• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Sticky Business

• Antonblast

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Valley Peaks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Helder Pinto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TMNT Splintered Fate

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Cat Quest 3

• stitch

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

• None

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
Been playing Pikmin 4 and I'm heartbroken to say that I find it kind of mid so far

There's barely any enemies on the map and the sense of urgency from 1 and 3 just isn't there. This game is too cozy
Yeah, about that... The enemies on the surface also never respawn. So if you kill everything the place is just devoid of life for the rest of the playthrough.

I honestly found it more fun to just leave most enemies alive and distract them when carrying treasure through the area.

It also helps the music not be aggressively minimalistic, because more instrumentation is added when near an enemy and/or doing work.

Also, here's something I think you should do because it improves the experience.
No story spoilers but I'm hiding it anyway in case you don't want to know:
You should rush the main campaign of rescuing Olimar and play the bonus mode that gets unlocked once you do so.
Both of these things grant you special abilities that are borderline useless if you save Olimar for last.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
And he still talks about the GBA Fire Emblem.

Someone get this kid a Switch.
It could be any FE game, not just the one that was just called Fire Emblem. People who say they play Street Fighter don't necessarily mean they play the one where you can only play as Ryu and Ken.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I need irl friendship advice, and like it or not you bozos are my only other friends.
Ok. So I have a friend who’s pressuring me into buying Helldivers 2. I don’t think the game looks all that interesting and I’m not really comfortable with how the characters talk and how people just go around repeating the intentionally facist slogans from the game as “memes”. I know it’s satire, she knows it’s satire, and I know she’s just being silly. But it doesn’t stop me from feeling uncomfortable. And she’s insisting that I both play helldivers 2 and watch starship troopers because “they’re really good and she thinks I’d like them” despite the fact that I’ve expressed a desire not to engage with said media. And she keeps demanding I explain why and every time I do she says that I’m not giving her anything that’s based on anything rational and I should just spend $40 on a game I don’t think I’ll even like just to play it with her. I don’t think the reason why should matter. I think that if a friend says they don’t want to try something another friend should force them into trying it. No matter the reason why on either side.
TLDR should friends force each other out of their comfort zones or not?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
While the Brawl mod REX will have all of the content from PMEX Remix, it's been said by the team that REX will be "very different" from PMEX Remix.

I'll make a backup of the latest build of PMEX Remix just in case of anything.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I need irl friendship advice, and like it or not you bozos are my only other friends.
Ok. So I have a friend who’s pressuring me into buying Helldivers 2. I don’t think the game looks all that interesting and I’m not really comfortable with how the characters talk and how people just go around repeating the intentionally facist slogans from the game as “memes”. I know it’s satire, she knows it’s satire, and I know she’s just being silly. But it doesn’t stop me from feeling uncomfortable. And she’s insisting that I both play helldivers 2 and watch starship troopers because “they’re really good and she thinks I’d like them” despite the fact that I’ve expressed a desire not to engage with said media. And she keeps demanding I explain why and every time I do she says that I’m not giving her anything that’s based on anything rational and I should just spend $40 on a game I don’t think I’ll even like just to play it with her. I don’t think the reason why should matter. I think that if a friend says they don’t want to try something another friend should force them into trying it. No matter the reason why on either side.
Hey remember when I said this?
It's not fun hanging around with anyone who'll get so venomous at the audacity to not have your identical taste
I said this cause someone who refuses to at least try something are the most frustrating people to me. For the game, it's very fair to not want to drop that cash for something you aren't sure on, like, you're not at fault there, it'd be a hell of a lot more reasonable if it was idk, half off.

That being said watch Starship Troopers, it's a phenomenal movie with incredibly biting satire from a man who literally compares the US military to nazis in the movie you are doing yourself a disservice by not watching that, especially if your friend can host a watch party through discord or something

Noipoi

Howdy!
I don’t like it, actually.

Tell her to stop being so demanding about you not wanting to watch one (1) movie and play one (1) video game, and tell her to stop demanding an explanation. You don’t want to and that’s it.

Ask her why she cares so much when you both can just watch other things. Really make her feel like the stupid one for insisting upon it so much. She’ll probably still bring it up a few times, but if you don’t budge she should drop it soon enough. If she really respects you, that is.

Now Starship Troopers is a radical movie and you probably should watch it, but that’s your own choice make I suppose.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
The amount of people ive seen mad a PAPER MARIO game is 30 fps is baffling to me
Eh, considering how they went overboard with how it looks to the point even the ****ing grass shows your reflection, I get why people would rather have a solid 60 instead. I'm curious about this remake tbh as I never played the original but at the same time, I don't really want to pay 60 euros for a 20 year old game I probably won't like

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I hate to break it to you bro that might not be a flu but COVID
COVID test negative, flu test positive.

I don’t get it either, but that’s what showed up at the docs office. It’s better than the time I was hospitalized in 2020 to get told I had an “unknown respiratory virus”. I just need these antibiotics to carry me for the next couple of days.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Why the **** even call it Knuckles then!?
COVID test negative, flu test positive.

I don’t get it either, but that’s what showed up at the docs office. It’s better than the time I was hospitalized in 2020 to get told I had an “unknown respiratory virus”. I just need these antibiotics to carry me for the next couple of days.
How you feeling right now man? Hope you're ok.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Looking into the upcoming Capcom delistings more, I’m gonna assume Capcom doesn’t want to deal with SecuROM anymore and are delisting because of it.

Bonus: Dark Void Zero, because of the DRM, has a total of 5 installations. Uninstalling then reinstalling counts as 1.

Edit: Should also add two of the titles (Dark Void and Flock) have physical releases (Flock is in a collection with other Capcom Xbox Live Arcade titles).

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Why the **** even call it Knuckles then!?
Knuckles is in his show for just under half the runtime which is not only completely normal for a TV show, but outright impressive with a CG character.
Andor is in his own show for almost a quarter of the total runtime.

Top Bottom