• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

One winged Devil

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4499-5767-3965
I still think it's kinda messed up especially given Pennywise's (Devours children) and the Droog's (Actual rapists) nature.
Kid's media referencing things from mature media isn't anything new, How many times has that motorcycle slide from Akira been referenced in cartoons? Let alone horror movie monsters like Jason and Godzilla who I may I remind you is a symbol for nuclear testing/war/etc.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Kid's media referencing things from mature media isn't anything new, How many times has that motorcycle slide from Akira been referenced in cartoons? Let alone horror movie monsters like Jason and Godzilla who I may I remind you is a symbol for nuclear testing/war/etc.
Doesn't mean much but no Godzilla movies have ever been R-rated. Granted I do think there's potential for an R-rated kaiju film.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Darn, WB owns that much? Sesame Street and HBO among other things?
Actually WB does not own Sesame Street.

They do own HBO and have a contract deal that allows Sesame Workshop to produce content on HBO Max.

After about 9 months those new HBO Max Sesame Street episodes air on PBS.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So I just got **** over by a snake in Lisa: The Painful.

They weren't kidding when they said, "turn back now". in RED.

NonsensicalThings

Smash Apprentice
If I recall correctly, Sesame Street is simply owned by Sesame Workshop which is, you guessed it, responsible for Sesame Street.

Sesame Street isn’t owned by anything that isn’t itself to my knowledge.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Oh just wait

**** gets worse
"**** gets worse" should be the subtitle of the game tbh.

Also, I got Nern, and.....

Say, do you got any small tips to help me on my journey? Just gameplay tips if you can.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
all their Sesame Street talk got me remembering the whole Katy Perry stuff…ah the memories of Elmo looking like a freak on accident, triggering people

Shroob

Sup?
"**** gets worse" should be the subtitle of the game tbh.

Also, I got Nern, and.....

Say, do you got any small tips to help me on my journey? Just gameplay tips if you can.
Sure do.

Oh, hello there! My name is Nern. I'm considered the greatest historian of our time... I've gathered a wealth of knowledge about Olathe and what happened here. Many tales... Would you like to hear? Hmm... I wish you were more enthusiastic... Oh well, I'll tell you anyway. Let's see.... Oh right! It all started with what I like to call, THE FLASH. I was sitting with my wife, god rest her soul, sipping on sweet lemon tea. I believe it was homemade by my sweet wife, God rest her soul. Or wait... Maybe she bought it from the store in a bottle. You know, like a plastic bottle? Well hold on now, that would be ridiculous to buy a bottle of sweet lemon tea, then transfer the contents into a glass. Why not just drink it from the bottle? I guess maybe so she could put ice in the glass? But then again, making tea homemade would be just as time consuming, if not more! That sneaky *****... Anyway, I'll save that story for later! So, I'm sitting on my porch drinking sweet lemon tea. From a glass of course, ho ho! When suddenly... A great strangeness fills my body... Something was wrong... I've lived many years, and I've never felt something like this before. Do you know what it was? Yup! It was my rocking chair! That wooden son of a gun stopped rocking! So I looked down and realized a little rock had gotten caught beneath my chair! A rock under my rocking chair! What a day! I decided it was time for bed, I had had a little bit too much excitement for one day! Hoho! I slid into my jammies, brushed my teeth, and said my prayers. As I was climbing into bed I noticed my wife, God rest her soul, brushing her hair in the bathroom. As I peered across the hall my body swelled up with emotion... "Why can't I be married to an attractive woman?" "Is it me?" "My bank account?" I'm a tall guy, I workout forty minutes a week... Is that not enough? Now my neighbor at the time, Tom Forknight, was very short. His wife, Karen Forknight-Plateburger... Yeah, one of THOSE women. Well, she was more attractive than my wife. I'd say she was a soft six, whereas my wife was a hard four. What's the deal? I thought women liked tall men? Why was Karen with him? Anyway my horse of a wife, God rest her soul, crawled into bed next to me. She decided to leave the bedside light on so she could read her book. It was one of her romance novels again... Give me a break... As if I don't already feel inadequate enough... Not only do I have to compete with Tom, now I have to deal with these fictional hunks! Ay yai yai! At this point I had already suppressed the urges of intimacy, I rolled over and tried to sleep. Her bedside light was only of minor annoyance. I was able to drift off... Then I woke up to a big flash of light. That's about it... If you really want to hear another story I'll tell you. Once upon a hot summer night. Sometime in July... Was it July? My local grocery store sells really good eggs in July. I don't know why. Do chickens operate better in heat? Fireworks maybe? I don't know. I don't want to get off topic. Point is, the eggs that Summer were marvelous! Anyway, my wife and I, God rest her soul, went to a BBQ that night. It was held at Dale Spooner's house. Well, his backyard... Conny Spooner doesn't want people in her home, I think she's just an uptight *****. So at this BBQ I see none other than... That's right, Tom Forknight... Now earlier in the day wife, God rest her soul, had made potato salad for the BBQ. Personally I hate potato salad, I'm a mashed kind of fellow. Hoho! So I sat in the TV room avoiding her till the BBQ. Once we were at the party, I made sure to distance myself from my dumb potato ***** wife. God rest her soul, I just didn't want anyone to think I would associate with someone that would bring a potato salad! Anyway, Tom and his above mediocre wife were already there. And get this, they brought a fruit salad! With whipped cream! The nerve of those Forknights! Needless to say I gave my wife, God rest her soul, a couple choice words About whipped cream! Versus potato salad! God dammit! Son of a *****! A real tongue lashing!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Sure do.

Oh, hello there! My name is Nern. I'm considered the greatest historian of our time... I've gathered a wealth of knowledge about Olathe and what happened here. Many tales... Would you like to hear? Hmm... I wish you were more enthusiastic... Oh well, I'll tell you anyway. Let's see.... Oh right! It all started with what I like to call, THE FLASH. I was sitting with my wife, god rest her soul, sipping on sweet lemon tea. I believe it was homemade by my sweet wife, God rest her soul. Or wait... Maybe she bought it from the store in a bottle. You know, like a plastic bottle? Well hold on now, that would be ridiculous to buy a bottle of sweet lemon tea, then transfer the contents into a glass. Why not just drink it from the bottle? I guess maybe so she could put ice in the glass? But then again, making tea homemade would be just as time consuming, if not more! That sneaky *****... Anyway, I'll save that story for later! So, I'm sitting on my porch drinking sweet lemon tea. From a glass of course, ho ho! When suddenly... A great strangeness fills my body... Something was wrong... I've lived many years, and I've never felt something like this before. Do you know what it was? Yup! It was my rocking chair! That wooden son of a gun stopped rocking! So I looked down and realized a little rock had gotten caught beneath my chair! A rock under my rocking chair! What a day! I decided it was time for bed, I had had a little bit too much excitement for one day! Hoho! I slid into my jammies, brushed my teeth, and said my prayers. As I was climbing into bed I noticed my wife, God rest her soul, brushing her hair in the bathroom. As I peered across the hall my body swelled up with emotion... "Why can't I be married to an attractive woman?" "Is it me?" "My bank account?" I'm a tall guy, I workout forty minutes a week... Is that not enough? Now my neighbor at the time, Tom Forknight, was very short. His wife, Karen Forknight-Plateburger... Yeah, one of THOSE women. Well, she was more attractive than my wife. I'd say she was a soft six, whereas my wife was a hard four. What's the deal? I thought women liked tall men? Why was Karen with him? Anyway my horse of a wife, God rest her soul, crawled into bed next to me. She decided to leave the bedside light on so she could read her book. It was one of her romance novels again... Give me a break... As if I don't already feel inadequate enough... Not only do I have to compete with Tom, now I have to deal with these fictional hunks! Ay yai yai! At this point I had already suppressed the urges of intimacy, I rolled over and tried to sleep. Her bedside light was only of minor annoyance. I was able to drift off... Then I woke up to a big flash of light. That's about it... If you really want to hear another story I'll tell you. Once upon a hot summer night. Sometime in July... Was it July? My local grocery store sells really good eggs in July. I don't know why. Do chickens operate better in heat? Fireworks maybe? I don't know. I don't want to get off topic. Point is, the eggs that Summer were marvelous! Anyway, my wife and I, God rest her soul, went to a BBQ that night. It was held at Dale Spooner's house. Well, his backyard... Conny Spooner doesn't want people in her home, I think she's just an uptight *****. So at this BBQ I see none other than... That's right, Tom Forknight... Now earlier in the day wife, God rest her soul, had made potato salad for the BBQ. Personally I hate potato salad, I'm a mashed kind of fellow. Hoho! So I sat in the TV room avoiding her till the BBQ. Once we were at the party, I made sure to distance myself from my dumb potato ***** wife. God rest her soul, I just didn't want anyone to think I would associate with someone that would bring a potato salad! Anyway, Tom and his above mediocre wife were already there. And get this, they brought a fruit salad! With whipped cream! The nerve of those Forknights! Needless to say I gave my wife, God rest her soul, a couple choice words About whipped cream! Versus potato salad! God dammit! Son of a *****! A real tongue lashing!
You know, this post make alot sense.

But still, curse you and your race of purple shrooms.

Shroob

Sup?
You know, this post make alot sense.

But still, curse you and your race of purple shrooms.
Anyway though, IMO, I'd just take it slow and not be afraid to grind.

Also, my own personal preference, but to not use any characters who can get the "Addicted" status, but that's just my own deal since I found it managing them easier.

IIRC, you get a special ending for not having Brad use any Joy, I think, I don't remember 100%.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Also, my own personal preference, but to not use any characters who can get the "Addicted" status, but that's just my own deal since I found it managing them easier.

IIRC, you get a special ending for not having Brad use any Joy, I think, I don't remember 100%.
There is indeed a Joyless ending, so I see what I can do.

Just got Olan too, gonna try to level up him & Nern when I can.

Thanks for the help, amigo.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Look the point is it’s funny that these awful characters are in the background of a looney tunes movie. That’s it. It’s kinda funny.

There’s no need to Pearl clutch over it. And as previously stated kids media references adult media all the time, so this isn’t new. It’s just, once again, kinda strange and funny.
Reminder that there was a very blatant South Park parody in Arthur.

Shroob

Sup?
There is indeed a Joyless ending, so I see what I can do.

Just got Olan too, gonna try to level up him & Nern when I can.

Thanks for the help, amigo.
As a heads up

There's parts in the game where the lives of your party members are on the line, and when they die, they'll be dead for good. Always remember to be selfless, even if it may cost you say, and arm or a leg..... hint.

Double K

Smash Lord

It's a character if Brad has used less than 4 Joy pellets.

One of the addicts has the second highest DPS in the game while Joyed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom