 in sales every single time, but that’s reasonable.

Aquaman on the other hand, besides Lost Kingdom releasing Christmas 2023 after many delays caused by Flash, had to deal with Amber Heard’s everythings…tho he at least got an animated miniseries. Also the fact that he got a video game before her is ****ing crazy.

as for the Batman series being able to be their only stable franchise, it makes sense. Though they sometimes pretend Superman is their company’s top hero, in reality it’s Batman. I’m the real world Superman is the #2 guy, followed by Wonder Woman and ever growing Harley Quinn (which is just more Batman content to sell to the public). Making sure that franchise is everywhere honestly makes sense. Even those who complain about too much Batman are more than likely going to pay money to enjoy his content, so them doing whatever it takes to not screw up a Bat themed project may as well be guaranteed.

also I have written a mini comment essay
Regarding the DC movie news, I'm hoping Wonder Woman 3 is a situation where it needs to be rewritten because they actually have a plan for DC's movies now (rather than throwing seemingly everything at the wall and hoping that something sticks) and they want it to fit into that, rather than it being outright cancelled.

I'm not sure how reliable the Hollywood Reporter is when it comes to rumours like this, but if Henry Cavill isn't getting another solo Superman film, that's a shame. The movies that he was in had problems, but his casting definitely wasn't one of them. (It was more the writing/creative vision) The closest that he got to actually feeling like Superman was Joss Whedon's cut of Justice League, in my opinion, and it would be great to see him play the character when working with a different director.

If we're not getting a Black Adam sequel, that's a shame, though hopefully the character continues to appear. If they're getting rid of Jason Momoa as Aquaman, that just seems nonsensical. His movie did extremely well, he's consistently been praised in the role, and his portrayal pretty much undid the stigma of the Superfriends version single-handedly.
Cavill definitely needs to be given a more hopeful script (that both fits and isn’t cultish). As for Mamoa, it’d be weird to make him Lobo while expecting us to accept it within the same universe.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Right now have 150 Pokémon caught in the Paldea Dex.

The Quick Ball is truly a gift from Arceus.
I found this weird bug where sometimes when I throw a quick ball and the pokemon breaks out. Then I have to like, actually weaken it and stuff.

Bad game.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

I mean as far as actually building a cinematic universe and starting small with individual characters and stuff and not doing a big crossover on your second film.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
At this point, I'm joining the bandwagon of rebooting the DC Extended Universe.

I can at least treat The Suicide Squad as its own standalone film.
disrespecting Diana Prince like that
View attachment 364823
Even after the disaster the third film would have followed that was WW1984?

This is the same movie where she literally ***** some poor guy whose body was taken over by Steve.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Global Warming absolutely exists in the Pokemon World.

SwSh still had a stupid story though.
“Sudden climate change wiped out this ancient kind of Corsola. This Pokémon absorbs others' life-force through its branches.”

This implies there’s no climate change in modern day though.

these species exist again because there’s no threat to their species.

This lines up with the idea of Shaymin being created later on in history and it purifies the ozone layer.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Idk the latest chapter shows how badly you can fumble bags if you assume your date shares your special interests
View attachment 364824
Pictured: Me talking about Kamen Rider in this thread assuming people will like it
I mean it may be me but I'd fold for a girl who knows her deep sea facts

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
At this point, I'm joining the bandwagon of rebooting the DC Extended Universe.

I can at least treat The Suicide Squad as its own standalone film.

Even after the disaster the third film would have followed that was WW1984?

This is the same movie where she literally ***** some poor guy whose body was taken over by Steve.
I do not blame a regular ol Diana for that…
…I only blame Patty for writing that and tricking her into thinking it’d be fine
Idk the latest chapter shows how badly you can fumble bags if you assume your date shares your special interests
View attachment 364824
Pictured: Me talking about Kamen Rider in this thread assuming people will like it
is that the Kobeni girl or a character I won’t be seeing in the anime yet
And also because I'm lonely and probably more down bad tham Denji.
you’re exclusive to the Marina gang

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
“Sudden climate change wiped out this ancient kind of Corsola. This Pokémon absorbs others' life-force through its branches.”

This implies there’s no climate change in modern day though.

these species exist again because there’s no threat to their species.

This lines up with the idea of Shaymin being created later on in history and it purifies the ozone layer.
It's based off coral bleaching, a real life phenominon where coral dies off due to oceans rapidly warming, leaving only their rocky white skeletons behind. Hence its ghost-typing and white body. It's threatening real life coral reefs as we speak.

Pokemon has been sneaking in references to real life evils like that. Sharpedo has a pokedex entry implying it's poached for shark-fin soup, and an Aether Foundation employee makes a reference to the danger of invasive species, something that plagues real-life Hawaii (not to mention Ratatta and Yungoos themselves being invasive species).

Considering that there's definitely biology nerds working on pokymanz and its world building, it makes sense that they'd sneak enviromental themes in here and there, even if they need to be vague about it to keep the illusion of being apolitical. Heck even as far back as Gen 2 you see Grimers and Magnemites in places where they weren't before, implying that Kanto is continuing to grow more polluted. Even an NPC references how Grimer didn't used to live in a little pond in a city.

Kind of a depressing thing to sneak into a fun escapist fantasy like Pokemon. But pokemon is no stranger to sneaking in darker or disturbing themes.

osby

Smash Obsessed
View attachment 364824
Honestly, I think the last chapter was a pretty smart way to show off why Asa is such an interesting character and a great contrast the to cast of the first part.

While she's shown to be an asocial loner who tries too hard to please people but can't get along with them, it's not just a case of her being shy. She's actually quite a control freak when you come down to it. She hates people disagreeing or even not liking things she's passionate about or just has put a lot of thought into it and can't accept the simple fact that they have different tastes than her. Asa also has zero skills in reading people, even though she's upset that others don't understand her. Not only this is actually a refreshing and realistic take on an antisocial character.

For all intents and purposes, she's basically Makima if Makima had none of the charisma and social aptitude she has. I don't think it's confidential that Yoru picked her of all people to form a pact with and I think her relationship with Denji is going to explore how a Makima-like character would develop if she was forced to sympathize with people, as it's obvious that this part will revolve around Asa coming to care about people to activate Yoru's skills (probably to lose those bonds tragically at the end).

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It's based off coral bleaching, a real life phenominon where coral dies off due to oceans rapidly warming, leaving only their rocky white skeletons behind. Hence its ghost-typing and white body. It's threatening real life coral reefs as we speak.

Pokemon has been sneaking in references to real life evils like that. Sharpedo has a pokedex entry implying it's poached for shark-fin soup, and an Aether Foundation employee makes a reference to the danger of invasive species, something that plagues real-life Hawaii (not to mention Ratatta and Yungoos themselves being invasive species).

Considering that there's definitely biology nerds working on pokymanz and its world building, it makes sense that they'd sneak enviromental themes in here and there, even if they need to be vague about it to keep the illusion of being apolitical. Heck even as far back as Gen 2 you see Grimers and Magnemites in places where they weren't before, implying that Kanto is continuing to grow more polluted. Even an NPC references how Grimer didn't used to live in a little pond in a city.

Kind of a depressing thing to sneak into a fun escapist fantasy like Pokemon. But pokemon is no stranger to sneaking in darker or disturbing themes.
Wait I thought Pokemon only got political in X and Y by including a trans woman wtf you telling me this franchise is about enviromentalism by doing idk, making a Nuclear Reactor pokemon a poison type or having villainous teams do massive damage to the ecosystem? Crazy

osby

Smash Obsessed
Wait I thought Pokemon only got political in X and Y by including a trans woman wtf you telling me this franchise is about enviromentalism by doing idk, making a Nuclear Reactor pokemon a poison type or having villainous teams do massive damage to the ecosystem? Crazy
...we got a nuclear reactor Pokemon??

osby

Smash Obsessed
Iron Moth is nuclear powered, likely why it's typing changed to Fire Poison
Oh, that's neat.

I mean, you can argue that nuclear energy is no more or less poisonous than any other type of radiation but I don't think Pokemon is going to be nitpicky about this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom