• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Babe wake up Pokemon's fourth trans rep
Kind of surprised they didn't reveal them sooner considering how much effort was put into the trailer. VTubers aren't my thing, but I can see the marketing potential.

Also saw this art the other day and I'm surprised it wasn't posted here. lol

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I think the new gym leader is cute. I was hoping her hairclips were actually a new Magnemite form, though. They move and their eyes change expression like they’re alive…

Maybe they’ll reveal what her Pokémon is next week?

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Between the Piers scene in SwSh and this Iono trailer the lack of voice acting in the main games has never been more glaring.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh, using the news ints that new Gym Lieader gave us, I may have figured it out:

It's a frog. Soft and squishy, belly inflates to store xyz, slow and easygoing, and bump on the top of it's head are all frog like attributes

I'm gonna be hella wrong in the end
If true, then it’s about time. An electric frog would be a really hype concept.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Because they pumping out comics like "Son of Kal-el" which is just characters talking about their feelings for 10 issues.

That doesnt exactly put bread on the table.
it’s either that, reboot the comics again, or they decide to only make Batman related comics
Looks like they are also merging the staff of 2 of their primary animation studios for some reason

can’t allow Cartoon Network to make their own content alone anymore

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
That said, I wonder if time constraints are the reason why main series Pokemon doesn't have VA.

Because they're that's the only branch of Pokemon that doean't have it at all. Every other major spinoff they've pushed has it at this point.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
It's been noticed that, in the new Helluva Boss teaser, Blitz is missing the mark on his forehead.

Is something happening in the episode or is this an animation error?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Also not gonna lie, Cartoon Network (as we know it) being straight up Thanos snapped like that kinda stings. I grew up with that, there were so many bonding memories with my family watching Chowder or Tom and Jerry (and more), and it kinda sucks that the new gen won't be able to experience that cause of some tax write offs

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This Pokémon fan game has a feature where you can trade a Pokémon for something of equal value, and…

This man just trade me a phermosa for an ursaling, lmao.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
WBD put in they place

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Also at this point I'm gonna guess Ezra Miller has some dirt over Zaslav because ain't mo way you fire like hundreds of employees but the runaway convict keeps their job.

The Flash movie probably gonna flop too
Promotion for that is gonna be wild with how many questions get screened. And that's if they even let Miller do the press tour.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Yayyy

My dream of getting a show on Cartoon Network is dead

Yaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy
There also goes the dream for Nickelodeon vs. Cartoon Network.

But as if that ever would have happened anyways...Ha, ha, ha, ha...

Last edited:

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Oof, I heard the news about CNS...that sucks...

I never grew up with the channel (Disney was where I got most of my cartoon intake up until I found My Little Pony) but this channel gave a lot to us. Hell, we have it to thank for bringing Total Drama to the US, in addition to a smorgasbord of legendary shows of the 2010s.

Although my aim was to get my own cartoon on PBS Kids rather than CN, I can't deny CNS made a lot of careers and is responsible for a lot of the current cartoon zeitgeist, and I have to thank it a lot for helping to fuel my dream.

We're entering a new era of animation, folks. Strap in, and remember, always be excellent to each other.

Love y'all!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
CN had it's ups and downs, and I pretty much lost interest in watching the channel entirely once Steven Universe finished up, but it's still sad to see a network I grew up with that was home to so many of my favorites shows throughout the years see a sort of end.

I hope the channel gets to live on in some way.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
What is going on with Cartoon Network is a bummer but for the longest time I can't push myself to watch the channel anymore because all they pretty much play now is The Amazing World of Gumball and Teens Titans Go and I can't stand either of those shows.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
If it's any consolation about this Cartoon Network thing, People who work there have confirmed that the studio is not dead.

Last edited:
Top Bottom