• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of today's double Direct feature

• Balatro: Friends of Jimbo update

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Neva

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Coffee Talk Tokyo

• Powerwash Simulator Shrek DLC

• Date Everything!

• Pizza Tower

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Other (Indie World)

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Tetris Forever + NES Tetris on NSO + Tetris 99 Cup

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • The Legend of Heroes Trial in the Sky the 1st

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Spongebob Squarepants: The Patrick Star Game

• Fitness Boxing 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Capcom Fighting Collection 2

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Atelier Yumia: The Alchemist of Memories & The Envisioned Land

• Castlevania Dominus Collection

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • MySims Cozy Bundle

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Rune Factory: Guardians of Azuma

• Yakuza Kiwami

• Other (Partner Showcase)

• Nothing in Either

• The Sonic 3 Trailer

Votes: 15 55.6%

• Total voters

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I'm aware

I read her post wrong sadly, but the joke remains there
Put's my game development plants on hold
I wonder what this means for the engine itself. Looks like it might be time for devs to start really looking at Godot.

...Well, I mean, Unreal will probably just cannibalize everything because my word they are really doing fantastic things with that engine, but if you want open source? Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh Godot.

MooMew64

I was just about to look into Unity for my scrimblo 2D platformer. What's going on with it?
What TheMightyP TheMightyP said.

This article will give some more details. It's where I heard about it.

Y'all might wanna look at something like Godot, Game Maker, Unreal, or one of the RPG Maker company's stuff for premade engines rn.

EDIT: They also fired a whooooole lotta people recently.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I only just recently heard about it myself and NGL I'm intrigued. Definitely heard great things from indie devs about it, and Sonic Colors Ultimate used it, funnily enough.
I mean I'm not a huge fan of Unity, but that's what my college works with but Unity has done a lot of stupid **** with their monetization and crap. And also it's easier than Unreal.

**** Unreal.

MooMew64

I mean I'm not a huge fan of Unity, but that's what my college works with but Unity has done a lot of stupid **** with their monetization and crap. And also it's easier than Unreal.

**** Unreal.
My project I'm conceptualizing atm is gonna be RPG Maker MV based, so this doesn't affect me but uh

Yeah RIP to any devs who rely on Unity

Sonic fangames in shambles rn

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
My project I'm conceptualizing atm is gonna be RPG Maker MV based, so this doesn't affect me but uh

Yeah RIP to any devs who rely on Unity

Sonic fangames in shambles rn
Unity just made things easier which was super good for Indie Devs or studiers of game dev (such as myself), but if Godot takes off then well...

The one thing that holds Godot back is the fact that it's new therefore not Industry standard so that sucks

MooMew64

Unity just made things easier which was super good for Indie Devs or studiers of game dev (such as myself), but if Godot takes off then well...

The one thing that holds Godot back is the fact that it's new therefore not Industry standard so that sucks
On the bright side, if Unity implodes, that's gonna cause a mass exodus from Unity to Godot and bump up usage rate and documentation.

Kinda like what happened with StreamLabs and OBS.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
On the bright side, if Unity implodes, that's gonna cause a mass exodus from Unity to Godot and bump up usage rate and documentation.

Kinda like what happened with StreamLabs and OBS.
If Unity implodes then Epic Games will take over and Unreal would be everywhere.

Which I honest to God hope doesn't happen. Unreal is NOT friendly at all to newbies and indie devs

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

MooMew64

If Unity implodes then Epic Games will take over and Unreal would be everywhere.

Which I honest to God hope doesn't happen. Unreal is NOT friendly at all to newbies and indie devs
This news definitely killed my hype for the new RPG Maker.

I'll still keep an eye on it, maybe it'll still be good, but man, looks like I'll just have to move to MZ at some point.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
This news definitely killed my hype for the new RPG Maker.

I'll still keep an eye on it, maybe it'll still be good, but man, looks like I'll just have to move to MZ at some point.
It sucks for me cause I been using Unity for a couple of years and I might have to start over.

Now thankfully it's not complex but still

MooMew64

It sucks for me cause I been using Unity for a couple of years and I might have to start over.

Now thankfully it's not complex but still
It's a really sucky situation that puts a lotta people in a bad spot. Hope Godot can maybe climb the ranks to help offset.

Last edited:
Top Bottom