• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of today's double Direct feature

• Balatro: Friends of Jimbo update

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Neva

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Coffee Talk Tokyo

• Powerwash Simulator Shrek DLC

• Date Everything!

• Pizza Tower

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Other (Indie World)

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Tetris Forever + NES Tetris on NSO + Tetris 99 Cup

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • The Legend of Heroes Trial in the Sky the 1st

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Spongebob Squarepants: The Patrick Star Game

• Fitness Boxing 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Capcom Fighting Collection 2

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Atelier Yumia: The Alchemist of Memories & The Envisioned Land

• Castlevania Dominus Collection

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • MySims Cozy Bundle

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Rune Factory: Guardians of Azuma

• Yakuza Kiwami

• Other (Partner Showcase)

• Nothing in Either

• The Sonic 3 Trailer

Votes: 15 55.6%

• Total voters

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Have you seen the latest Pokémon leaks? It wild that they haven’t been caught yet but they leaked several new evolutions and forms.

So a quick recap:

There’s cross Gen evolutions and one regional evolution.

Regionals

and regional fakes which seem to be a new Pokémon mimicking another, like how animals in real life will defend themselves with tactics similar. Like the caterpillar that makes Itself look like a snake.

Anyway there’s apparently only two regional forms:

Tauros( no evolution)

Wooper( new evolution instead of quagsire)

Cross Gen Evos:

Girafarig

Dunsparce

Murkrow has a new evolution instead of honchkrow

Primeape

Pawniard has a new evolution instead of Bisharp

-around 140 new pokemon

Regional fakes:

Still only Amongus and Jigglypuff so far.

Implied there’s something like future forms though.
How can there be all that and no Eeveelution?
/SPOILER]

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Might I introduce you to Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze?
Not what I mean. Diddy, Dixie, and Cranky are really just Powerups there. I’m talking about full character swapping like the classic trilogy and unique ability combos like Sonic Advance 3. With the ability to say, pair up Lanky and Donkey Kong for a unique effect.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
~140 new mons? Hard to believe we could very well go beyond triple digits in the National Dex.
It includes things like the new 'future' forms and the like, so it's probably more accurate to say there will be ~140 new designs rather than new Pokemon.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Not what I mean. Diddy, Dixie, and Cranky are really just Powerups there. I’m talking about full character swapping like the classic trilogy and unique ability combos like Sonic Advance 3. With the ability to say, pair up Lanky and Donkey Kong for a unique effect.
Oh, aight.

The way I see it, Tropical Freeze was such a crazy good 2D platformer that it’d be incredibly tough to top it. So don’t try to top it.

Try something different! Take DK to the third dimension, but do it good this time. Kirby and Mario 3D World have shown that linear 3D platformers can be radical.

But I know you hate the Z-axis, so the idea already has you shriveling up like a grape in the sun.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Oh, aight.

The way I see it, Tropical Freeze was such a crazy good 2D platformer that it’d be incredibly tough to top it. So don’t try to top it.

Try something different! Take DK to the third dimension, but do it good this time. Kirby and Mario 3D World have shown that linear 3D platformers can be radical.

But I know you hate the Z-axis, so the idea already has you shriveling up like a grape in the sun.
I don't hate the Z-axis. I'm trying to MAKE a 3D platformer right now! I just don't think Kirby and the Forgotten Land was a very good attempt is all.

And like... I don't care if they top it or not, as long as it's still level with Tropical Freeze and has things about it that it didn't have, like the evolved Kong pairing system i described. I've just been hopping for DK to get a full modern trilogy for a while now before he just goes hopping into the third dimension.

Don't get me wrong, I would love it if a 3D DK was more linear, thoug I would want to compare it more to 3D World then Forgotten Land because I still don't think that game is very fun but whatever. I just want him to get a new 2D game first. Or at the very least a promise that more 2D games will come in the future, unlike Kirby, and that we sadly seem to have lost from Mario.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I mean I keep playing for like 4 to five levels then dropping it for months because i'm not having fun.
It’s some of the most fun I’ve had with a platformer. Period. Only topped by the legends, like Odyssey, Tropical Freeze, or the better Sonic’s.

We disagree. Therefore we must fight to determine who is objectively correct.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
How can there be all that and no Eeveelution?
/SPOILER]
Honestly this is my
It includes things like the new 'future' forms and the like, so it's probably more accurate to say there will be ~140 new designs rather than new Pokemon.
well yes and no…

these regional fakes apparently take up actual dex numbers despite looking like other Pokémon. Which I guess makes sense because they aren’t that Pokémon.

Top Bottom