• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
We should’ve gotten a LEGO Space Jam game
But and to make it interesting, have Michael Jordan in non-Lego form. Like throwing one of those WWE wrestling figures into Lego sort of thing.

We need so many Lego games right now and so many I want to see. Sonic, James Bond, FIFA (Don't judge me), Fast and Furious, Futurama etc.

A Clockwork Orange world sound so wrong. So, so very wrong. How could they make that wrong given the nature of the droogs?
Aw man it would be so messed up. I've been told to read the book instead by so many people.

Also Mad Max world. We need that too.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Background cameos or not, I still can't believe they'd have R-rated characters like Pennywise and the Droogs in a family film. A FAMILY FILM! You know for children and their parents to enjoy!

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
But and to make it interesting, have Michael Jordan in non-Lego form. Like throwing one of those WWE wrestling figures into Lego sort of thing.

We need so many Lego games right now and so many I want to see. Sonic, James Bond, FIFA (Don't judge me), Fast and Furious, Futurama etc.
LEGO games are the best kind of games.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
ATLUS being considered as "big" tells a lot about the dedicated JRPG developers that aren't Square Enix.
I mean, Square bought Enix so who else is even left that’s primarily known for RPGs? Like… Capcom and Namco have a handful of RPG franchises but it’s not what they’re primarily known for. What’s left, Bethesda?

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Thought you were gonna say Sly Cooper.

This is the superior outcome.
Legit I actually really love that game, despite the fact everyone hates it lol.

I gotta track down another copy at some point.

For some reason, I was sure you were going to say Rhythm Thief before opening the spoiler tag.
Speaking of Rhythm Thief, I always liked its art style.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
I mean, Square bought Enix so who else is even left that’s primarily known for RPGs? Like… Capcom and Namco have a handful of RPG franchises but it’s not what they’re primarily known for. What’s left, Bethesda?
Bethesda is trash now.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Background cameos or not, I still can't believe they'd have R-rated characters like Pennywise and the Droogs in a family film. A FAMILY FILM! You know for children and their parents to enjoy!
Are we just gonna act like Wreck-It Ralph didn't have several Mortal Kombat characters in it with one of them ripping a zombie's heart out?

MooMew64

Tons of companies make RPGs, I wouldn't say you need to be known for a genre to be able to make a game for it.

Bethesda is trash now.
That's really extreme, but okay.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Are we just gonna act like Wreck-It Ralph didn't have several Mortal Kombat characters in it with one of them ripping a zombie's heart out?
That was a simply a character based on Kano and not the actual character himself. Didn't recall any MK characters being in the film otherwise.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
And? It's not like children will immediately rush watching those films just because of those cameos. I don't think the moral panic is warranted.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
And? It's not like children will immediately rush watching those films just because of those cameos. I don't think the moral panic is warranted.
I still think it's kinda messed up especially given Pennywise's (Devours children) and the Droog's (Actual rapists) nature.

Last edited:

MooMew64

I mean, seeing as how mature characters who cross over into children's media never bring what makes their home series mature with them, I don't see the harm in it.

Like, it's a nod for the big kids watching/playing, so like, I think it's harmless?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Game Freak, obviously...............

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I still think it's kinda messed up especially given Pennywise's and the Droog's nature.
Referencing R-rated movies in kids films is nothing new, know how many films referenced the fava beans line from Silence of the Lambs? i know at least sequels to Garfield and Alvin and the Chipmunks did

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Tons of companies make RPGs, I wouldn't say you need to be known for a genre to be able to make a game for it.

That's really extreme, but okay.
I mean yeah but we were asking for a Square Equivalent
I still don’t get why you care so much. Their presence doesn’t instantly make TVs film r rated and it’s not like these kids don’t already know who these characters are. It’s the Internet Age. You can’t keep anything a secret from anyone.
Bethesda is trash now.
What mega corporation game company isn’t trash.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
That was a simply a character based on Kano and not the actual character himself. Didn't recall any MK characters being in the film otherwise.
That doesn't change the argument.
It's a character that's very clearly identifiable as being a homage to Kano and there's a very obvious Mortal Kombat Ninja homage too.
Just because they're not called "Kano" or "Smoke" doesn't change the fact that they're heavily referencing Mortal Kombat.

Hell you're on a forum for a kid's video game that features Bayonetta and Solid Snake.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
I mean yeah but we were asking for a Square Equivalent

I still don’t get why you care so much. Their presence doesn’t instantly make TVs film r rated and it’s not like these kids don’t already know who these characters are. It’s the Internet Age. You can’t keep anything a secret from anyone.

What mega corporation game company isn’t trash.
EA, but it's hot garbage. It's not simply garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom