• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Emperor's New Groove is kino because it went through one of the most scuffed development periods in all of animated film history and still came out as an amazing final product.
I still adore Emperor's New Groove as one of my fave Disney animated features in which whilst I do acknowledge that development went through a rather long and daunting process when it started off as "Kingdom of the Sun" (the story was a lot different before it underwent a load of changes. But I still enjoy the story and the voice performances of David Spade, Patrick Warburton and the late Eartha Kitt.

I also believe that Frozen also underwent a long development process which was in the works for quite a while.

Speaking of Disney, I've read some of the social media reaction to their latest feature, Encanto which has been mostly positive.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
SMT fans hate it when people compare the two series, and considering IGN said "It's like Persona 5 without the heart", it's starting to become the "7.8/10 too much water" of the communuty.
I think the contention comes from reviewers comparing it to Persona in a negative way when the two are clearly different experiences.

On its own the comparison isn't bad per se because the two series are really similar. I'd say this is especially the case if it's the only frame of reference a person has when going into SMT (like myself)

However, it seems like some reviewers were expecting another Persona game when that was never going to happen. Then it becomes an unfair comparison, which is where the contention comes from.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Persona is probably just a cooler version of SMT based on what I know about Persona people online

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Would you rather be a child
Tough question. Eh, I would like to go back to kindergarten, but then I wouldn't have much choice to how I'd like to live my life. I'm gonna have to say yes and no.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
After spending around 2 hours, I managed to master and complete the sequence break to get the Grabity Suit early!

Feels nice when trying to master these breaks pays off in Dread!

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Tough question. Eh, I would like to go back to kindergarten, but then I wouldn't have much choice to how I'd like to live my life. I'm gonna have to say yes and no.
Are you going to prevent a major worldwide disaster too while you're in the past? Will you spare us from the Corona virus with your vast knowledge of future events after funding everything into bitcoin? :secretkpop:

Last edited:

Divine Grace Maryse

Class of 1979
Premium
I am 60 years old and enjoying Smash Bros., Tekken, and Soulcalibur. There can be some outliers in the gaming community.

In other unrelated news...

Something unexpected happened to me today.

My foster mother gifted me with this and got one of these for herself, too. I never had plans on getting a cell phone but I will cherish it. Besides, landlines are starting to go out of style these days.

I decided to use some family-friendly :ultpyra: fan-art as my wallpaper. It is because she is my new girl since :peachmelee: and :4bayonetta2:. This was actually a good time to announce my new-found love for her, even if I never played Xenoblade series before. Apologies for the ****ty quality, as I used my laptop camera to capture that.

Anyway... my foster mother becomes 57 years old come this Sunday. And I did tell y'all she retired on my the day I turned 60, which was two months ago, right? Maybe now she will enjoy life more. So, uh, any birthday wishes for her would be appreciated.

Enjoy the rest of your evening. I will still be hanging around this thread for the rest of the evening. :yoshi:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
So, I’ve had a hard time staying “committed” to Minecraft worlds. But this new world was the one. The one where I’d actually do well. So, everything is going nicely, just got done from a few hours of mining, got stacks of materials, I return back to my temporary base and… I hear that dreaded hissing. Yup, a freaking creeper came out of NOWHERE and blew my bed up, along with me. Now, I could go back and get my stuff… but my bed was far FAR away from my world spawn.

I have not had a creeper death that painful in AGES.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom