• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
TBH Sunshine isn't that bad, but it's probably the closest Mario's ever come to having Sonic-level jank IMO.
I would say 64 has more jank than Sunshine. It’s just often looked over for being the first good 3D Platformer and setting the standard.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I would say 64 has more jank than Sunshine. It’s just often looked over for being the first good 3D Platformer and setting the standard.
See, I dunno if I personally agree with that when Sunshine's physics just always felt off in the sections without FLUDD.

Granted, it has been awhile since I played it and I never beat it, so maybe I'll revisit it soon and see how I feel. I just know from what I've seen, stuff like the Pachinko and Watermelon level make me dread the game a bit, lol.

Plus, Sunshine has one of the worst progressions systems I think Mario has ever had.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Sunshine’s highs are pretty damn high, and it’s lows will make your tear the hair from your head and jam your face through a door.
Yeah but the lows of Sunshine are like… 4 levels. The Sandbird, the lillipads, the ****ING MELONS, and… maybe the underwater stuff in Noki Bay? I dunno. I’m biased to sunshine so maybe I’m wrong but I just think people over react on it’s difficulty and jank.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Once I finish my Shantae Marathon, I’m finally gonna do it. I’m finally gonna marathon through all of mainline Final Fantasy.

Including 15’s pocket Edition cause I wanna know if there’s a good version of 15 out there somewhere.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
The GameCube was Nintendo's last attempt at making consoles based on being more powerful, and it shows because some of those games still look damn good to this day, and imo, damn near every game on that system aged like fine wine.

I just wish the PS2 didn't annahilate everything because Nintendo stopped caring for power which is really catching up with 3rd party games getting more grand and robust

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
The GameCube was Nintendo's last attempt at making consoles based on being more powerful, and it shows because some of those games still look damn good to this day, and imo, damn near every game on that system aged like fine wine.

I just wish the PS2 didn't annahilate everything because Nintendo stopped caring for power which is really catching up with 3rd party games getting more grand and robust
The DVD player, man.

Everyone wanted that DVD player.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
This Activision-Blizzard stuff is just.

The abuse is insane and it’s Walk-outs, petitions, open letters, clap back on Media causing people to delete their Twitter, TWO ****ING LAWSUITS and so much more. It’s crazy. Bye-bye Bobby Kotick though. It’s unlikely he’s making it out of this with his job. Good riddance man.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
This Activision-Blizzard stuff is just.

The abuse is insane and it’s Walk-outs, petitions, open letters, clap back on Media causing people to delete their Twitter, TWO ****ING LAWSUITS and so much more. It’s crazy. Bye-bye Bobby Kotick though. It’s unlikely he’s making it out of this with his job. Good riddance man.
What’s the second lawsuit?

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
What’s the second lawsuit?
Activision withheld the fact that they were under investigation by the government for two years from shareholders… which is BIG illegal and the shareholders are suing for it.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Activision withheld the fact that they were under investigation by the government for two years from shareholders… which is BIG illegal and the shareholders are suing for it.
It’s good then. Good that they are getting sued for this. Though are they in more trouble than just with the shareholders, with being under investigated by the government and all?

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
It’s good then. Good that they are getting sued for this. Though are they in more trouble than just with the shareholders, with being under investigated by the government and all?
That’s the other lawsuit. California is suing them.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So what will happen if Activision loses both lawsuits?
It’s class action for the California one, which means all the employees affected (basically all ground floor ones) will get compensated for it, so however much money straight from Activision’s pockets. If they lose the one from Shareholders it’ll likely mean a MAJOR corporate shake-up and ground floor up restructuring which is what employees want. So nothing bad, only good.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Just as a clarification, my earlier post was made to be a joke, I wasn't trying to stir anyone up or touch a nerve, so my apologies.

As for the rest of the post:

I have absolutely no issue with someone criticizing a game. I think it's good! Nothing is perfect, and things will only get better with constructive criticism. However, I will fully admit I disagree with the "New Leaf is better than New Horizons" argument, personally. A lot of New Leaf was restrictive, and clunky for me personally, and I definitely don't miss the Publics Works system at all. Things like Brewster were a neat novelty, but you experience all there is to do after two minutes. The mini games were fun, but again, nothing super noteworthy IMO.

As for New Horizons being unfinished? Yeah, I'm gonna have to disagree personally: It isn't that the game is unfinished IMO, it's that they changed priorities. HD development is waaaaaay more intensive than making a 3DS game, and everything as a result takes longer. Deadlines have to be made, so it most likely came down to this:

Port all of New Leaf's content, and run into the issue we did with City Folk where people complained the experience was too similar and felt like a port.

Or, try something new, and shift priorities over to expanded on customization and island personalization, which were by far the biggest complaints against New Leaf, as the OG Animal Crossing games had next to no way to make your town stand out outside your house. Creating your own, custom island with Public Works and patterns was a HUUUUUUGE part of NL, so the devs saw that and chose to make this the focus. This means that due to limits to how much you can do in so little time, not everything can just come over: Video game development is a long, hard, often thankless process, and sometimes, sacrifices have to be made to try new ideas.

As for "Why don't they just update it, then?" Well, the biggest issue comes down to:

Money.

See, Nintendo (so far) has kept all of these updates free. This severely limits how much effort and manpower they're going to put into a project, as, hey, people gotta get paid, and making free updates cannot sustain actual substantial content because of that. You're not gonna pay a huge team of devs to work on something that won't keep consistent revenue coming in.

As for Villager dialogue...Agree somewhat. Jocks feel horrible in this game: The yell about muscles and that's it. The other types, though? They...Feel about as good as they did in New Leaf. Heck, even when they visited you in NL, they barely said anything different: The dialogue was super limiting and repetitive.

EDIT: Oh, and buildings.

TBH they didn't get rid of their functionalities, they just...Streamlined them. Those shops functions still exist, it's just you can access them through quick menus now rather than being forced to go to a location. I personally view this as a QoL thing.

That all said...

It's all subjective! If you don't enjoy the game, then I'm sorry it isn't for you. I personally think it's the best one yet with some flaws and things that bug me (furniture sets are limited, a lot of annoying timegating, etc) but it doesn't ruin the experience for me personally.

To each their own, as they say. :dr^_^:
For me, I don't give a **** what other people think about New Horizons because all that matters is that I like it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom