• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I mean trusting a PC port of a Sony exclusive is a risky gamble
True, but expecting GT to be one of those Sony games that gets a PC port is an even riskier one. At least the only company they have to pay licenses to for Spidey is Disney, as opposed to GT dealing with every car manufacturer ever.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
As much as I want wonder, I have to have enough money for my hair appointment which mean... i probably have to skip it for a while unless I pull the trigger, buy mario and deal with the cost of my hair appointment later

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Huh, that seems like a weird choice but then again comics are their own beasts so.
Iirc the team was a scrapped Heroes concept, my guess is that one of the writers wanted to bring one of them and remembered that detail and thought it would be fun. One of the other scrapped team ideas was Metal Sonic, Mighty and Ray but that's not nearly as interesting as Fang and a Sega character Sonic-fied like Bean was. Poor Bark though lmao

StormC

Smash Hero
Tbh I think Mario Wonder is gonna be my last video game purchase of the year. It's also hitting me that as the years go by I'm buying less and less games in favor for saving it up instead (this year, I only bought Zelda and SV DLC so far).

Adult life I guess.
There's too many games to play and too many sales for me to justify buying all of these 60-70 dollar games day 1. I have no problem waiting to play stuff when it goes super cheap or when my schedule clears up.

Day 1 on Mario Wonder though. Used my voucher and loaded it on my Switch. Can't wait for tomorrow night.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
us Spider-Man fans deserve to have gotten something good out of Marvel after how much hell we’ve gone through in 2022

Spider-Verse, Insomniac, and the upcoming new Ultimate universe content for the Web-Head has blessed us this year…and helps us ignore Zeb Wells and his cursed TASM writing

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Tbh I think Mario Wonder is gonna be my last video game purchase of the year. It's also hitting me that as the years go by I'm buying less and less games in favor for saving it up instead (this year, I only bought Zelda and SV DLC so far).

Adult life I guess.
There's too many games to play and too many sales for me to justify buying all of these 60-70 dollar games day 1. I have no problem waiting to play stuff when it goes super cheap or when my schedule clears up.

Day 1 on Mario Wonder though. Used my voucher and loaded it on my Switch. Can't wait for tomorrow night.
All I know is if I bother getting any if not all of these major releases coming out soon (or NASB2) I'll quickly go back to playing TF2 soon.

Hype from new games is temporary. War themed hat simulators are eternal.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Doesn't help that a lot of these $60+ games aren't $60+ worth of fun. Despite what a lot of people want to say, that's where the reviews, impressions, and early playthroughs come in clutch, it helps me (and many others) make that decision.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Doesn't help that a lot of these $60+ games aren't $60+ worth of fun. Despite what a lot of people want to say, that's where the reviews, impressions, and early playthroughs come in clutch, it helps me (and many others) make that decision.
The reviews alone are pushing me to buy mario wonder, ngl

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
So, I'm about eight zones into Sonic Superstars right now.

Game's good. Not great, but a solid addition to the Classic series that I'd say is on par with the first game and Sonic CD. The bosses were a bit of a drag at first but they honestly become pretty fun once Emerald powers are thrown into the mix. The music being so inconsistent bothers me a bit, though, although I will say that Jun's compositions aren't anywhere near as annoying as they were in Sonic 4.

But yeah, I'm enjoying it a lot so far.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Game's good. Not great, but a solid addition to the Classic series that I'd say is on par with the first game and Sonic CD. The bosses were a bit of a drag at first but they honestly become pretty fun once Emerald powers are thrown into the mix. The music being so inconsistent bothers me a bit, though, although I will say that Jun's compositions aren't anywhere near as annoying as they were in Sonic 4.

You are either going to love or hate the final boss.

I fall firmly into the camp of sheer loathing.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Adult life I guess.
I still will be buying Mario rpg after spidey and wonder. But I’ve been slowing down too.

I have a pretty decent backlog on switch that I want to get through first. Still got to finish live a live and advance wars, and then there’s a bunch of games I didn’t get to start yet.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

I did 3 playthroughs now but I find myself skipping bosses by just exiting the stage if I don't vibe with a run, have fun, you're at the part where I started doing that lmao
You are either going to love or hate the final boss.

I fall firmly into the camp of sheer loathing.
Do you mean the final boss, the second final boss or the final final boss?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
The Switch Pro U 2 is real.

It runs games in 5D 7K quality it launches with Smash Ultimate Deluxe 3D with no cuts and 100 new characters and it also cooks you breakfast and comes with a free goth gf.
5D? So you'll be able to smell the games?

Smash tournaments are about to become No Items, Ivysaur Only.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
But if this is all the dlc they do then there’s cause for alarm.
Well they aren't gonna have any money for a second season if all you do is complain they couldn't have a 36 character roster even with a AAA budget, I might add

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
When it comes to the NASB2 dlc thing, it doesn’t really make sense to me. Bringing in Zuko and Iron to have 3 firebenders but leave out Toph feels pretty dumb, Krabs being in but still leaving Sandy out is confusing, and I won’t even get started on Rocksteady over Leo and Mikey while downgrading Shredder to a boss.

Nickelodeon (and by default that damned mountain) should be giving these people more time to do things

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
It’s also arguably normal to be allowed for more time if wanted/needed.
Well they probably don't think it's rushed considering all the content they added that ISN'T eleven particular characters.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Well they probably don't think it's rushed considering all the content they added that ISN'T eleven particular characters.
That may be true, tho at the same time who knows what they’re thinking. It doesn’t help that some of the cuts don’t really make sense, and I can’t really say some of the newcomers don’t make sense due to fighting games being what they are. I’m sure it’ll still be a big enough hit for a 3rd game, but with the present day thoughts had, the weirdness with the roster hits a bit hard.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
That may be true, tho at the same time who knows what they’re thinking. It doesn’t help that some of the cuts don’t really make sense, and I can’t really say some of the newcomers don’t make sense due to fighting games being what they are. I’m sure it’ll still be a big enough hit for a 3rd game, but with the present day thoughts had, the weirdness with the roster hits a bit hard.
Even still, it's not like this game is going to have less content than NASB1 at launch, which is what I feel like people are acting like when they focus on the cuts and ONLY the cuts.

Just wait until they find out Mortal Kombat has never done Armageddon again. And that's a franchise which according to its devs is the only fighting game series to truly have AAA budgets!

Top Bottom