• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Makes you wonder who else will join the “we canon” list (maybe we’ll get someone like Cooler or Baby to join the squad). And yeah the more Gohan the better. Piccolo was amazing as usual, but getting to see Gohan more is always satisfyingly hype
When Freeza learned about fusion at the end of the Broly movie, I figured we'd get Cooler (and a Freeza-Cooler fusion) in the next movie, but I'm happy with what we got - Piccolo was my favourite DBZ character, and Gohan's felt really poorly-used in recent years, so it's great to see them getting the spotlight.

They did! It was something you'd miss if you looked away for 5 seconds but they did that

EDIT: Whoops that was exactly what you were replying to
Yeah, her human self got a reference in Dr. Gero's family tree; I was thinking more along the lines of her showing up as an android in the present day. Still, the surprise villain that we did get (kaiju!Cell) was a nice inclusion, and I'm glad that they went in a different direction than straight-up resurrecting the character, along with that character not having the original's healing abilities to make it so it was a very different fight rather than a repeat of what happened in the series.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Right all quiet on this front but don't worry, your man from the Irelands is here with a funny thing.

Choose any movie death (preferably thrown out, trap door, getting hit) etc and put in this sound effect:

I'm a morbid ******* at times.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Huh, we're getting Scarlet/Violet news sooner than I was expecting.
But I'll take it!
Okay I bet people in pokemon fandom (ew) have already guessed this but it just occured to me that this is probably a tease for a new Smeargle form.

I wonder if the new colors are meant to hint at its new type somehow.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Okay I bet people in pokemon fandom (ew) have already guessed this but it just occured to me that this is probably a tease for a new Smeargle form.

I wonder if the new colors are meant to hint at its new type somehow.
Please no. I can't handle some absolute mayhem like Prankster Dark Smeargle

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Right all quiet on this front but don't worry, your man from the Irelands is here with a funny thing.

Choose any movie death (preferably thrown out, trap door, getting hit) etc and put in this sound effect:

I'm a morbid ******* at times.
Frollo's death works pretty aight with this

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
MIYAMOTO SNEEZED IT’S HAPPENING ARTWSTRDSYRDXRATESXY METROID PRIME 4 BOTW2 DONKEY KONG MARIO ODYSSEY 2 PIKMIN 4 ALL TOMORROW LET’S GOOOOPJ;ORDXTREDYTRYTDC :070::070::070::070::070::068::068::068::068::138::138::140::140:
Suprised they haven't done it for Sakurai's videos yet.

SKAKRUAI POSTED SPACE INVADERS

Analyses 10 random clues

SMASH BROS X FAST AND FURIOUS X DEMON SLAYER! WALUGI IS IN EVERYTHING!

Noipoi

Howdy!
The only direct we're getting is a dedicated DK direct.

Revealing HD remasters of the original SNES trilogy and 64, a clip of Seth Rogen in the Mario movie, a full album with every song from the cartoon, and a sneak peek at the new 3D game coming late 2023. Donkey Kong Country: K Rool's Kremling Komeback.

See you September 17th :4dk:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

Revealing HD remasters of the original SNES trilogy and 64, a clip of Seth Rogen in the Mario movie, a full album with every song from the cartoon, and a sneak peek at the new 3D game coming late 2023. Donkey Kong Country: K Rool's Kremling Komeback.

you are getting a funny sticker on a walmart banana and you are gonna like it

and then DK64 HD

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

That takes me back to a certain announcement from nearly a decade ago.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
When Freeza learned about fusion at the end of the Broly movie, I figured we'd get Cooler (and a Freeza-Cooler fusion) in the next movie, but I'm happy with what we got - Piccolo was my favourite DBZ character, and Gohan's felt really poorly-used in recent years, so it's great to see them getting the spotlight.

Yeah, her human self got a reference in Dr. Gero's family tree; I was thinking more along the lines of her showing up as an android in the present day. Still, the surprise villain that we did get (kaiju!Cell) was a nice inclusion, and I'm glad that they went in a different direction than straight-up resurrecting the character, along with that character not having the original's healing abilities to make it so it was a very different fight rather than a repeat of what happened in the series.
A fusion between those 2 would be awesome, and when Cell Max was first namedropped I lost my mind, since I was all like “man it would be awdome to see Cell return in any form” then he did…very satisfying

…also we need to see the canon debut of Tiencha
That takes me back to a certain announcement from nearly a decade ago.

HOLY **** WE’RE GETTING A DKC SERIES REVIVAL LETS ****ING GOOOOOO

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
and now I’m finding out about Jelfonzo’s shirt saying “**** you” in squid language…and that Pearl made a song dedicated to saying ****…what is going on with Splatoon and Twitter

Top Bottom