• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sticky Business

• Antonblast

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Valley Peaks

• Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

• Helder Pinto

• TMNT Splintered Fate

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Cat Quest 3

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • stitch

• Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

• None

Votes: 7 33.3%

• Total voters

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Dawg, you're letting random ass Redditors get your mentality messed up again. They don't know you, you don't know them, so it's not worth getting worked up over. If it's that bad, log off Reddit.

Or actually just log off Reddit in general, yeah that's good life advice
I know. I just... You want to find a place with people who share a common interest as you, you know.

Shroob

Sup?
Dawg, you're letting random ass Redditors get your mentality messed up again. They don't know you, you don't know them, so it's not worth getting worked up over. If it's that bad, log off Reddit.

Or actually just log off Reddit in general, yeah that's good life advice
Stay off the Reddit

And for the love of god, stay off the bird app.

It suggested that I should follow ****ing

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
There's a part of me who's genuinely worried the Nitro Squad won't make it into Crash Team Rumble.

Like, Toys for Bob's preference for new characters like Catbat is one thing (Catbat be hella cute so I don't mind that), but the Nitro Squad have become somewhat divisive in the Crash fandom after perceived "oVeRrAtEd"ness during Nitro-Fueled's lifecycle.
Thus, I'm worried TfB might be too scared to add the girls...

Even if I WEREN'T starting work on a cartoon about them, I'd still wish they had justice. They're still great characters who deserve more of a chance to shine.

Hell, I'd even accept Tawna-alternate-universe-style versions of them, even if I don't entirely care for Alt-Tawna ¯\(ツ)

Noipoi

Howdy!
Decidueye isn't as tough as Greninja, but he gets really tryhard near the end of the fight.

Setting up Swords Dance and spamming Leaf Blade/Brave Bird several times in a row, talk about overkill...

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Stay off the Reddit

And for the love of god, stay off the bird app.

It suggested that I should follow ****ing
I really only use Reddit and Twitter for sports updates (because obviously a site filled with those Nintendo fans won't be interested in that), and for some games (primarily Kingdom Hearts, but other indie games and RPGs). Otherwise, I don't bother straying too far

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
inb4 this is the actual Persona 6 in disguise...either that or Atlus refuses to let go of the Phanton Thieves

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Try ten years. I've been here for a decade.

I joined this site when I was 15. It doesn't feel like I've been here that long in hindsight.
I lied about my age like a rebel and joined when I was 12. I asked a mod to change the age to the correct number, cause I had it hidden on my profile until I changed my username. I think I said I was 25 or something, it just felt like the right inconspicuous number that anyone could believe. And then I spent my first six months ****posting Dr Who gifs.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
There's a part of me who's genuinely worried the Nitro Squad won't make it into Crash Team Rumble.

Like, Toys for Bob's preference for new characters like Catbat is one thing (Catbat be hella cute so I don't mind that), but the Nitro Squad have become somewhat divisive in the Crash fandom after perceived "oVeRrAtEd"ness during Nitro-Fueled's lifecycle.
Thus, I'm worried TfB might be too scared to add the girls...

Even if I WEREN'T starting work on a cartoon about them, I'd still wish they had justice. They're still great characters who deserve more of a chance to shine.

Hell, I'd even accept Tawna-alternate-universe-style versions of them, even if I don't entirely care for Alt-Tawna ¯\(ツ)
You could probably do them as one Hero style character where they share a moveset

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
View attachment 369465

Wait what

You’re in my state???
Unrelated but related state driving talk; I don’t like driving through Tennessee. I make the drive from Memphis to Gatlinburg and Morristown a few times out of the year. That is 400 miles and a time zone change in the same goddamn state. I take one road for seven hours, or six if I’m going back.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Noipoi

Howdy!
Unrelated but related state driving talk; I don’t like driving through Tennessee. I make the drive from Memphis to Gatlinburg and Morristown a few times out of the year. That is 400 miles and a time zone change in the same goddamn state. I take one road for seven hours, or six if I’m going back.
Sheesh. That's a lotta driving.

How do you not go insane?

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
This new Persona mobile game seems like it's going to do what Persona: Sin and Punishment did; following a main title's story and themes closely while also being its own thing.

It's too early to say whether it will be good but I at least liked the new desings so far.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
This new Persona mobile game seems like it's going to do what Persona: Sin and Punishment did; following a main title's story and themes closely while also being its own thing.

It's too early to say whether it will be good but I at least liked the new desings so far.
I am quite liking the protag and the mascot designs

osby

Smash Obsessed
Really hoping Persona 5 is still relevant long enough to get Queen into Street Fighter 6. I really want that to happen.
Would you be okay with a potential punchy punch character in P6 or does it have to be specifically Queen for some reason?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Really hoping Persona 5 is still relevant long enough to get Queen into Street Fighter 6. I really want that to happen.
not sure if Capcom would have any outsiders like her in their mainline Street Fighter game (tho I guess the Final Fight characters could count as outsiders)
Would you be okay with a potential punchy punch character in P6 or does it have to be specifically Queen for some reason?
Makoto is the best tbf

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
not sure if Capcom would have any outsiders like her in their mainline Street Fighter game (tho I guess the Final Fight characters could count as outsiders)

Makoto is the best tbf
Yeah, Street Fighter =/= Tekken, they'd probably avoid a crossover like that - especially when there are so many veterans they could bring back. Still, it' fun to think Makoto straight up shooting people or running over them with her Persona.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Anyone seen Shazam 2 yet? It hit cinemas tonight. I’m gonna see it Saturday.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Makoto is the best tbf
Why not though? The only evidence people ever give me for this is that they’ve never done it before. As if they’re incapable of doing a new thing.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Why not though? The only evidence people ever give me for this is that they’ve never done it before. As if they’re incapable of doing a new thing.
Not every fighting game's gonna be a crossover and that's okay. Like, you can's convince me that Guilty Gear or Virtua Fighter will do collaboration fighters, that's simply not the type of games they are.

In Street Fighter's case, I think 36 years of precedent is enough. It's not a hill I'd die on but I'd be extremely surprised if it had third party characters in a numbered title.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Not every fighting game's gonna be a crossover and that's okay. Like, you can's convince me that Guilty Gear or Virtua Fighter will do collaboration fighters, that's simply not the type of games they are.

In Street Fighter's case, I think 36 years of precedent is enough. It's not a hill I'd die on but I'd be extremely surprised if it had third party characters in a numbered title.

this argument prevents them from ever doing something new or exciting. Something that at the same time has become common practice in the games industry and has been proven to boost sales and recognition of your title among new fans. “They’ve never done it before so they never will do it ever and nothing will ever change that” is just a horrible argument. Like, Tekken had one guest character in the third game in the series. It went years without any. Then all of a sudden Tekken 7 had 4 and it was huge. Mortal Kombat didn’t do it for years, then they did it for the first time with 9 and they haven’t looked back since. Samurai Shodown, that’s another series that had never done it before and then all of a sudden it gets a Guilty Gear character, a For Honor character, and a character from a Chinese Gatcha game. Just because it’s never happened before doesn’t mean they can’t decide to do it now. Things are different now and different people are making the games.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Sheesh. That's a lotta driving.

How do you not go insane?
I’m just so used to doing it since I’ve been a student at UTK. Music helps a lot. You have to stay alert when you’re in Sevierville and Pigeon Forge (it’s a 30 mile stretch of horrible traffic and tourist traps but Dollywood is cool), same goes for Knoxville and Nashville. Jackson isn’t a famous city, but it’s infamous for the fact that they’ve been working on the roads there for like a decade now and they still aren’t ****ing done, you’ll always have a 10 mile stretch of driving on rocky ass gravel. Pretty smooth sailing from there though, but Memphis drivers are like Florida drivers.

The worlds largest Buccees (aka the worlds largest gas station/supermarket/google it and go down the rabbit hole if you really want to know because you would have a hyperfixation on it and probably buy all their merch) is being built right off the exit that takes you to Sevierville and I am not ready for the traffic to get even worse.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Actually official Guilty Gear Strive surveys have asked how fans would feel about guest characters multiple times so it might just happen. I hope that if it does happen, it's **** like Vash the Stampede or Alucard Hellsing instead of Ragna

osby

Smash Obsessed
this argument prevents them from ever doing something new or exciting. Something that at the same time has become common practice in the games industry and has been proven to boost sales and recognition of your title among new fans. “They’ve never done it before so they never will do it ever and nothing will ever change that” is just a horrible argument. Like, Tekken had one guest character in the third game in the series. It went years without any. Then all of a sudden Tekken 7 had 4 and it was huge. Mortal Kombat didn’t do it for years, then they did it for the first time with 9 and they haven’t looked back since. Samurai Shodown, that’s another series that had never done it before and then all of a sudden it gets a Guilty Gear character, a For Honor character, and a character from a Chinese Gatcha game. Just because it’s never happened before doesn’t mean they can’t decide to do it now. Things are different now and different people are making the games.
Fair I guess, though the new direction actually makes me even more doubtful about any crossovers lol.

Actually official Guilty Gear Strive surveys have asked how fans would feel about guest characters multiple times so it might just happen. I hope that if it does happen, it's **** like Vash the Stampede or Alucard Hellsing instead of Ragna
Hell yeah, I love changing my opinions when I am presented with more information and context!

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Yeah! Do the interesting ones like that in guilty gear and save our Ragna vs Sol fights for the inevitable BlazeBlue x Guilty Gear game.
Fair I guess, though the new direction actually makes me even more doubtful about any crossovers lol.
I don’t know about that. I’m my opinion it’s up in the air. I would be unsurprised if it never happened. But I also think 6 might be the game where they start.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
The only thing I can contribute to this discourse is that I just want Granblue Fantasy Versus Rising to have one of Granblue's Crossover characters in it

****in' One Piece, Street Fighter, Precure, Sakura Wars, Persona 5, Cardcaptor Sakura, Code Geass, Idolm@ster, Love Live, Demon Slayer, Gintama, Doraemon and a few others I am forgetting, any of them would be very based.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Android 16 to dunk the competition. :jojo:

Shroob

Sup?
I don't mind being a support ***** for this Raid with Bellibolt

But this is making me wish I had a 2nd Miraidon that wasn't just my Living Dex one.

Top Bottom