• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Sticky Business

• Antonblast

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Valley Peaks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Helder Pinto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TMNT Splintered Fate

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Cat Quest 3

• stitch

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

• None

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I don't see it

Based !!!
There’s some interesting points to consider for this:
For one, her design more then ever paints her as a villain. Towers over everyone else, portraying a menacing demeanor according to npcs.

People also pointed out her Theme shares a lot of the same motifs as other villains music. I’m not sure on the gist of that but it’s interesting.

She describes herself as being unable to hold anything back despite knowing she should. ( her ass team aside) This is the words of a villain who will do whatever It takes to achieve her goals.

Clavel mentions he owns a lot to the league that he could almost never repay them for during Iono’s challenge. What have they done for him? Why was he on the research team at area zero?
Why did he leave?

Presumably this got him the directors job to
Begin with. He clearly didn’t work at the school
Beforehand, so to jump straight to director raises some eyebrows on his history here.

We know Geeta has been running the league for years now, and she is shown to be seemingly close to Clavel based on the final nemona fight. She has to have ties to Clavels backstory. The expedition and research team are kept very hush hush and I think we will learn the reason why in whatever they do next for these games.

Something big went down at that expedition site. Sada/Turo are the last ones left and mention everyone left the project.Their research is even smudged as if it was covered up, something I don’t think either of them would have done.

Lastly, half the gym leaders seem to hate her when you go to rematch them. Tulip even says Geeta has a bad aura about her. That’s a very intriguing piece of dialog to just throw in there. I don’t think it’s just a jab at astrology symbols. It seems there is some very sketchy things about Geeta.

Her being evil and busting out an actual kick ass team would make a lot of sense and explain why they wrote her they way they did. Im also interested by the fact that Geeta is basically the sole funder of the school.

Which raises one last connection. Where do you get the master ball this game? Not from a professor or major story event. You get it after you’ve beaten the big threat. Except that the big threat was catching every Pokémon in master balls.

My theory is Geeta supplies these and that’s why the school had them.Her funding the research would also explain how they got all master balls.

Maybe this is reaching but there’s just a lot going on with her and I don’t think it’s gonna be good

Jondolio

Smash Hero
There’s some interesting points to consider for this:
For one, her design more then ever paints her as a villain. Towers over everyone else, portraying a menacing demeanor according to npcs.

People also pointed out her Theme shares a lot of the same motifs as other villains music. I’m not sure on the gist of that but it’s interesting.

She describes herself as being unable to hold anything back despite knowing she should. ( her ass team aside) This is the words of a villain who will do whatever It takes to achieve her goals.

Clavel mentions he owns a lot to the league that he could almost never repay them for during Iono’s challenge. What have they done for him? Why was he on the research team at area zero?
Why did he leave?

Presumably this got him the directors job to
Begin with. He clearly didn’t work at the school
Beforehand, so to jump straight to director raises some eyebrows on his history here.

We know Geeta has been running the league for years now, and she is shown to be seemingly close to Clavel based on the final nemona fight. She has to have ties to Clavels backstory. The expedition and research team are kept very hush hush and I think we will learn the reason why in whatever they do next for these games.

Something big went down at that expedition site. Sada/Turo are the last ones left and mention everyone left the project.Their research is even smudged as if it was covered up, something I don’t think either of them would have done.

Lastly, half the gym leaders seem to hate her when you go to rematch them. Tulip even says Geeta has a bad aura about her. That’s a very intriguing piece of dialog to just throw in there. I don’t think it’s just a jab at astrology symbols. It seems there is some very sketchy things about Geeta.

Her being evil and busting out an actual kick ass team would make a lot of sense and explain why they wrote her they way they did. Im also interested by the fact that Geeta is basically the sole funder of the school.

Which raises one last connection. Where do you get the master ball this game? Not from a professor or major story event. You get it after you’ve beaten the big threat. Except that the big threat was catching every Pokémon in master balls.

My theory is Geeta supplies these and that’s why the school had them.Her funding the research would also explain how they got all master balls.

Maybe this is reaching but there’s just a lot going on with her and I don’t think it’s gonna be good
Tbh I hope you're right. As it stands now Geeta is probably my least favorite character in the game and I hope she gets to redeem herself.

I hope it doesn't come at the cost of Clavell also being evil though. He's probably my favorite character in the game because of what a good guy he is

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Tbh I hope you're right. As it stands now Geeta is probably my least favorite character in the game and I hope she gets to redeem herself.

I hope it doesn't come at the cost of Clavell also being evil though. He's probably my favorite character in the game because of what a good guy he is
I think Clavel’s good guy and just doesn’t realize how Much of a mess things have become or that maybe the school has more secrets then he thought. Being totally oblivious to team star kinda shows that he can be easily caught up in a situation where all the facts are muddled. If Geeta is evil, I think he knows she’s had some odd moments, but doesn’t believe she’s a bad person at the core.

The fact that the game heavily implies her ace glimmora is a species directly from area zero, and responsible for harnessing the terrestrial energy, is a big key to the future story I think. My guess is she’s after the power of the 3rd legendary for whatever her agenda is. Maybe to terrastralize the world and bring species from the past and future to create the so called paradise the professors wanted to make.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Been thinking about It, and I feel that since I may likely cancel my preorder of Dragon Quest Treasures due to budgetary reasons and since I am getting a short break from classes this week due to national holidays It is a good time to do a new thing for me at least that I haven't done on this site before...

Honestly, this may be a good warm up for the upcoming best and worst movies of 2022 list I'm currently working on, and will help ya'll get used to this new format for the lists I'm testing. With that said... Let's get to It.
Been debating seriously about whether or not to include this Game, but I feel that the effort put into It does justify the inclussion:

Yes, Pac-Man World Re-Pac is my 5th favourite Game of the year, as crazy as It sounds.

A well-put together remake, which against all the odds is still getting updated through patches with new content and DLC. A game which has a lot of fan-service for the fans of the original game and adds some long-awaited improvements such as the controls or the new ending which will and has already put a smile on many people.

Imo one of the underrated titles of this year, which I wanted to highlight on this list. It is quite cheap, so I really reccomend It.

Controversies aside, I really love this game.

Addictive combat mechanics, breathtaking Battle enviroments which feel taken out of Doctor Strange 1 or other similar movies, really fun characters and overall a really pleasing experience to the ears and even the eyes if you manage to get over the framerate issues.

As my first experience with the franchise, I feel It is a decent starting point and that the Gameplay is really solid enough to make you stay with the Game. My only nitpick is that I wish they brought back the crossover costumes from 2. But even then, solid game.
Here we have a tie because I really can't get myself to choose one over the other

Both games have stuff I really enjoy: fun Maps to explore, great Pokémon and character design, cool writing for the franchise's standards, imo the best human characters of the franchise so far and a huge improvement on the gameplay style which I hope carries on to future titles.

Sure, they both have bugs and imperfections which leave them far from being GOTYs, but both as a Pokémon fan and an enjoyer of videogames I feel that the good does outweight the bad with these, and the problems can easily be improved on with updates and DLC.

So yeah, if you are a Pokémon fan, these two are surely a must to try out imo.

It is no secret for some of you that I am a big Sonic and SEGA fan. And ever since Forces I've been hoping for a 3D Sonic game which can revitalize the franchise and bring It to a more focused and better path... This game imo is finally It.

Fun worlds to explore, the usual incredible Sonic music, great character interactions for the franchise's standards as with the games from spot number 3, epic boss fights which ask you to start a new save file and replay them again and overall... Just a fun and really enjoyable experience all throught.

There are imperfections of course, some parts which I wish were omitted and some Cyberspace levels which I wish could be improved through patches for example... But that doesn't take It away from the merits this Game has.
And the best thing is that there is more to come for It through future free DLC, which seems really hype.

So yeah, really glad I bought this game, and excited for the future of the franchise between It and the movies.
This is a new section for my lists which I'm debuting with this one. I'll quickly pass through some games I played this year which I also enjoyed but didn't manage to make It to the list for one reason or another.

Horizon Forbidden West: really great game with a cool message imo, although I haven't played enough of It to be very clear about whether or not It should be on the list. Would reccomend It to those Who have a PS5 doh.

Miles Morales and Ratchet & Clank: I really wanted to add these to the list. But sadly they released last year back when I didn't have a PS5 so sadly they aren't valid at the moment. Both are really solid titles by Insomniac Games which expand upon their prior games and deliver a really refreshing and enjoyable experience. Miles Morales specially with the improved combat.

Multiversus: really fun fighting Game. I love the character roster so far and on the first months It was my most played Game of the year. Wish It got some stuff added at the moment doh, but there's still time to let the game grow and see how It goes.

Klonoa Phantasy Reverie Series: another Bamco remake. Not as polished and well-thought out as Pac-Man World Re-Pac, but still a great time and worth It for Klonoa fans.
I feel this one is gonna be really controversial... But here It goes:

Return To Monkey Island is a sequel and imo the worthy revival of two of the greatest point & click games ever created (The Secret Of Monkey Island and it's sequel).
These games were huge in Spain and the Canary Islands, with even some university partners of mine having Big brothers Who played these games on their childhood, so It was surely a big deal to see the franchise return... So how did they do It?

Controversial artstyle aside (which I personally find charming and enjoyable anyways) the Game presents some of the best character interactions of any game I played this year, some really fun puzzles, really hilarious moments which unironically made me laugh, incredible music as usual with these games... And an at first confusing but eventually heartwarming ending to what may be one of the best franchises of videogames which I won't spoil for those Who want to play It.

It is kind of a short Adventure, so anyone can pick the game on its free time and get through It whenever they want at any pace. It also adds some really cool QoL improvements if you get stuck at any part of the game.

My nitpicks? Well... There's not much I can say, but I do wish the game had a musical moment such as this one in Curse Of Monkey Island:
But besides that... Yeah, I just loved the game all thought out.

It is also cheap, costing 25€ and sometimes less. So if you find It at the eShop or the PlayStation Store surely go for It. You will find some memorable characters and one of the greatest videogame revivals in recent time. Truly what this legendary franchise deserved.
So yeah, that's the list. Hopefully those who went through all of it enjoyed It and have a great night :)
**** yeah Monkey Island, love to see it

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
Been thinking about It, and I feel that since I may likely cancel my preorder of Dragon Quest Treasures due to budgetary reasons and since I am getting a short break from classes this week due to national holidays It is a good time to do a new thing for me at least that I haven't done on this site before...

Honestly, this may be a good warm up for the upcoming best and worst movies of 2022 list I'm currently working on, and will help ya'll get used to this new format for the lists I'm testing. With that said... Let's get to It.
Been debating seriously about whether or not to include this Game, but I feel that the effort put into It does justify the inclussion:

Yes, Pac-Man World Re-Pac is my 5th favourite Game of the year, as crazy as It sounds.

A well-put together remake, which against all the odds is still getting updated through patches with new content and DLC. A game which has a lot of fan-service for the fans of the original game and adds some long-awaited improvements such as the controls or the new ending which will and has already put a smile on many people.

Imo one of the underrated titles of this year, which I wanted to highlight on this list. It is quite cheap, so I really reccomend It.

Controversies aside, I really love this game.

Addictive combat mechanics, breathtaking Battle enviroments which feel taken out of Doctor Strange 1 or other similar movies, really fun characters and overall a really pleasing experience to the ears and even the eyes if you manage to get over the framerate issues.

As my first experience with the franchise, I feel It is a decent starting point and that the Gameplay is really solid enough to make you stay with the Game. My only nitpick is that I wish they brought back the crossover costumes from 2. But even then, solid game.
Here we have a tie because I really can't get myself to choose one over the other

Both games have stuff I really enjoy: fun Maps to explore, great Pokémon and character design, cool writing for the franchise's standards, imo the best human characters of the franchise so far and a huge improvement on the gameplay style which I hope carries on to future titles.

Sure, they both have bugs and imperfections which leave them far from being GOTYs, but both as a Pokémon fan and an enjoyer of videogames I feel that the good does outweight the bad with these, and the problems can easily be improved on with updates and DLC.

So yeah, if you are a Pokémon fan, these two are surely a must to try out imo.

It is no secret for some of you that I am a big Sonic and SEGA fan. And ever since Forces I've been hoping for a 3D Sonic game which can revitalize the franchise and bring It to a more focused and better path... This game imo is finally It.

Fun worlds to explore, the usual incredible Sonic music, great character interactions for the franchise's standards as with the games from spot number 3, epic boss fights which ask you to start a new save file and replay them again and overall... Just a fun and really enjoyable experience all throught.

There are imperfections of course, some parts which I wish were omitted and some Cyberspace levels which I wish could be improved through patches for example... But that doesn't take It away from the merits this Game has.
And the best thing is that there is more to come for It through future free DLC, which seems really hype.

So yeah, really glad I bought this game, and excited for the future of the franchise between It and the movies.
This is a new section for my lists which I'm debuting with this one. I'll quickly pass through some games I played this year which I also enjoyed but didn't manage to make It to the list for one reason or another.

Horizon Forbidden West: really great game with a cool message imo, although I haven't played enough of It to be very clear about whether or not It should be on the list. Would reccomend It to those Who have a PS5 doh.

Miles Morales and Ratchet & Clank: I really wanted to add these to the list. But sadly they released last year back when I didn't have a PS5 so sadly they aren't valid at the moment. Both are really solid titles by Insomniac Games which expand upon their prior games and deliver a really refreshing and enjoyable experience. Miles Morales specially with the improved combat.

Multiversus: really fun fighting Game. I love the character roster so far and on the first months It was my most played Game of the year. Wish It got some stuff added at the moment doh, but there's still time to let the game grow and see how It goes.

Klonoa Phantasy Reverie Series: another Bamco remake. Not as polished and well-thought out as Pac-Man World Re-Pac, but still a great time and worth It for Klonoa fans.
I feel this one is gonna be really controversial... But here It goes:

Return To Monkey Island is a sequel and imo the worthy revival of two of the greatest point & click games ever created (The Secret Of Monkey Island and it's sequel).
These games were huge in Spain and the Canary Islands, with even some university partners of mine having Big brothers Who played these games on their childhood, so It was surely a big deal to see the franchise return... So how did they do It?

Controversial artstyle aside (which I personally find charming and enjoyable anyways) the Game presents some of the best character interactions of any game I played this year, some really fun puzzles, really hilarious moments which unironically made me laugh, incredible music as usual with these games... And an at first confusing but eventually heartwarming ending to what may be one of the best franchises of videogames which I won't spoil for those Who want to play It.

It is kind of a short Adventure, so anyone can pick the game on its free time and get through It whenever they want at any pace. It also adds some really cool QoL improvements if you get stuck at any part of the game.

My nitpicks? Well... There's not much I can say, but I do wish the game had a musical moment such as this one in Curse Of Monkey Island:
But besides that... Yeah, I just loved the game all thought out.

It is also cheap, costing 25€ and sometimes less. So if you find It at the eShop or the PlayStation Store surely go for It. You will find some memorable characters and one of the greatest videogame revivals in recent time. Truly what this legendary franchise deserved.
So yeah, that's the list. Hopefully those who went through all of it enjoyed It and have a great night :)
Another guy with some Monkey Island and Klonoa (even if that's a honorable mention) bias, and I really love to see that here!

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I can’t help but think that MHA only killed off Midnight is due to the superior Mirko
Weird side tangent alert.

As a fan of DC and Marvel Comics, it kind of bothers me that MHA characters are primarily referred to by fans by their real names and not their hero names. American superheroes are almost always just called by their codenames when discussed so it just feels weird to me.

osby

Smash Obsessed

As a fan of DC and Marvel Comics, it kind of bothers me that MHA characters are primarily referred to by fans by their real names and not their hero names. American superheroes are almost always just called by their codenames when discussed so it just feels weird to me.
MHA superheroes aren't American.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
In other news, the combined HBO Max and Discovery+ service has a rumored name:

Max

dezeray112

Smash Hero
James Gunn's DC Universe films will not take place until 2024. Anyways, I know I am late to the party, but I think Gunn is definitely someone who shows passion on comic book movies and tv shows which is a plus for the DC Universe films as shown within his previous works.

Other than that, it will be very ambitious of Warner Bros. and David Zaslav to replicate the Marvel Cinematic Universe model because these do take quite a while (years) for it to materialise.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

The very few American heroes shown also don’t use their hero names that often…tho it doesn’t matter since the majority of the characters in the series don’t have secret identities
In other news, the combined HBO Max and Discovery+ service has a rumored name:

Max
Name of the Year
James Gunn's DC Universe films will not take place until 2024. Anyways, I know I am late to the party, but I think Gunn is definitely someone who shows passion on comic book movies and tv shows which is a plus for the DC Universe films as shown within his previous works.

Other than that, it will be very ambitious of Warner Bros. and David Zaslav to replicate the Marvel Cinematic Universe model because these do take quite a while (years) for it to materialise.
someone like James Gunn was an absolute need to fix up whatever the DCEU was before him (and will maybe fuse the Snyder and Snyderless timelines into 1)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Give me that Secret Six film already! I wanna see more King Shark!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Back to having some art to post, been sick this week, so progress on other stuff's been slower, but I'm fine with it for now. I'm mostly ahead of schedule for a long ass time anyway. First piece is Lara Croft, never drew her much before, so I'm glad I did now.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I know. I didn't word my point clearly. I was trying to say that it's something we do in America but apparently not in Japan. To the point that it feels like a breach of etiquette to my American brain. It's just so weird to me to have a superhero character and not call them by their Hero identity.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I know. I didn't word my point clearly. I was trying to say that it's something we do in America but apparently not in Japan. To the point that it feels like a breach of etiquette to my American brain. It's just so weird to me to have a superhero character and not call them by their Hero identity.
I mean, it probably differs from franchise to franchise. From what I can tell, it's not uncommon for fans from all places to call Tiger & Bunny characters by their hero names, for example.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, for the most part. But when trying to discuss characters like Miles Morales or Ben Reilly, let alone most of the Robins or Green Lanterns, then people use their actual names(**** Grayson, Tim Drake, John Stewart, Hal Jordan, ect.). Cause when you say Spider-Man, most people will think Peter Parker. And this applies Ghost Rider and the Flash as well. But that's more of an issue with characters and their legacy spin-offs existing concurrently. As opposed to MHA where characters have original hero names AND civilian names being well known.

though like Osby said, Tiger and Bunny, the characters hero names are more commonly said out loud.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Has anyone gotten to try out trying to use sandwhich spawns at Area Zero while playing with someone who has the other version?

I was told it’s not worth it because the spawns don’t work the same but I don’t know if it’s true or not.

In trying to debate if I should hunt for doubles of the scarlet exclusives for trade if not.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Has anyone gotten to try out trying to use sandwhich spawns at Area Zero while playing with someone who has the other version?

I was told it’s not worth it because the spawns don’t work the same but I don’t know if it’s true or not.

In trying to debate if I should hunt for doubles of the scarlet exclusives for trade if not.
You can get the other exclusives but have to be close to each other and you're invisible to the other player for some reason

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
You can get the other exclusives but have to be close to each other and you're invisible to the other player for some reason
Online or locally? I have all the other exclusives, and the shiny charm. I was looking to hunt them but learned that the other version player needs to make the sand which that increases those shiny and encounter rates.

However I saw people say it still wasn't worth it because spawns Aren’t that great in multiplayer there.

I don’t know if this is true or not. I wanted to shiny hunt the other exclusives and have my OT, but if not I don’t mind trading for them either.

D

Deleted member

Random question, can we already transfer our Pokémon from SwSh/BDSP/Legends Arceus to Pokémon Scarlet/Violet?

Been seeing videos on YouTube of people playing matches with non-catchable legendaries and other mons in the game, so that left me wondering.

Top Bottom