• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

tbh I like eating fast food like mcdonalds sometimes, they're delicious.

Not the big meaty burgers though, it's more of the fries and nuggets at places like Five Guys and Chick Fil A that are really good

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I do have a habit of going to five guys or places where I can get a burger and fries and putting some fries on my burger.

It's not an uncommon thing or anything but I love it. My burgers usually don't have too much on them anyways, so it's not being stacked up ridiculously or anything.

D

Deleted member

For fast food, Chick Fil A and Wendy's hold a special place in my heart.

The others? I could take em or leave em. Or, I flat out hate them... like KFC, as I said before haha.
We have a small local chain called Ritzy's near where we live and I love the place, the fries taste amazing.

there's only like 3 locations left though....

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Of all the fast food places, Burger King happens to be the one I enjoy most, eat the least. Mostly because it's a half hour excursion to get to my nearest one.

The commercials... are okay but none of them compare to this vintage commercial:

Unrelated but my internet crashed trying to upload this. No doubt it’s a omen of some sort... or a coincidence.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Random off topic thought: Out of all the misdirectedness of Nintendo from time to time, I'm surprised they've never taken down wikis and stuff. You'd think with how uptight they are they would try and bring that side down.

Or engage in a legal court battle with Fandom since indirectly through wikis they are making money off info for their properties.
------------------------------------------------------------
Favourite fast food?

Burger King, Five Guys, (when I'm in the US) Chick-Fil-A but favourite place is Yo Sushi.
It ain't fast food but once the world gets back to a near normal I'm so going to it and getting a big beef bowl with a California roll, expand my tastes.

Nowadays I'm more of a bakery and street food place guy now.

Last edited:

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Fast food?
Whataburger for sure. Dairy Queen and Chick fil A are also really good. And Burger King cause I ate there constantly when I was a kid lol.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
My all time favourite place is Yo Sushi. It ain't fast food but once the world gets back to a near normal I'm so going to it and getting a big beef bowl with a California roll, expand my tastes.
Yeah, sushi is awesome. Shame that the only people in my house who can enjoy it are me and my dad, who’s been working out of state for the last couple of months (he comes home tonight, and leaves back to work on Monday morning). My mom and older brother are allergic, and my niece has been fighting to refuse anything that doesn’t remotely reassemble sweets.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Random off topic thought: Out of all the misdirectedness of Nintendo from time to time, I'm surprised they've never taken down wikis and stuff. You'd think with how uptight they are they would try and bring that side down.

Or engage in a legal court battle with Fandom since indirectly through wikis they are making money off info for their properties.
------------------------------------------------------------
Favourite fast food?

Burger King, Five Guys, (when I'm in the US) Chick-Fil-A but favourite place is Yo Sushi.
It ain't fast food but once the world gets back to a near normal I'm so going to it and getting a big beef bowl with a California roll, expand my tastes.

Nowadays I'm more of a bakery and street food place guy now.
Nintendo really only has a problem with fan games. A few years back they announced some free use licensing deal for something to do with Nico Nico and I think the only thing they specified their characters couldn't be used for was fan games. Fan art, let's plays, music and I think even fan animations were okay with them.

D

Deleted member

-----------------------------------------------------------
I imagine taking down wikias is just not worth the effort for them as they're not actively messing with Nintendo's stuff directly, just simply taking the data they have and cataloging it. You can't copyright data strings, and honestly taking down a wikia vs a mod is a much bigger deal. Very few people have the know-how to mod their console, but just about anyone can go onto google and search for "(insert nintendo franchise here) wiki"

Last edited by a moderator:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Hopefully Chick-Fil-A makes the way to my side of the Atlantic cause to me they are the best. Plus the grilled nuggets.

If anything though and off topic, I miss the atmosphere of places over in the US like in restaurants and stuff as it felt more alive. And this is coming from someone who hates crowds.
I'll be back on that side of the Atlantic one day.

I imagine taking down wikias is just not worth the effort for them as they're not actively messing with Nintendo's stuff directly, just simply taking the data they have and cataloging it. You can't copyright data strings, and honestly taking down a wikia vs a mod is a much bigger deal. Very few people have the know-how to mod their console but just about anyone can go onto google and search for "(insert nintendo franchise here) wiki"
To be fair I just want Fandom to do something wrong cause their website design have been going down the ****ter for years. Even with adblock it's a pain to navigate now and too many issues to list. Smash Wiki is easy to use, get around and not overwhelming on the eyes, Bulbapedia as well. Fandom is not.

Yeah, sushi is awesome. Shame that the only people in my house who can enjoy it are me and my dad, who’s been working out of state for the last couple of months (he comes home tonight, and leaves back to work on Monday morning). My mom and older brother are allergic, and my niece has been fighting to refuse anything that doesn’t remotely reassemble sweets.
At least places are open like that in the US. My country is in lockdown for another six weeks.

Still, got my instant ramen to keep me going a while and could probably make some at home if I tried.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I've put nearly 1000 hours into Smash ultimate somehow, none of my other Switch games even come close to this.

Of all the fast food places, Burger King happens to be the one I enjoy most, eat the least. Mostly because it's a half hour excursion to get to my nearest one.
Personally Burger king is one i enjoy the least, mainly because after hurricane Maria while the island was reccovering it was like the only thing we had to eat for like 2 months in my general area and i got sick of the fries, still am to this day.

I would rather eat at Wendy's. With Mc donalds being in between the two.

As for Chicken places my general preferences are from favorite to least favorite:
1.Popeyes
2.KFC
3.Churches

ILOVE the biscuits in Popeyes, that **** taste amazing. And i love the flavor of the fries there too, it's generally the fast food place i eat at the most because i love how the food there tastes and the texture of the chicken.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I've put nearly 1000 hours into Smash ultimate somehow, none of my other Switch games even come close to this.
this is me but with GMOD lol
my computer can barely run it and yet I somehow have 600+ hours

Last edited by a moderator:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Chick Fil A has been the on,y fast food place I’ve been allowed to eat (as I twas banned from McDonalds after my 50 seizures back during RoS day...damn you 4 straight days of chicken sandwiches, no naps, loud children, driving alone, and my very first concussion)

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
The only fast food I actively like is Taco Bell.

Wendy's, Sonic, Dairy Queen, and Carl's Jr. all have good ice cream, but I don't consider ice cream to be "fast food".

Hell, I literally eat the same thing 80% of the time due to my remedial cooking skills. Home made burritos. Every Friday is pizza and booze night.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Wow, Metroid did get acknowledged.
We joke about how Metroid gets ignored, but it's actually a pretty small franchise.
Donkey Kong still only has 3 characters despite being Nintendo's fourth largest IP after Mario, Pokémon, and Zelda.

Noipoi

Howdy!
We joke about how Metroid gets ignored, but it's actually a pretty small franchise.
Donkey Kong still only has 3 characters despite being Nintendo's fourth largest IP after Mario, Pokémon, and Zelda.
I dunno.

I mean DK’s certainly got the legacy, and I’d never deny its importance to Nintendo, but is Donkey Kong really one of their biggest modern franchises? I’d argue Animal Crossing, Splatoon, maybe even Fire Emblem are bigger right now.

Shroob

Sup?
It's so weird to see people here pine for Chick Fila when I can eat chicken sandwiches easily without giving money to people who want me dead
My boomer parents don't know

But at the same time, if they bring me a sandwich, well times are hard, not going to toss out perfectly edible food when I'm struggling to get by as is.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
It's so weird to see people here pine for Chick Fila when I can eat chicken sandwiches easily without giving money to people who want me dead
That's the first thought I had about Chic-Fil-A.
I never ate there in the first place, because I'm a vegetarian, but I wholeheartedly agree with boycotting businesses that do scummy things.
I stopped eating Papa John's after John fired several workers to protest Obamacare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom