• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of today's double Direct feature

• Balatro: Friends of Jimbo update

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Neva

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Coffee Talk Tokyo

• Powerwash Simulator Shrek DLC

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Date Everything!

• Pizza Tower

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • Other (Indie World)

• Tetris Forever + NES Tetris on NSO + Tetris 99 Cup

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • The Legend of Heroes Trial in the Sky the 1st

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Spongebob Squarepants: The Patrick Star Game

• Fitness Boxing 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Capcom Fighting Collection 2

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • Atelier Yumia: The Alchemist of Memories & The Envisioned Land

• Castlevania Dominus Collection

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • MySims Cozy Bundle

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Rune Factory: Guardians of Azuma

• Yakuza Kiwami

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Other (Partner Showcase)

• Nothing in Either

• The Sonic 3 Trailer

Votes: 15 50.0%

• Total voters

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
not Marvel having their street heroes (Spider-Men, Spider-Woman, Luke Cage, Daredevil (Elektra), She-Hulk, Cloak & Dagger) fight a ridiculously large gang war while their mutants deal with a purge attempt...while the Avengers sit back and do nothing for either world shaking situations

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
We’re also getting Amy at least.
Amy and Rouge are introduced as GUN Agents, Amy betrays GUN and Rouge hooks up with Shadow. Eggman and Stone show up with either Gamma or Omega, possibly one that gets rebuilt into the other after a fight. And it's mostly the plot of SA2 mixed with some elements of SA1, replacing the Biolizard with Chaos. Big the Cat is a cameo comedic element.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
So I went to go see Wish on a whim. It was…cute, and pretty and I’d take it over the all the garbage live action remakes but…yeah it’s definitely lackluster, especially as a anniversary celebration of the studio and I can definitely see where others are coming from in regards to it feeling hollow and riddled with corporate influence from all the meta references. It definitely feels like a first draft script which feels off because I read up on the original concept for the movie and I feel like that had a ton more potential. I wish the execs put more faith into the original version of this movie. I’d give it a 5/10, wait to see it on Disney+ if you wanna see it for yourselves though I will say **** in Boots: The Last Wish did everything this movie did but better.

One of my biggest disappointments was that I thought Once Upon a Studio was supposed to play before the movie! It just went straight to the movie for me. Kinda bummed since I wanted to see that short on the big screen.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Am I the only one thinking they're gonna have the real villain be Metal Sonic?

With the twist reveals it's actually Doctor Robotik who after his defeat in Sonic 2, he transferred his essence into the metal being he created at a whim. That would explain why GUN was unable to find his body.

Seeing a pattern here suddenly. Lol.

General Zod > Doomsday

King Ghidorah > Mechagodzilla

Doctor Robotik > Metal Sonic

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I wonder how Disney will try to recover from their deemed 2023 failures moving forward

hopefully without AI usage

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Am I the only one thinking they're gonna have the real villain be Metal Sonic?

With the twist reveals it's actually Doctor Robotik who after his defeat in Sonic 2, he transferred his essence into the metal being he created at a whim. That would explain why GUN was unable to find his body.

Seeing a pattern here suddenly. Lol.

General Zod > Doomsday

King Ghidorah > Mechagodzilla

Doctor Robotik > Metal Sonic
That would be fitting. But I really want an on screen adaptation of Chaos so maybe that can be the true true final villain?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Can't wait to see Tom and Maddie have a newborn daughter that they name Maria, named after Tom's grandmother Maria herself, the one who befriended Shadow.

Sonic, Tails and Knuckles being the protective big brothers protect her with all their lives.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'll say this much about Wish. I haven't seen the film, it doesn't honestly sound that great so far and the previews already had me questioning how good it'd be...but this song, as unconventional as it is for a villain song, is unironically a banger.

(This guy was marketed from a villain from the get-go instead of being another twist villain, so this song itself isn't really much of a spoiler.)

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Can't wait to see Tom and Maddie have a newborn daughter that they name Maria, named after Tom's grandmother Maria herself, the one who befriended Shadow.

Sonic, Tails and Knuckles being the protective big brothers protect her with all their lives.
No Mike, if it wasn't funny the first time, it's not gonna be funny the 37474855940th time either.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
GameFreak in 1999 realizing that they completely forgot to make a legendary for Pokemon Silver (the game ships the next day)
Lugia was saved from being a movie exclusive but MechaMew2 wasn't saved from being a musical exclusive?

1701312574847.png

Blasphemy!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So it was alright for Godzilla/Kong to have those "Save Mothra" memes but we can't have this happening for Sonic/Shadow and Maria being the potential next "Save Martha"?

Just saying...It really rhymes.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So it was alright for Godzilla/Kong to have those "Save Mothra" memes but we can't have this happening for Sonic/Shadow and Maria being the potential next "Save Martha"?

Just saying...It really rhymes.
You only have like five jokes and we’re tired of all of them. And your movie critiques are almost always bad faith and full of trash opinions.
It's not, because that particular bit of writing from Batman v Superman has been rightfully mocked to death and no one in Hollywood probably wants to repeat that.
I still like it in concept, but the execution was horrible. I do like the idea that this name, and it also being the name of his mother, brings Batman down out of his rage and makes him realize the “unstoppable dangerous alien” is just as much of a person as he is. It’s a good idea. They just executed it very poorly.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I didn't say anything about Godzilla vs Kong. I don't ****ing care about Kaiju movies, I wasn't involved in the hype for that movie and I know nothing about it. If I were a fan of Kaiju I probably still wouldn't find it funny especially for the bajilionth time.

Also this is minor but I don't understand how it fits? Like Bvs and GvK were both crossover event films, and Sonic 3 isn't that. It doesn't even have a variant of vs in the title. If it were, say, Sonic vs Mario, I would probably roll my eyes a bit less - not that I wouldn't still roll my eyes.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Sonic thrives on its huge cast of characters. I want at least one film that celebrates that.
I don’t know if the writers will be able to work in a ton of characters and make them feel like natural additions. I wouldn’t want the film to feel overbloated and have a good chunk of that cast feel like dead weight. That’s what the human characters aside from the villains are for

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I still like it in concept, but the execution was horrible. I do like the idea that this name, and it also being the name of his mother, brings Batman down out of his rage and makes him realize the “unstoppable dangerous alien” is just as much of a person as he is. It’s a good idea. They just executed it very poorly.
This is pretty much my take on it.

The thing that really felt awkward was Batman questioning and yelling "WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME?!" as if there aren't other people out there named Martha.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Sonic thrives on its huge cast of characters. I want at least one film that celebrates that.
Yeah but like, not just yet. We just barely got Tails and Knuckles.

Dumping 15 more characters into the film at once is a good way to make things messy real quick. We need to ease everyone in. There will be more Paramount Sonic content, no need to rush.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
one day we will go a month without Michael being the main antagonist of this thread

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I wanna see the Deadly Six my beloveds

Also, how's everyone's Spotify Wrapped looking? Mine came in and it looks like this
View attachment 381169
View attachment 381170
This marks two years that Boys Like Girls has ruled my life
I don't use spotify but if I did my top artist would be Yoko Shimomura (I listened to all the KH soundtracks a lot).

My top non VGM artist would be Tyler the Creator.

Top Bottom