• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
2021 Artdump. All reposts, but just throwing them here for archival purposes
I'd draw more if I wasn't so busy. Atm, the Link to the Past one is probably my favorite of the bunch, I might just stick to that artstyle.
I'm still partial to the Goku one.

And the retro Cloud is cute.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
2021 Artdump. All reposts, but just throwing them here for archival purposes
I'd draw more if I wasn't so busy. Atm, the Link to the Past one is probably my favorite of the bunch, I might just stick to that artstyle.
These are great, dude! : D

Question tho out of curiosity:
Is the 2nd to last drawing a reference to Madeline's dash in Celeste or no? It looks like it but the orange hair the character in that drawing has in the beginning is making me think otherwise.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! Your character is named nate right? I tried to mail the storage shed to you but I couldn't find you on my list for some reason
Okay! So! Funny story! I was clearing out my friends list a while back, and didn't recognize you cause your Switch username was Zhongli. Oops. 💦

Just added ya back, so you should be able to send it now.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I mean Pokemon fans are arguing over ceilings (you read that right) so the bar is in hell.
The Sonic one isn't surprising to me; this is the same group that argued for 15+ years about the color of his eyes before they finally moved on.

Pokémon ceiling thing is new, though. The heck? Context, please?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The Sonic one isn't surprising to me; this is the same group that argued for 15+ years about the color of his eyes before they finally moved on.

You can enter buildings in Legends Arceus and as the camera isn't fixed inside buildings for once, you can see the ceilings of the buildings

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Pretty much what Gwen said, but the poster worded it like this
20220113_152344.png

Which makes the tweet ****ing stupid.

And as a bonus

Btw, you could see ceilings since Gen 5.

Last edited:

MooMew64

You can enter buildings in Legends Arceus and as the camera isn't fixed inside buildings for once, you can see the ceilings of the buildings
This is...A bad thing...?

Bruh did we even get a single look at the model in Frontiers?
Yeah, it was in the reveal trailer, and a new screenshot dropped today:

Sonic YTers and fans are starting to say the game's reusing Forces assets now.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
But does it still have the EXP share and affection? Because if it does then it'll still be way too easy. There hasnt been ANY difficulty in these games since gen 5.
Eh, the Gen 4 remakes final battles + post game are pretty hard IMO, the Elite Four + Cynthia + Gym Leader rematches have competitive based teams and strategies like in BW2's Challenge Mode.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Not gonna lie, I do not understand the mass appeal of anime in the US.
1642109429165.png

Genuine question to folks here who watch a lot of anime: Am I missing something? Cause a lot of the ones I've tried just feel like horny cartoons from Japan.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
This is...A bad thing...?

Yeah, it was in the reveal trailer, and a new screenshot dropped today:

Sonic YTers and fans are starting to say the game's reusing Forces assets now.
I mean. Reusing assets is a good thing, why take up resources making new models of **** you already have like Sonic, rings, bumpers, boost pads, whatever. Especially as they aren't reusing **** for the level design so far

MooMew64

View attachment 342556
Genuine question to folks here who watch a lot of anime: Am I missing something? Cause a lot of the ones I've tried just feel like horny cartoons from Japan.
Which ones are you watching?

'Cause there are plenty that are...not that.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Pretty much what Gwen said, but the poster worded it like this
View attachment 342555
Which makes the tweet ****ing stupid.

And as a bonus

Btw, you could see ceilings since Gen 5.
Mfw the new Pokemon doesn’t have a ceiling:
E850E0D2-6B73-4F1C-99D2-917607E485DE.jpg

Mfw it does:
67886B80-2A0E-410F-917A-D586C9A1106D.gif

Mfw I find out they’ve been there for half a decade:
821D83F6-6774-4337-94A0-D63F52635156.jpeg

(I didn’t intend to make this entirely out of Spongebob images, it just sorta happened)

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
View attachment 342556
Yeah, I too was a hormonal ************ who was interested in those shows at at one point.

Most of the popular anime are Shohen which yeah does have fanservice, but it's more action based if anything. Ecchi is uh... not that.

Noipoi

Howdy!
View attachment 342556
I kinda get it, as the good **** I’ve seen is some good ass

But not enough to devote myself to anime like some people do.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
View attachment 342556
Anime is generally more over the top and more... Serialized, for lack of a better word. If you want to try say, Dragon Ball, there's 1 (one) show to start and the other shows are just later seasons. Want to watch Batman and there's like a bajillion different comics and shows meaning it can be very overwhelming.

Also a lot of weebs like to think they're more cultured for enjoying foreign kid shows instead of domestic ones

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

MooMew64

Yeah, I too was a hormonal ************ who was interested in those shows at at one point.

Most of the popular anime are Shohen which yeah does have fanservice, but it's more action based if anything. Ecchi is uh... not that.
Yeaaaahhhhh protip for the uninitiated: Anything tagged "ecchi" is 9 times outta ten just like, actual softcore.

Also, please do not look at online anime fans as a representation of the shows themselves.

please

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Also a lot of weebs like to think they're more cultured for enjoying foreign kid shows instead of domestic ones
Word of the wise Guh, it's best you ignore those people. Do not interact.

I know the irony of saying this on Smashboards but from experience, those people are not pleasent irl and may be some of the worst people you'll ever meet.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

I know the irony of saying this on Smashboards but from experience, those people are not pleasent irl and may be some of the worst people you'll ever meet.
You speaking from experience there mate?

Cause I know I am lmao. Used to go "Waaah it's more DARK and EDGY and SERIOUS than what we get here" and nowadays I'm all "heehee this is fun"

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
You speaking from experience there mate?

Cause I know I am lmao. Used to go "Waaah it's more DARK and EDGY and SERIOUS than what we get here" and nowadays I'm all "heehee this is fun"
Yeah, all from my irl experiences.

Some of them like 1 step away from being unironic nazis, so maybe I just got unlucky.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
View attachment 342556
I think this is a problem of you watching the wrong stuff here

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Which ones are you watching?

'Cause there are plenty that are...not that.
Here's the "anime status" as of now

Finished - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, (I actually really liked FMAB) Sword Art: Online
Watched - Pop Team Epic
I Gave Up After Season 1 - My Hero Academia

I've also watched a bunch of Studio Ghibli films, but I'm more so referring to the serialized stuff you find on Crunchyroll and the like. Most of what I've really seen from those shows from images and clips and the like is just big honkers or a lot of tropey stuff, and I'm like- "Am I looking at the wrong ones here?"

I already avoid anyone who thinks they're "more cultured" for any reason, honestly. They're usually just not fun people and also a-holes, haha.

Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah!

If you're in the market for what good anime looks like, just lemme know.

I got recommends for the good stuffs. :nifty:
Teach me. :yeahboi:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom