• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
I suck at writing. I always get sixties in English on my writing assignments.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Okay:
I wasn't expecting to fight a Hulkbuster armor as the boss of this Jail, but that's pretty awesome with Rivers in the desert.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
On the contrary, keep thinking your not that good so that you'll never become hot **** and think that your work doesn't need to improve.

I rather think I'm bad and keep striving for perfection rather than thinking I'm perfect and plateuing.
To be fair that was more of an attempt to say keep it up. My words messed up there.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Why are all the games that end in five so good?
Final Fantasy V
Persona V
GTA V

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
The GBA’s remake library:
Yoshi’s Island
Super Mario World
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy V
Final Fantasy VI
A Link to the Past
Mario Bros.
Mario 3
Mario 2
Final Fantasy
Final Fantasy II
A whole lot more, the library’s pretty much just remakes of games.
I think it was because the GBA was considered a handheld Super Nintendo which was revolutionary at one point and Nintendo wanted to prove that point.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
I think it was because the GBA was considered a handheld Super Nintendo which was revolutionary at one point and Nintendo wanted to prove that point.
It does have an inferior sound chip. But, GBA game’s music has its own feel thanks to it. But, so many soundtracks got butchered like Battle on the Big Bridge, and Dancing Mad.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Holy **** the boss music that plays when the hulk buster breaks down and you have to fight Tony stark without the mech, this song is amazing, another thing in the "I want this with Joker if he comes back in a future smash game" pile,this song is amazing.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
The golden age of FF villains was between V and VII IMO.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Wasn’t Garland in FFIX as well?
FFIX has a Garland as IX was originally intended to be a spin-off celebrating the series history. It has an inordinate amount of allusions to past titles, especially the first Final Fantasy as a result.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
If we're getting an Undertale rep, it would be Papyrus. Distantly following him is Toriel, then Undyne.

I'm one of the few people who would unironically prefer Frisk as the choice for an UT rep, but Min Min and Pythra have basically confirmed for me that a more intresting side character will trump a boring main character.
I think Frisk could be interesting; there’s this moveset and stuff made by Playcenter: https://twitter.com/playcenterwd/status/1361806736831750144?s=21

It seems cool imo, using the different weapons + there was a LV gimmick that affected stats (I think?) and changed some moves to fit Pacifist, Neutral or Genocide depending on how you played to affect the LV meter.

Frisk and Chara themselves are interesting too imo, with Chara having their backstory + possibly lingering alongside Frisk (of course that’s unconfirmed though and just seems evident in the game), and Frisk having loads of Determination and being a bit of a mystery as it’s not explained why they’re there and why they may choose to stay with Toriel at the end.

Although I’d love Sans & Papyrus in Smash just as much as Frisk & Chara, just wanted to share my thoughts on them.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
FFIX has a Garland as IX was originally intended to be a spin-off celebrating the series history. It has an inordinate amount of allusions to past titles, especially the first Final Fantasy as a result.
I’m glad it was its own standalone game.
Dawn of Souls’s FFI was the true celebration and as a result, has four optional dungeons that have bosses from III, IV, V, and VI
The four dark fiends of FFIII (Cerberus {Wind}, Two-Headed Dragon {Fire}, Echidna {Water}, Ahriman {Earth})
The four arch fiends of FFIV (Scarmiglione, Cagnazzo, Barbarricia, Rubicante)
The four recurring characters introduced in FFV (Gilgamesh, Atomos, Omega, Shinryu)
Four bosses from FFVI
(Typhon, Orthros, Phantom Train, Death Gaze)

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The Sakurai presentation will start with him hitting everyone over the head for being too horny.
To those who were horny or talked about boobs, you all asked for it!
These bonks ain't gonna stop my Sakurai needs
I just reached the point in Persona 5 Strikers where Zenkichi gets his Persona (does it count as a spoiler if it's in the game's advertising?), and he's fun to play as. While I don't think we'll be getting a Persona 5 Arena game (I'm guessing that Strikers is meant as P5's equivalent to Arena, since it's a continuation of the story with a different developer and genre), I'd love to see Arc System Works make a game with Persona 5's unique style.

I'm not sure how big the roster would be. The eight "core" Phantom Thieves, plus the two who are added in Royal, the two who are added in Strikers, and the Velvet Room attendant(s) would make for thirteen playable characters already (assuming that Futaba is playable, since Rise was a non-combatant-turned-playable character in P4A - whether it's Caroline and Justine or Lavenza, I think they'd act as one character), which seems like a lot if they're starting from scratch. Having aged-up versions of Persona 4 characters would be great (given their ties to the police, Yu, Naoto, and Chie seem like a must if they're going that route), but maybe they'd save that for Persona 5 Arena Treasure Edition or something like that.

I haven't played much of Persona 4 Arena, but so far, the biggest issue that I've noticed is that, since the entire roster consists of good guys (at least in the original game), the reasons for them to fight in story mode seem rather questionable. (for example, both Yu and Yukiko know that they're being manipulated, have a rough idea of how they're being manipulated, and yet they fight all-out anyway) Maybe a conflict between the Persona 4 cast (who act as an Investigation Team) and the Persona 5 cast (who are the Phantom Thieves) would do a better job at justifying it, but that seems like it would balloon the roster by quite a bit. (bare minimum, that's another eight or nine characters, depending on whether or not Marie counts - I haven't played Persona 4 Golden)
Sojiro, Kawakami, Sae, Takemi, and Maruki tho
I just want a P5A so we can get aged up P4 gang, the only one we see in the present day is Rise on a advertisement in P5, i want to see the rest of the gang.
and I just want to play as Makoto in Smash now....and normal best girl Makoto instead of a Mii
Out of context P5S spoiler:

View attachment 305792
If you know, you know.
even Zenkichi deserves a better name...like...Big Daddy Z
That's their entire attitude in the early game tbh
**** the police as well

Last edited:

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Once you start playing one Final Fantasy game, you can’t stop playing that one game. For me, it’s the NES version of FFIII. I wanna play V, VI, IV, and IX but my body’s like “no you’re gonna play this one”

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Sophie's theme music "The ai and her heart" I think it's called sounds like a reminicse theme from Ace attorney, i can just imagine this playing immediately after Phoenix solves a psyche lock and a character reveals their painful backstory.
Ace attorney thief.jpg

Relevant official art work of Phoenix wright as a phantom thief.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Sophie's theme music "The ai and her heart" I think it's called sounds like a reminicse theme from Ace attorney, i can just imagine this playing immediately after Phoenix solves a psyche lock and a character reveals their painful backstory.
View attachment 305793
Relevant official art work of Phoenix wright as a phantom thief.
Codename: Turnabout

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
My gripes with Mario RPG:
All active party members share the same MP pool and the only way to upgrade MP is by collecting flowers.
The game is kinda easy, the final boss only has 8000 HP that’s shared amongst his heads.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
My gripes with Mario RPG:
All active party members share the same MP pool and the only way to upgrade MP is by collecting flowers.
The game is kinda easy, the final boss only has 8000 HP that’s shared amongst his heads.
8000 HP is quite a lot for the way the game's stats scale.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Did you take on the secret boss?
Culex only has approximately 13,000 HP. Neo Exdeath has like, 200,000. Safer Sephiroth has 1,500,000. Mario RPG bosses are ******* compared to actual FF bosses.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Culex only has approximately 13,000 HP. Neo Exdeath has like, 200,000. Safer Sephiroth has 1,500,000. Mario RPG bosses are ******* compared to actual FF bosses.
Looking at numbers out of context is a poor way to construct arguments. Higher numbers don't equate to higher difficulty unless damage outputs and other statistical variables are comparable. The first Paper Mario's superboss has 99 HP but the challenge it provides is comparable to some of the harder FF bosses simply because dealing double digit damage in Paper Mario works out the same as dealing thousands of HP in FF. All this is still only scratching the surface looking just at HP. The Adamantoise in FFXV has several million HP but it's not a difficult fight, only a long one.

Big numbers really only make things look cool and exaggerate stat growth.

Last edited:

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Looking at numbers out of context is a poor way to construct arguments. Higher numbers don't equate to higher difficulty unless damage outputs and other statistical variables are comparable. The first Paper Mario's superboss has 99 HP but the challenge it provides is comparable to some of the harder FF bosses simply because dealing double unit damage in Paper Mario works out the same as dealing a thousands of HP in FF. All this is still only scratching the surface looking just at HP. The Adamantoise in FFXV has several million HP but it's not a difficult fight, only a long one.

Big numbers really only make things look cool and exaggerate stat growth.
Wow. That is a reasonable argument. Exdeath’s second encounter in FFV is hard, because he has thousands of HP, hits hard physically, and knows tons of spells like Death.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I might be less active after the release of Pyra. Really only for personal reasons, I've been dealing with a depression thing since about October and I should probably start seeking a therapist. If I can afford one, anyway. I've been pretty quiet about it since I'm just a dude on the internet who doesn't wanna spill his troubles all the time and I doubt there's many who's that interested in my life, I say a lot more things that I regret than I do that makes me seem likable, I guess.

Anyways, I've been thinking about opening a bar or becoming a bartender at least once I hit the big 21. It's kinda like a side passion, I guess. :nifty:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If the concert rumor isn’t real and Mythra takes one of the four slots, I would bet that the final characters are crash and Legends Trainer. With the gimmick of Legends trainer being they actually fight alongside their Pokémon, differentiating them from Pokémon trainer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom