• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, is Geoff mixed up, in a negative way? Meaning he says things he ultimately does not mean?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Turning Aquaman into Lobo seems like a hard reboot move if you ask me
both yes and no cause whatever kind of logic we are supposed to be given
Eh, MCU also changed the actors of some important characters like War Machine and Hulk while keeping the continuity. This one may be a bolder move but not impossible.

But it seems they may have a hard reboot later down the line anyway, so... :drshrug:
and sometimes actors with smaller roles in one project play a character of more importance in other projects (or are a relative of the last character they played)
I mean, yeah that's true

But considering this was announced at the same time as WW3 and Man of Steel 2 being cancelled, I think it's not too unreasonable to expect a hard reboot
or a reboot that keeps the 2 James Gunn projects alive and makes the rest of the DCEU become their world…or they’re already the new main universe and the other 2 universes were never canon…or literally whatever let’s me keep John Cena and Margot’s Harley from being changed
The entire Justice league is getting snapped from existence.

Gal is gone and no WW3

Henry Cavil and man of steel 2 are being very likely to be left in the dust. Sources say Cavil didn’t even sign a deal before the new management came in.

No affleck or Keaton.

Aquman, gone.

Black Adam 2, left to be very Unlikely to happen.

Which means the JSA is probably gone to.

That’s their entire lineup the past few years, gone never to be returned to. With The Batman being the only one still hanging in there.
Everyone will be replaced with Batman character that have never been in a live action anything before…the Batice League begins
Apparently according to the story of what Wonder Woman 3 would have been.

It'd be Steve coming back as an antagonist in Hades.

Yeah...I think we would have been better off without...
****ing ew
Still ain't gonna top Top Gun: Maverick. If Black Panther: Wakanda Forever couldn't. This won't either.

I also guarantee Del Toro's Pinocchio will deliver more emotion, spirit, beauty, spectacle, and story then Avatar 2 ever will.

Avatar 2 only has visuals going for it.
Wakanda gets a pass since China didn’t wanna have the movie in their country for an extremely quick lesbian forehead kiss (not even joking). Not that China will always be the main source of Hollywood income, as Spidey proved last year, but they’re still a wanted factor to pander to…Avatar has an unfortunately high advantage in making some big money because of them once more. Could easily become the next billion dollar movie because of China
DC with their potential rebooting of their entire universe right now (at the 01:06-01:10 mark) :

bet this will be the permanent DC tradition for whenever things don’t go their way
…can’t wait to get no Kid Icarus news as usual
Wait you guys actually watch the Game Awards?

I thought it was just a joke
I can’t help it
FTC has sued Microsoft to block MS from acquiring Activision Blizzard.
at this point, everyone major company is trying to stop Microsoft except Nintendo

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
There has already been this

so Geoff is keeping the Gaming tradition of Hypocrisy alive
I can already count at least one capital G Gamer™ in that group

Then again Valkyrie won an award a while back and the Gamers were not having it so maybe they don't want to repeat.

Actually, did TGA ever address that?
Remembering when people got pissy at SonicFox winning best eSports player

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Remembering when people got pissy at SonicFox winning best eSports player
Tbf (and I mean this loosely), Sonicfox got Political™️ ("Everything a republican hates") in his speech. Valkyrie didn't even say anything remotely controversial or do really anything except exist and she still got harassed beyond belief because a white male didn't win the Mickey Mouse award.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Well, James Gunn made a response regarding to the rumours:

I will say that a reboot might be the best way forward. But at the same time, it can be quite risky as well especially in an attempt to win over a fanbase that had been in existence for a while (mainly with Zack Snyder's take) which is going to be quite a hurdle.

As I said before, I will wait and see what news will surface from Gunn and Safran themselves to determine how it will all come together.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I’m actually not sure who my favorite Paldea Pokémon is yet.

With Galar it was a no brainer. The moment I saw Dragapult there was no one else it could be. But with Gen 9 I’m really torn between a ton of good options.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I’m actually not sure who my favorite Paldea Pokémon is yet.

With Galar it was a no brainer. The moment I saw Dragapult there was no one else it could be. But with Gen 9 I’m really torn between a ton of good options.
Same here

The moment I laid eyes on Grimmsnarl it was over, it instantly became one of my favorite Pokémon ever, but in Paldea I didn't quite get that with any of the new mons. Like there's plenty I like but none I got that feeling from, though I finally have a definitive favorite Ice type

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I'll probably tune in for a little bit but if I start seeing signs that it's going to be another total snooze fest like the last two of 'em I sat through, I'll just go do something else and catch up on the major announcements later.

Top Bottom