• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I spent a good chunk of the day searching for a Dreamcast controller PC adapter so I could start to play old DC games in style.

There are none on the market.

Neither is there any USB recreation controllers.

Niko_cry.png

am sad

oh well, GCN it is. Close enough.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Correction. Exdeath is a tree that was sealed with many demons and evils, which eventually gave Exdeath a consciousness and a thirst for power for/over the Void. Less rebelling against humanity and more Lord of the Rings "history became legend and legend became myth, including the evils that shouldn't have been forgotten".
I think Exdeath is also based on the biblical demon Legion in that both are inanimate objects given life from countless evil spirits.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
And what good has harassment done? I understand the frustration in not being able to do much to improve things at Blizzard but you're talking as if harassment gets better results when most often it doesn't.

If anything, I'm worried harassing an already bad person has the potential to make them an even worse one.
I think there's a difference between harassment and "Hey, what you did is horrible. You should leave and face consequences for that."
The latter is pretty justified I'd say, so long as you can do so like an adult without spewing vitriol - which I do believe most of us can.
A lot of these people are downright rotten, and shouldn't get to hide behind cries for civility when criticism of actions like these are the furthest thing from un-civil; they're necessary evaluations of terrible conduct. The real incivility would be allowing this behavior to flourish unchallenged.

The harassment from a few bad actors on Twitter is dramatically outweighed both in volume and seriousness by the harassment that will continue to occur in these workplaces and those like it if we don't set the precedent that it is absolutely not to be tolerated.
My line of thought here is more in line with momo.

Im not saying harass them like sexually. My case is this.

Every moment of their days until something is done they should be “harassed” with repeated bringing up of their actions. Example, if they were posting something to social media, every one of the responses to them needs to repeatedly mention their actions. An interview publicly for example, another thing. They need to be routinely harassed with the reminder of their actions, because clearly what’s being done now isn’t really denting these peoples reputations.

It’s nice to see bigger companies call them out, but it’s still not bringing about change. You don’t spread awareness unless you constantly barrage these facts into the public and make sure everything that person does is associated with their horrible behavior previously. Otherwise it’s too easy to seeep things under the rug.

The fact big time people support those Like Bobby, or the fact that he was on ****ing Epstein’s list and still nothing is being done about it disgusting. He could step down but it’s not going to root out the corruption at the company.

They all needed to be constantly scrutinized publicly which still counts as a form of harassment. But it’s a justified one, because without problems blowing up to wide scale attention, they rarely get the justice they deserve. Hell even ones with lots of attention still don’t get the justice they deserve as recent times have shown with various high profile court cases. Which is why I fully believe the public need to attack essentially with their words. It’s the only real way we have to potentially change the world for the better.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I think Exdeath is also based on the biblical demon Legion in that both are inanimate objects given life from countless evil spirits.
Nope. Legion was many demons that possessed one man, compared to Exdeath who was many demons that possessed a plant. The man that the many demons possessed was eventually found by Jesus and the demons begged Jesus to allow them to possess the pigs rather then be cast out and Jesus let them, in which they possessed the pigs and went to the nearby river immediately and drowned.

Exdeath was more likely based on the stuff that trees could be used to hold or seal evil spirits.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Ok. I like how Let’s Go, SwSH, and BDSP look. Not necessarily in texture quality but in art style definitely. (Though I wish SwSh wasn’t cell shaded). But I really don’t like how X and Y look. The older I get the more I realize how much I really don’t like cell shading I guess.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I hope Nick gives All star brawl gets more budget or makes a sequel where they bring in voice acting. Sucks that they crew have such great visions but we’re cut short on the budget. I wonder how nick is reacting to Multiversus though.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I hope Nick gives All star brawl more budget or makes a sequel where they bring in voice acting. Sucks that they crew have such great visions but we’re cut short on the budget. I wonder how nick is reacting to Multiversus though.
I know the dev team is pissed about Multiversus, but mostly because how they wanted to make a game like that but Nick cheaped out on them, so we got a shovelware bargain bin game.

It's sad honestly, I feel bad for them.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Yo

New Ghostbusters?

Pretty cool

If you’re interested check it out

You’ll probably like it
Honestly, as a Ghostbusters fan, I really do wanna watch it. Doesn’t look perfect, but it looks like a fun time!

Also Veronica Taylor was the voice of the Mini Pufts. Based. :yeahboi:

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
lower price
So...holiday sale?

Really Nick should give Ludosity VA funds so no other game tries to use "We have voice actors" as a thing to advertise. It's 2021, you shouldn't market the fact that your game comes with voices.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
My only question now is when will Disney join the crossover fighting game battle.

'Cause I'm maining Grunkle Stan if that happens.
They shut this idea down once, but I would love to see them go back to. There’s a lot of potential for that roster alone between the movies and tv shows they have. That’s without even getting into the ips or studios they bought rights to down the line.
There's a Twitter page promoting Pokémon NFT

Nintendo/TPCI ninjas dropping in 3... 2... 1... :ultgreninja:
Arceus E-speed TPCI ninjas…

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Honestly, I don't think that fighting games need voice over. Like, fighting games like Rivals Of Aether work perfectly fine without any voice lines. I feel like the difference between a game like that and Nickolodeon: All Stars Brawl is that NASB's roster consists of cartoon characters. Many characters have iconic voices, but cartoon characters ESPECIALLY have iconic voices. Like, when you think of Spongebob, one of the first things many think of is his voice. So going from Spongebob screaming in an exaggerated fashion when being hit in his cartoons to saying nothing at all in NASB is a bit jarring. And given how much love and care was put into the animations, if Ludosity had the budget for voice over, I have no doubt that they'd go and hire some VAs.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
They shut this idea down once, but I would love to see them go back to. There’s a lot of potential for that roster alone between the movies and tv shows they have. That’s without even getting into the ips or studios they bought rights to down the line.
As much as the novelty of Multiversus’s roster is and can be, I think it’d be nice if there was focus on one particular area, like the idea I had for one based around the animated series

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Honestly, I don't think that fighting games need voice over. Like, fighting games like Rivals Of Aether work perfectly fine without any voice lines. I feel like the difference between a game like that and Nickolodeon: All Stars Brawl is that NASB's roster consists of cartoon characters. Many characters have iconic voices, but cartoon characters ESPECIALLY have iconic voices. Like, when you think of Spongebob, one of the first things many think of is his voice. So going from Spongebob screaming in an exaggerated fashion when being hit in his cartoons to saying nothing at all in NASB is a bit jarring. And given how much love and care was put into the animations, if Ludosity had the budget for voice over, I have no doubt that they'd go and hire some VAs.
I think what made it feel like NASB really really REALLY needs voices is the previous two Kart Racer games not having any voices at all, while Nicktoons Racing had all the original VAs in 2000. In a repetitive, shoddily ripped manner, but still voices.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I feel like it’s on a case by case basis. There’s considerably less expectation with something original than something that utilizes existing and beloved series. Smash would lose quite a bit of it’s charm if there were no voices.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Your correct that fighting games don't need a voice over, but voice overs undoubtedly enhance the experience. Some of the most iconic and meme'd moments in FGs tend to be the voicelines alongside the actions.

HADOUKEN! FALCON PUNCH! TOSUGEKI! GET OVER HERE!

None of them would have been so iconic if it weren't for the exaggerated yet badass voice over.

Rivals is a unique case in that regard.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Your correct that fighting games don't need a voice over, but voice overs undoubtedly enhance the experience. Some of the most iconic and meme'd moments in FGs tend to be the voicelines alongside the actions.

None of them would have been so iconic if it weren't for the exaggerated yet badass voice over.

ARE YOU OKAY?

BUSTA WOLF!!

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

And if you're not using VA, you need some really good sound effects for when characters get hit to really sell it

But also

FOOTDIVE!

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Oh yeah I totally agree. Definitely enhances the experience, I just don't think not having it is ALWAYS bad. As Wade said, it's on a case by case basis.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
when it comes to the NASB alts, from way back in the earliest of Octobers, it was weird how TMNT 2012 based alts weren’t in the datamines despite them being on the title screen
POV: You’re Reed Richards
*Johnny Storm after
sleeping around with the fiancé of Doom and getting snitched on by her on the day of the wedding
while Namor laughs like a mad fish

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
It's not always bad, but like Schnee said, you gotta have top of the line sound design to sell you the impact.
Well, NASB certainly does have sound effects for every move. They're just a bit too subtle. It took me a while to realize there's a little tune playing when Powdered Toast Man does his salute, for instance.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Well, NASB certainly does have sound effects for every move. They're just a bit too subtle. It took me a while to realize there's a little tune playing when Powdered Toast Man does his salute, for instance.
That's one of the main drawbacks of NASB, the moves have no weight because of the janky animations and the really not good sound design where every hit feels like the same generic basic punch which makes a lot moves feel like a wet noodle despite apparently being super strong.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
As much as the novelty of Multiversus’s roster is and can be, I think it’d be nice if there was focus on one particular area, like the idea I had for one based around the animated series
Even sticking with the animated shows, Disney makes some really iconic series. This also still opens up the door to a lot of the movie characters who had shows after their movies. An era that still holds a lot of nostalgia for people. Even the newer shows are still popular. Star vs, Gravity Falls, Amphibia, Owl House, Big City greens, etc.

A lot of great fun could be had there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom