• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It's not really that simple to me. Stuff like Mando s3 and Rise of Skywalker really left a bad taste in my mouth and the fact that they don't seem to be slowing their output down at all and fumble stuff like Ahsoka just makes me look at the IP as a whole with disgust
I get that, it's why I prefer the pick and choose mentality over watching everything.

Also one of my partners has similar speech patterns to the Clone Wars Droids and we've been losing it since I pointed it out

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I seen Minecraft discourse pop up time to time about if it's correct play with keep inventory, and now that I think about it, I do not like Minecraft's death system. The idea of losing every item doesn't bother me, it's more so that it's on a timer, can despawn if your not fast enough, enemies can equip it, and that all your items just explode everywhere so some can just burn in lava, fall off a cliff, or just be inaccesible for whatever reason.

Idk I think it's overkill that only gets worse with game updates that add more complex items.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I seen Minecraft discourse pop up time to time about if it's correct play with keep inventory, and now that I think about it, I do not like Minecraft's death system. The idea of losing every item doesn't bother me, it's more so that it's on a timer, can despawn if your not fast enough, enemies can equip it, and that all your items just explode everywhere so some can just burn in lava, fall off a cliff, or just be inaccesible for whatever reason.

Idk I think it's overkill that only gets worse with game updates that add more complex items.
Why don’t you just turn on the setting that keeps your inventory after death?

edit: im illiterate bro I swear

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

I like the mod that puts all your items in a grave that you have to dig up, and if you have a radar mod it adds a marker for your grave. Feels like a good in-between even though you still have the issue of your grave being in lava.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I like the mod that puts all your items in a grave that you have to dig up, and if you have a radar mod it adds a marker for your grave. Feels like a good in-between even though you still have the issue of your grave being in lava.
Yeah I seen those grave mods recently and I'm gonna download one soon.

And Mojang knows it's a good idea as well since they paywalled that feature on their marketplace.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
New idea for a hypothetical smash game! It’s one character per company including Nintendo. And the people building this hypothetical roster need to vote on and decide which one. How big of a roster can we get!

Is this a good idea? Should I make this one of those “build a roster” game threads?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Finished Mob Psycho 100 last night.

Gotta say it was pretty damn good. 9/10 of not 10/10 for sure.

One of my favorite anime’s now and definitely going near the top of the list. Some of the best supporting cast and just genuinely fun characters all around. With a solid story that has some pretty powerful moments and messages.

This anime definitely didn’t deserve to be slept on.

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
New idea for a hypothetical smash game! It’s one character per company including Nintendo. And the people building this hypothetical roster need to vote on and decide which one. How big of a roster can we get!

Is this a good idea? Should I make this one of those “build a roster” game threads?
Can I post that in the Next Smash thread? Please?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

This one is interesting, I'll get back to you on this one

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Already revisited the first Deadpool on Tuesday. Watching the second tonight.

All in all, I liked the first one but didn't love it, it was still a fun film though. See how the second holds up again whether as good or even better. It's been years since I seen it along with the first until Tuesday.

Getting myself ready for Deadpool & Wolverine.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So I just decided to get into Magic the Gathering. I'm playing the computer version, mainly to learn how.

I'm having fun. I think I might be a red + black player who does a lot of creature spam but we'll see how my playstyle turns out.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
View attachment 392818
also Peach and Daisy poses in Strikers have gained popularity on Twitter for special reasons
I hope we'll be seeing Rosalina in this one but then again that might be a bit early and feels more like what we'll see in a third film.

If I had to guess Wario will be in. Probably a rival of Mario's and Luigi's, ends up in the Mushroom Kingdom like them and ends up freeing Bowser and teaming up.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Where’d you find this?
it’s something that IMAX is using to promote the movie (don’t think it’s official but may as well play it safe)

Edit: confirmed unofficial…and that IMAX is using multiple logos for different movies
IMG_3825.jpeg

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
So far, I think my favorite parts of Pikmin 4 are the new areas, new enemies, Oatchi, and cave exploring. I missed exploring caves even more than I realized. The new types of caves are a breath of fresh air, are fun to explore, the lack of a time limit offers a nice break from the surface, the new mechanics introduced in the caves that I've discovered are fun so far, and the return and enhancements of some old level layouts and themes and asethetics from Pikmin 2 are a major blast from the past.

Pikmin 2's caves were a major feature, and while Pikmin 3's gameplay worked better without it (the larger areas, amount of extremely strong surface level bosses, and time limit based on your food supply probably made it for the best that caves didn't return) seeing them return in Pikmin 4 all new and improved is more than welcome return of one the series' best additions. Gameplay-wise, the game is as fun as it's predecessors. Task management and strategy are emphasized even more here, the new Pikmin are great, and it's fun trying to get as many tasks done as possible within the span of a day.

I'm fine with there being an early limit on how many Pikmin you can have on the surface since this presents more challenge to the strategies you can employ and upgrades can allow you to gradually return to having 100 Pikmin on the surface again, but the decision to limit the player to having only three types of Pikmin on the surface not only isn't consistent with any of the previous games, but feels entirely like fake difficulty and the in-universe explanation being that the Pikmin and Onions evolved to prevent it as a means to avoid extinction makes little sense and just comes off as the developers struggling to justify the change.

Also, the decision to never have enemies respawn on the surface still makes no sense. I'm unironically hoping that some of the DLC includes an update or option to have them respawn after two or three days like in the previous games.

I haven't come close to beating the game yet as a lot of other games on my backlog have taken priority until recently, but while I have a few nitpicks, the game is a lot of a fun so far and is as worthy of an addition to the series as the previous mainline games are. So far, at least, I can say that Pikmin 4 was well worth the wait.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
honestly I have no idea, but it sucks that we got game developers wanting to use it
Yeah, I can't find it now but I do remember that there was disappointing news about Sag-Aftra approving usage of AI in games like shortly after they got a new contract with movie studios.

Maybe I'm misremembering.

Also here's the list for those curious
1721937671994.png

Update 2: I found it
1721937991432.png

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Rare Netflix W
They donated 7 mil to Kamala Harris
From Korra to Kamala, Netflix loves women with melanin
No more video games.

Touch Grass
Nintendo locking the doors to not allow grass
Yeah, I can't find it now but I do remember that there was disappointing news about Sag-Aftra approving usage of AI in games like shortly after they got a new contract with movie studios.

Maybe I'm misremembering.

Also here's the list for those curious
View attachment 392829
this I believe (got it from someone on discord)
image.png

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Oh dang Nintendo straight up stripped the racist Splatoon team from their win and removed the banner.

Ya get what ya deserve 🤷🏾‍♂️
Never thought I’d hear “racist Splatoon team” as a term but I always find myself surprised with how bad Nintendo gamers can truly be.

Like, what was racist about them? Usernames? Paint color choice? :nifty:

Top Bottom