• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sticky Business

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Antonblast

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • Valley Peaks

• Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Helder Pinto

• TMNT Splintered Fate

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Cat Quest 3

• stitch

• Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

• None

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Yeah majority of American holidays stand for some truly awful things but it's been ingrained in traditiom for so long that nobody wants to change it. Like it took this decade for people to go "hm... maybe we shouldn't idoloze Columbus" and even then we didn't even get rid of Columbus Day
Christopher Colombia created America.

Thanks Chris.
It should be changed to Leif Erikson day. He was the first European to discover the New World not that fraud Columbus who stole all his credit!

Last edited:

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
hinga dinga dergen
I like to imagine all Vikings spoke like Swedish chef

king Alfred orders all his troops to hold for he had heard of the vikings fierce fear tactics

boooorter Schnaar bort bort bort buurty bee

the English soilders took a step back paralyzed
A little pee coming out

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
So I’ve apparently battled 9 shiny Pokémon. Except….

I only have 3 caught…..

How the hell did I miss 6??????

Auto battle isn’t suppose to kill them, but 100 percent it does, no way I miss them otherwise.
Have you evolved them?
Because for some reason the game counts evolving the shinies you do catch as shinies you've battled.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
osby osby Speed Weed Speed Weed so, how are we feeling about Sonic Frontiers seemingly being a success my dear SEGA pals?:sonic:
Hi to everyone else too btw, hopefully ya'll are having a cool Thanksgiving if ya'll live at the States
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MY DUUUUUUUUDE

Anyway I'll admit I've lost some interest in Sonic as I've gone deeper and deeper into the SEGA rabbit hole, but I do think it's nice to finally have a well-regarded new 3D Sonic that doesn't need like 10 years of hindsight to be appreciated lol

D

Deleted member

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MY DUUUUUUUUDE

Anyway I'll admit I've lost some interest in Sonic as I've gone deeper and deeper into the SEGA rabbit hole, but I do think it's nice to finally have a well-regarded new 3D Sonic that doesn't need like 10 years of hindsight to be appreciated lol
Yup, It sure does feel really nice that we finally managed to get a 3D Sonic game where most people agree It can be quite a fun time!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Well, It has been quite a long while since I last talked with ya'll, so let's try to do some quick catch up, sha'll we? Gonna use spoiler tags as to not flood the chat of course.
-Well, first and foremost I finally went back to university... And It is going great! I'm passing every exam with good success, I made a lot of new friends in my class and the overall enviroment has been really healthy and strong. We truly are doing a lot of great things at class, and I'm proud of It. Thinking I'm doing well enough at shaping up my future as an English teacher.

-I declared to my Crush. It went way better than I expected! We still aren't a couple, but she told me she is quite proud of having known me and that she wishes to stay with me for as long as possible. So It is quite a great start.

-My family... Is actually doing stuff to improve our relationship! And they are doing a cool job at It. There hasn't been any major Family drama in over 12 months or any weird chapter, and things have been really chill overall, so that's nice and relieving.

-On some minor stuff, I got a PS5 and recently a 4K TV! Been playing Ratchet & Clank, Miles Morales, Pac-Man World Re-Pac, Sonic Frontiers, Klonoa, Horizon Forbidden West and some more cool games. All great stuff.

-Been going to the psychologist a lot, she has helped me a lot to gain a lot of mental peace. I have reflected on a lot of stuff from the past and seen how I am today and I feel at a healthier mental state. There's still room for improvement, but I'm not the emotional Wreck I used to be. All awesome stuff.

-My IRL Friends are all doing great too! (At least as far as I know). We are still doing meetups, we met for my birthday to go watch Black Adam all together and we even reunited with my old Friends from our old group. Things are overall way better between us.

So yeah, overall really nice stuff. Quite proud of everything I have achieved this year.
And with all said, I think It is time to owe an apology to three people in concrete.
Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna Lamperouge Lamperouge Wademan94 Wademan94 ok, so I know we haven't talked in a really long time, and I was extremely rude to the three of you back then. Ya'll tried your hardest to be near me... And I kinda treated the three of you like poop.

I didn't realize It back then because I was an emotional wreckage as I said earlier... But yeah, ya'll deserved better. And I hope that with this new mindstate I have achieved, with all the successes I have gotten and just the brighter mood inside my head... We can all make the experience for everyone here as pleasing as possible.

So yeah, sorry for being quite the jerk back then. I forgive the three of you for all the actions I took and wish the best for the three of you.
And yeah, with all that said... Let's get to it! For a good end of year!
Ayyy what's up bro?
Having a chill night my dear friend! How are you enjoying Pokémon Scarlet & Violet and Ash's recent victory :)
I mean I'm not thrilled. But my opinion doesn't count because.... I'm not sure why to be honest...
Nah, I've seen people who weren't that excited for Frontiers and It is fair.

Not every Game is made for everyone :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Have you evolved them?
Because for some reason the game counts evolving the shinies you do catch as shinies you've battled.
yes, which is interesting because it still leaves me at 1 shiny unaccounted for, unless hero mode counts.

Question: Can there be a performance difference between playing a digital game or physical? (I got Scarlet digital)

I haven't come across any noteworthy bugs in my playthrough so far.
I’m gonna bet and say yes. I’m playing scarlet digital with absolutely no issues.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I’m curious what those reasons are
The Scarlet/Violet books have a ton of lore and unsolved mysteries relating to Area Zero.
1. Numerous mysterious symbols can be found in the area, including one on a metal slab and another on the ground in the room where Roaring Moon and Iron Valliant are obtainable. The former is also detailed as being part of a massive slab that was made of an unknown metal that was literally unscratchable. These symbols appear on Pokemon Scarlet and Pokemon Violet's logos on the title screen as well. Their meaning is unknown.
2. One of the entries refers to a mysterious voice calling to one of the explorers in their sleep, and when they awoke they had written a paper with schematics and ramblings and such he has no recollection of writing. The final entry, which is rather smudged, refers to a mysterious Pokemon (Still unconfirmed but possible) that resembles a disk covered in numerous hexagons. It's unknown if these two have a connection or not.
3. The Terastalization phenomena has yet to be explained, despite it's numerous qualities of giving massive outpourings of energy capable of powering AI interfaces that shouldn't be possible as well as a time machine, not to mention the type change affect. Unlike other gimmicks which are explained via various means (Ultimate Weapon, Ultra Space energy, Eternatus), this has yet to be defined. We also have no idea how the Paradox Forms were spotted on prior expeditions into Area Zero when the time machine was only activated in the present day.
4. One entry details an "Imaginary Pokemon", seemingly from Area Zero's depths. These Pokemon are fusions of Legendary trios. Raikou, Entei, and Suicune in Scarlet and Cobalion, Terrakion, and Virizion in Violet. Nothing else is known of them, but sketches are provided.

Whilst they are seemingly made up, they have been previously confirmed by leakers as proper Pokemon, so we'll have to wait and see on that front.

As you can see, there's a lot to unpack from this, and a lot of mysteries unsolved in Area Zero. Thus, it's a prime opportunity for DLC to explore these, whether it be via introducing an unknown part of Area Zero or by doing something different entirely.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Well, It has been quite a long while since I last talked with ya'll, so let's try to do some quick catch up, sha'll we? Gonna use spoiler tags as to not flood the chat of course.
-Well, first and foremost I finally went back to university... And It is going great! I'm passing every exam with good success, I made a lot of new friends in my class and the overall enviroment has been really healthy and strong. We truly are doing a lot of great things at class, and I'm proud of It. Thinking I'm doing well enough at shaping up my future as an English teacher.

-I declared to my Crush. It went way better than I expected! We still aren't a couple, but she told me she is quite proud of having known me and that she wishes to stay with me for as long as possible. So It is quite a great start.

-My family... Is actually doing stuff to improve our relationship! And they are doing a cool job at It. There hasn't been any major Family drama in over 12 months or any weird chapter, and things have been really chill overall, so that's nice and relieving.

-On some minor stuff, I got a PS5 and recently a 4K TV! Been playing Ratchet & Clank, Miles Morales, Pac-Man World Re-Pac, Sonic Frontiers, Klonoa, Horizon Forbidden West and some more cool games. All great stuff.

-Been going to the psychologist a lot, she has helped me a lot to gain a lot of mental peace. I have reflected on a lot of stuff from the past and seen how I am today and I feel at a healthier mental state. There's still room for improvement, but I'm not the emotional Wreck I used to be. All awesome stuff.

-My IRL Friends are all doing great too! (At least as far as I know). We are still doing meetups, we met for my birthday to go watch Black Adam all together and we even reunited with my old Friends from our old group. Things are overall way better between us.

So yeah, overall really nice stuff. Quite proud of everything I have achieved this year.
And with all said, I think It is time to owe an apology to three people in concrete.
Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna Lamperouge Lamperouge Wademan94 Wademan94 ok, so I know we haven't talked in a really long time, and I was extremely rude to the three of you back then. Ya'll tried your hardest to be near me... And I kinda treated the three of you like poop.

I didn't realize It back then because I was an emotional wreckage as I said earlier... But yeah, ya'll deserved better. And I hope that with this new mindstate I have achieved, with all the successes I have gotten and just the brighter mood inside my head... We can all make the experience for everyone here as pleasing as possible.

So yeah, sorry for being quite the jerk back then. I forgive the three of you for all the actions I took and wish the best for the three of you.

Having a chill night my dear friend! How are you enjoying Pokémon Scarlet & Violet and Ash's recent victory :)

Great to hear that you are doing well!

Shroob

Sup?
There is one thing I don't quite 100% understand

So, the Paradox Pokemon are Past/Future Pokemon

And we see them come out of a time machine

But that kinda throws the Future Pokemon's Pokedex entry completely out, don't they? All the future mons say they come from stories in science fiction magazines, yet, here they are.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
There is one thing I don't quite 100% understand

So, the Paradox Pokemon are Past/Future Pokemon

And we see them come out of a time machine

But that kinda throws the Future Pokemon's Pokedex entry completely out, don't they? All the future mons say they come from stories in science fiction magazines, yet, here they are.
Pay $30 for the DLC to maybe have this answered.

My personal guess, is it goes back to the names of these things and that their origin isn’t meant to make complete sense either way. Just another crazy mystery in the world of Pokémon.

Like why do the humans celebrate Christmas, if Arceus is their god?

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605

Hey Jotade good to see you again mate. Glad you're doing well, and welcome back.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh yeah, I’m a bit late, but happy thanksgiving today! Didn’t get to celebrate with my family today, but we will be tomorrow. At least now we will all be free for Christmas, Which is nice.

Hope all who celebrated it, Enjoyed the day!

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

url.jpg

Nice to hear ya doing better

As for SV, really enjoyed it. Could use some quality of life improvements in a couple areas, but otherwise, they're great.

Last edited:
Top Bottom