• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sticky Business

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Antonblast

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • Valley Peaks

• Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Helder Pinto

• TMNT Splintered Fate

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Cat Quest 3

• stitch

• Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

• None

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Persona 5 Strikers fits perfectly well into both the base game and Royal. There's no reason why it should considered as a follow up to only the former.

Tactica will most likely do the same and avoid overt references to Royal-only content but given that Violet will be in it, it likely takes place in the new continuity.
She and the game’s current winter setting is why I’m confused over what’s going on there, especially since Strikers couldn’t really make any references considering developmental time while Royal…doesn’t really have a sensible placement for any of it.
The most confusing timeline I've seen with any Persona games
very much so
I uhh

I played the OG Blazblue and like, one Guilty Gear on PSP. Does that count?
only if DBFighterZ and Persona 4 Arena counts

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I uhh

I played the OG Blazblue and like, one Guilty Gear on PSP. Does that count?
I mean I only played DBFZ which I'm 99% sure doesn't count
The only crossover they actually did recently was Cross Tag and a good 85% of that roster is reusing assets from Blazblue, P4A and Under Night
And considering how mechanically intensive their games get, even the ones they've tried to simplify, it's really just "I want an anime fighter that isn't an arena fighter" more often than not, anything beyond an anime fighter or Darkstalkers doesn't know what they're actually asking for.

It's like when "Platinum should make XYZ!" was a thing and then you got one okay Korra game, one really damn good Transformers game and then whatever the **** that TMNT game was
What I truly don't get is that it's this site's golden dev for every cartoon crossover ever, like all of them. And with something like that requires a company that can mesh all artstyles well into a cohesive singularity, as well as manage to be able to sell animation, attacks, and expressiveness (especially for western based shows), as well as staying true to the source material to the best they can. And what kinda bugs me is that there is a very notable fighting game director, + whatever team he has, that does all of that super well (especially recently), and somehow never crosses this site's mind. And I'm pointing that out because it's the same dude who's responsible for the basis of this site.

And it covers the whole complexity issue too, I would imagine it would be simple yet complex enough for fans of all ages to enjoy, unless someone really wants to hit Squidward's pentagram Rekka into the double double Z clarinet combo

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I hope you’re all ready for Mario RPG to add voice acting.

With Jack Black reprising his role as bowser so he can perform peaches at Marrymore in the most mins bending cutscene of all time.

osby

Smash Obsessed
She and the game’s current winter setting is why I’m confused over what’s going on there, especially since Strikers couldn’t really make any references considering developmental time while Royal…doesn’t really have a sensible placement for any of it.
I think we can locate this game to "before Akechi joins but after Haru does" because the DLC story might easily be non-canon and handwave Violet.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Yeah the whole "this game should be made by ARC SYSTEM WORKS!!!!!" bugs me. People do it for literally any property under the sun. I do not see how ArcSys, a studio with a very very anime style, would mesh well with Nick and CN's mostly extremely westernized aesthetics.

Personally I think the obsession with ArcSys can come across as rather disrespectful to the other great fighting game devs out there. I feel besides the "I want my game to look pretty" aspect, it tends to feel rather pretentious, as I think it stems from a point around like maybe the late 10s or so where ArcSys gained this reputation as the Cool Kids' Fighting Game Studio, and that implanted this idea in more mainstream audiences' heads that fighting games need to be made by ArcSys or have ArcSys visuals to be good. It's very annoying and unpleasant

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Welp my sister is dragging me to see Elemental in the morning.

She's saying she's hears from word of mouth the advertising was misleading but she works at Disneyland so I'm not holding my breath. Then again it's not like Disney has never had misleading advertising before.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed

She's saying she's hears from word of mouth the advertising was misleading but she works at Disneyland so I'm not holding my breath. Then again it's not like Disney has never had misleading advertising before.
It may be a fun time at least.

From what I saw, the animation is pretty good so visuals alone might carry the movie if you're lucky.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

From what I hear its mediocre, but serviceable.

It should be a fun time, just not a spectacular one.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Me and my brother found a chick that had fallen from its nest and apparently, we're looking after it until it's old enough to fly now.

I very rarely post in these threads but I'd just like to comment on how I'm firstly very glad that you've rescued this lil fella and also that they look very cute in the "putrid little man" sense <3

osby

Smash Obsessed
I very rarely post in these threads but I'd just like to comment on how I'm firstly very glad that you've rescued this lil fella and also that they look very cute in the "putrid little man" sense <3
Thanks! Though my brother should take most of the credit. He's full-on bird parent mode right now and it's honestly amazing to watch how much responsibility he immediately took.

I agree that the bird looks pretty ugly-cute.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I hope you’re all ready for Mario RPG to add voice acting.

With Jack Black reprising his role as bowser so he can perform peaches at Marrymore in the most mins bending cutscene of all time.
10/10 would put a save data aside just to watch this part over and over

Reactions: Z25

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
Gotta say, was not expecting Tears of the Kingdom to feel so... overwhelming as a game lol

like, jeez, there's so much new stuff and I have 2 new entirely seperate gameplay loops to do now?(Sky & Depths)

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I hope these pretentious terminally online Europeans realize that racism and police brutality is a worldwide issue and not something limited to America.

I mean they won't, but it would be neat if they open their eyes
"Nah nah you see, stuff like this only happens in the US, we dont have these problems? What.....? A kid was killed...nah its the kids fault"

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Decided to update my list of purchases for this year. Had to sacrifice some stuff in order to be able to afford some other things sadly.

Was originally gonna post each image on its own under a spoiler tag but Smashboards kept crashing so I gave up.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Tell my sister I might be trans, and she's like "okay cool".

Tell her I might be midly lactose intolerant, and she gasps in shock as a look of pure terror appears on her face.

Good to know she has her priorities straight. I'm never giving up cheese though.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Decided that I'll be writing into the night if necessary. I want to finish this goddamn script already so that I'll finally be able to play Pokémon in peace

Tell her I might be midly lactose intolerant, and she gasps in shock as a look of pure terror appears on her face.

Good to know she has her priorities straight. I'm never giving up cheese though.
To be fair being trans isn't a choice

But being lactose intolerant? that's a skill issue

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Man I can't believe it

They made it look cool in the first half and then they decided to make it a generic ****ing isekai

This is like the twisted lovechild of American and Japanese creative bankruptcy
as long as Harley ****s **** up for no reason, I will be seated…even tho I didn't know what an isekai meant before googling it

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Trans people: I'm trans
Society: Ok
Trans people: I'm lactose intolerant
Society:
fetchimage (8).jpeg

Jondolio

Smash Hero
as long as Harley *s * up for no reason, I will be seated…even tho I didn't know what an isekai meant before googling it
See it being an isekai wouldn't be much of an issue if: a. the most recent other anime project based on a DC character (Batman Ninja) wasn't also an isekai, and b. Harley was transported into a fantasy world that didn't look like any other ****ing isekai world

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
****ing show me new footage of best girl Makoto already
See it being an isekai wouldn't be much of an issue if: a. the most recent other anime project based on a DC character (Batman Ninja) wasn't also an isekai, and b. Harley was transported into a fantasy world that didn't look like any other ****ing isekai world
I benefit from skipping Batman Ninja it seems...also the severe lack of isekai anime I've seen

Top Bottom