• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Noipoi

Howdy!
Im personaly aginst doing this at all because i feel it will annoy people and getting a job shouldnt be like a game show but thats just me

I mean, its been 2 days. Am i giving up too early?
I don't think it'd be a huge bother to just call the one time, but you don't have to.

Edit: Two days?? You gotta give it some more time!

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Im personaly aginst doing this at all because i feel it will annoy people and getting a job shouldnt be like a game show but thats just me

If it was up to you how do you think job interviews (or getting a job) should be like?

Plus I'd wait a bit longer before calling up.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I hope the 3 characters announced for Multiversus today are the big 3 US characters.

Among Us

MorbiUS

The Magic School BUS
For one second, I thought you means "US" as in the USA and got really angry.

Would you believe me if I said I wasn't allowed to watch Space Jam 2.
How? I have a hard time imagining what could be objectable in that film, it's a kids' movie.

Dutch Raikuna

My dad is a detective and apparently Lebron said some stuff about cops so he didn't want me to watch it. I'M 16 LEMME SEE A BAD MOVIE, IT'D BE FUNNY. :4pacman:
Actor saying stuff annoys people...........

Man that is all why you can't watch it? I feel a bit sorry for ya even if the movie itself wasn't great.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
If it was up to you how do you think job interviews (or getting a job) should be like?

Plus I'd wait a bit longer before calling up.
Well, honestly, the interviewe shouldnt have to remind the the interviewer they exsist and the interviewer shouldnt leave the interviewe on read. But, like I said, maybe its my pessimism but it has only been 2 days. The thing was in the 20th.
Edit: Two days?? You gotta give it some more time!
Im pretty sure its my low self esteem. I just frrl the worst of everything is going to happen no matter what

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

If it's been a week, then you should probably e-mail someone, but two days shouldn't be anything to worry about. I'm not sure what job you're applying for, but it likely takes a bit to have all of the interviews, decide who to hire, etc.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I finally understand the Zelda timeline

It's actually a really cool lore detail, even if it's super duper irrelevant to the games themselves and you can play and enjoy them without any knowledge of that

Also the Fallen Hero timeline has no reason to exist don't @ me

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
If it's been a week, then you should probably e-mail someone, but two days shouldn't be anything to worry about. I'm not sure what job you're applying for, but it likely takes a bit to have all of the interviews, decide who to hire, etc.
Its at a Kennal but yeah, i figured i was just letting my anxity get to me but i just cave and let it happen and then i start doubting everything about me

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I hope with all these Capcom compilations they at some point consider making one for the Marvel Vs Capcom games.

It's actually a really cool lore detail, even if it's super duper irrelevant to the games themselves and you can play and enjoy them without any knowledge of that

The only one that was thought out was the Wind waker timeline. Since all three games tie in together and it's great.

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord

You figured it out just in time for BotW to kick it all into the sewers lol

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
My dad is a detective and apparently Lebron said some stuff about cops so he didn't want me to watch it. I'M 16 LEMME SEE A BAD MOVIE, IT'D BE FUNNY. :4pacman:
Damn, you're a teenager with online acess and you can't figure out a way to rebel against your parents to watch Lebron and Bugs?

Total shame.

But then again that was me with Deadpool except it was because it was rated R and not because LeBron was anti cop

osby

Smash Obsessed
But then again that was me with Deadpool except it was because it was rated R and not because LeBron was anti cop
Meanwhile, you have my mother, who routinely picked Tarantino movies for our family movie nights when my brother and I were 15.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
You figured it out just in time for BotW to kick it all into the sewers lol
Honestly I'm not at all fussed about that. Good worldbuilding doesn't have to have super complex background lore, and I think BotW 100% delivers on that front. Also they still reference the older games

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Parents come up with the weirdest **** for kids not to watch stuff. When I was young my Grandparents raised my cousin. Well he loves Disney Channel and Hannah Montan. Well, Miley did that topless magazine picture around that time and that was it for Hannah Montana. My cousin never got to watch it again. Don’t worry though the Rambo movies, Lord of the Rings, and Saw were all free game.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
As Christians normaly are
Ehhh, Bible thumper’s are annoying. I’m Christian but I wouldn’t say any my family is annoying aside from my aforementioned grandparents. Most of the outspoken Christian’s online are Bible Thumpers and they’re a relatively vocal minority.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Parents come up with the weirdest **** for kids not to watch stuff. When I was young my Grandparents raised my cousin. Well he loves Disney Channel and Hannah Montan. Well, Miley did that topless magazine picture around that time and that was it for Hannah Montana. My cousin never got to watch it again. Don’t worry though the Rambo movies, Lord of the Rings, and Saw were all free game.
Reminds me of how Rocko's Modern Life was off limits due to its adult content yet James Bond was okay for me to watch. You know, the same series with such character names like ***** Galore.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

My Christian biodad was like that when I was a kid but I was mostly into techy shows and all that so it didn't really effect me.
Still remember him getting pretty pissy as me some years back when I showing him a game and he was like "you shouldn't be playing some of this stuff as you could risk offend the Lord".

Yes.............my Christian biodad who would spout outright racist **** when he favourite soccer team loses saying to me this? He wonders why I've disowned him for years.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Most of my interactions with Christians come from the internet, and what I see doesn't exactly paint a great picture of them. And that is without talking about the religion's history, yikes

Noipoi

Howdy!
I know a thing or two about cultish, religious upbringings.

Couldn't watch SpongeBob cuz he was stupid and gay (Watched it anyway lol) couldn't watch MLP cuz it'd make me gay (And yet I am still heterosexual, hmmm).

In hindsight, it's weird how much of my TV restrictions weren't based on sexual content or violence, but homophobic ideas. Weird.

I'm so glad my mom has come to her senses recently, holy ****.

Top Bottom