• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Dukefire

Smash Master
ALL of us is waiting for Frontiers. Just what are the secrets for Sage and the rest of the Starfall islands.
Also, Knuckles acknowledging the Adventure Era.
Screenshot_20221101-093249_YouTube.jpg

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
November has come.

Also, found out about Flintstones getting a new show very soon taking place after the original with the cave kids grown up.
bedrock.jpg

Set two decades after the original Flintsones, this new adult comedy series follows a near-retiring Fred and a Pebbles in her 20s pursuing her own career, all the midst of Bedrock transitioning from the Stone Age to a new Bronze Age.
(Judging by the city in the background, things are getting more advanced)

Troykv

Smash Master

Check this out, guys.
This was, incredible! Such a love letter to the character, the function of this promo was to explain Knuckles' presence, but they went very hard on make it good, I love it!

I hope Knuckles is playable even just as a post-game bonus.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Yeah, though I was talking about Thanksgiving. :p
Not everyone eats turkey on Thanksgiving. Hell some people don't even eat a specific bird on Thanksgiving. And why should they? Why are birds always a holiday food? At least Christmas you got the holly ham, but nobody talks about that because that implies people actually do have a nice dinner with their own family on Christmas Day. Who the **** does that?

Anyways, my point is that turkeys are birds.

Dukefire

Smash Master
I don't want to shift the attention away from Sonic Frontiers, but Bendy is coming back for more on November 15th.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Not everyone eats turkey on Thanksgiving. Hell some people don't even eat a specific bird on Thanksgiving. And why should they? Why are birds always a holiday food? At least Christmas you got the holly ham, but nobody talks about that because that implies people actually do have a nice dinner with their own family on Christmas Day. Who the **** does that?

Anyways, my point is that turkeys are birds.
I know that. Still, in regards to what you said, that is just the way things are.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I decided to take a look at my playtime with each Pokemon game.

Let's Go Eevee: 250 Hours
Shining Pearl: 240 Hours
Pokemon Legends: 455 Hours
Pokemon Sword: 1495 Hours

ScVi are gonna be the titles I die on.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The rest of the game was so good that I couldn't bring myself to dislike the story completely but I did have a big problem with the ending.

The game's big ending hanging on Bayo and Luka's romance felt weak to me. It's not like they have zero chemistry but Bayonetta flirting with Luka was always played for laughs. This game needed to give them a lot of screentime to convincingly pull the relationship off but they barely spend any time together unless you count Strider boss fights.

Their parental feelings towards Viola were nice but they didn't need to be together for that.

Also, I think the ending was a bit too sad after everything the characters went through even if the game was going for a more bittersweet tone compared to previous ones.
yeah the ending was unexpectedly depressing compared to what we usually witness from the franchise. Like, sure they finally shared a kiss as they were dragged to hell (and Bayo taking off her glasses was quite a shock), but for them to just die right after all that was quite a shock. Probably would’ve been better to have added a lot more scenes between the two…and to maybe not kill them depending on the long term plan. If they stayed alive then the romance ending would’ve worked better. Fighting to survive and be with each other in New York would’ve been more satisfying. Probably could’ve had Cereza 1 and 2 help keep 3 from death as well. That way, you’d have them continue their love and still be the main characters of the next set of games.

also I think we were meant to rely on the past games to assume the Cerezita love life with Luka is the way everything in the multiverse is meant to be.

And despite the deaths done to make Viola the new Bayonetta (which I guess at least handles it better than TLOU2), what I won’t be able to make sense out of is how dirty Jeanne was done again. Poor legend went through all that MGS stuff just to casually die…again, but without the ability to be taken out of hell. Oh well.

Dukefire

Smash Master
This is me with multiple games arriving in November. Getting overwhelmed with choices and news.

Jondolio

Smash Hero

osby

Smash Obsessed
yeah the ending was unexpectedly depressing compared to what we usually witness from the franchise. Like, sure they finally shared a kiss as they were dragged to hell (and Bayo taking off her glasses was quite a shock), but for them to just die right after all that was quite a shock. Probably would’ve been better to have added a lot more scenes between the two…and to maybe not kill them depending on the long term plan. If they stayed alive then the romance ending would’ve worked better. Fighting to survive and be with each other in New York would’ve been more satisfying. Probably could’ve had Cereza 1 and 2 help keep 3 from death as well. That way, you’d have them continue their love and still be the main characters of the next set of games.

also I think we were meant to rely on the past games to assume the Cerezita love life with Luka is the way everything in the multiverse is meant to be.

And despite the deaths done to make Viola the new Bayonetta (which I guess at least handles it better than TLOU2), what I won’t be able to make sense out of is how dirty Jeanne was done again. Poor legend went through all that MGS stuff just to casually die…again, but without the ability to be taken out of hell. Oh well.
Yeah, there's no way to perfectly execute what essentially the franchise switching its titular protagonist but if they really wanted to kill off everyone, they should've at least give some time for Bayonetta to, idk, enjoy her victory? Instead of hooking her up with Luka at the last possible minute. I think the romance would work better as a "wait and see" thing rather than a big damn kiss that takes the individual focus away from Cereza.

And agreed about Jeanne. She was so badass during the entire game only to be offed anti-climatically.

I guess until the next game comes out, I'll just pretend Cereza and Luka are still around as Viola's surrogate parents and Jeanne is her wine aunt/high school teacher due to multiverse shenanigans.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yeah, there's no way to perfectly execute what essentially the franchise switching its titular protagonist but if they really wanted to kill off everyone, they should've at least give some time for Bayonetta to, idk, enjoy her victory? Instead of hooking her up with Luka at the last possible minute. I think the romance would work better as a "wait and see" thing rather than a big damn kiss that takes the individual focus away from Cereza.

And agreed about Jeanne. She was so badass during the entire game only to be offed anti-climatically.

I guess until the next game comes out, I'll just pretend Cereza and Luka are still around as Viola's surrogate parents and Jeanne is her wine aunt/high school teacher due to multiverse shenanigans.
could’ve had Bayo say she loves Luka as well, but to not have him die with her. Gives her time to enjoy one last bit of happiness, and has him honoring her life moving forward. Also could’ve had her pass the name along right then and there instead of fighting a random bonus boss fight after a better final boss.

He could then continue to do his thing while being a mentor to Viola if the witches had to be dead no matter what (tho I guess that would give her a bit of a happy ending, which is probably a sin to all Spider-Verse like storylines). I really gotta stop comparing it to No Way Home, but at the same time it’s hard not to considering the events that occurred, minus Peter’s sacrifice making sense and developing him for the best (no offense Viola…but like…girl you can’t even dodge to witch time yet, kinda worried on how Bayonetta 4 would be with her as the main focus)

Last edited:
Top Bottom