• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

My entire family is getting back into pokemon go and I'm just standing here like
download (8).jpeg

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I thought I had seen art, until this. Also your camera is fine, mines is just as ****.

How much did that set you back?
Hm, I paid around $35 every two weeks for eight weeks IIRC.

I wouldn't have bought it otherwise if I had to drop a large sum right off the bat. This is also the first big statue that I own. Was it a dumb purchase? Yes. Am I still really happy with it tho?

Yes

D

Deleted member

Billy and Julie's engrish in the JP version of Bakugan is so off-the-walls bad it took me by surprise at first, but I love it.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Sony is apparently refunding a lot of people for Cyberpunk.

Never was too interested in the game myself but it's a shame to see how it turned out, especially given how long it's been in development for.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So just watching The Game Awards GOTY medleys.

Gotta say that 2019 is probably the best one by far, not only for Smash but The Outer Worlds (my 2020 GOTY), Death Stranding and Control (probably the next game I'm getting). 2020 was good but too electronicky while 2017 didn't have as great transitions between themes. Plus 2018's just felt off.

Kinda wished we had more years like last where it didn't seem like one clear winner but any could have been up for grabs.

Also to ask Resident Evil fans basing off this, but did the games soundtrack always have a rock theme to it? If yes you have piqued my interest.

Hm, I paid around $35 every two weeks for eight weeks IIRC.

I wouldn't have bought it otherwise if I had to drop a large sum right off the bat. This is also the first big statue that I own. Was it a dumb purchase? Yes. Am I still really happy with it tho?

Yes
Now that is a mindset............that I approve of.

"Is it dumb purchase? Yes. Am I happy about it? Yes."

Kinda like me buying games I don't eventually play. It's a good purchase. Better than buying alcohol all the time.

Do you have a Makoto, then?

I need to know that I'm not alone
Ah you are a Makoto fanboy? You aren't the only one.

Never was too interested in the game myself but it's a shame to see how it turned out, especially given how long it's been in development for.
Raises hand

Might see about doing it.

View attachment 295397

WELP. The F1 games are forever doomed now
................................****. Last thing I want is for EA to have a major foothold in the UK.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Personally I think the game was a bit too ambitious to succeed. I'm not surprised it failed this badly. Not really interested in sci-fi either, so I wasn't gonna get it either. Give me a fantasy, cartoon styled game any day of the week over sci-fi.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Wademan94 Wademan94 So, I tried out the current release for Sonic Duel. It's a lot rougher (like, a lot rougher) than the footage of the current build that's in development on the YT channel, but it's a decent enough time for a Smash mod. Out of all the characters I've played so far, Sticks is probably the most broken somehow. Like, I can't believe Sticks of all characters is busted, but she kinda is: Her FSmash is just Link's bow but with tons of knockback.

Super Sonic's also busted too, but IMO he doesn't count 'cause it's Super Sonic, lol.
Huh, interesting. What’s the rest of her moveset like? All I could find online so far was her Final Smash

D

Deleted member

Ah yes my favorite kind of weapon: the one that spews 100+ pellets per millisecond

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Changed my avi to best goat dad, Asgore.

Hope we see more of him in Deltarune & that we see more of his quality instead of his flaws, he deserve more love.
Asgore's a neat character.
I'm hoping to see more Asriel in DR as well. Since he has his REAL body instead of being stuck in his Flowey form like in UT, he's got more liberty to his character in this alternate scenario/timeline/whatever you wanna call it. He could also play spoiler and foil to Kris well, since Azzy seems to be well-grounded, pure, and popular in the town, while Kris was less popular than their sibling at the start of DR 1, and by the end of DR 1 they seem to be turning evil/breaking bad.

Dutch Raikuna

Personally I think the game was a bit too ambitious to succeed. I'm not surprised it failed this badly. Not really interested in sci-fi either, so I wasn't gonna get it either. Give me a fantasy, cartoon styled game any day of the week over sci-fi.
Believe me dude, it was such a disappointment. A few hours in and it just feels like I'm playing something like Watch Dogs in first person and Deus Ex style killing. Feels like a parallel with a certain TLOU2, only this time I got duped.

I thought I had learn to hype responsibly after Final Fantasy XV but it turns out nope.

I'm tempted to refund it but I live in the UK which has nothing for PS Helpline except for a email form.

Oh, no; Makoto is actually my least favorite female party member (I still like her tho).

I was just asking Hadou if he had a figure of his Persona waifu lol.
Don't worry, we're still friends and I love Kasumi from what I hear.

I really should start Persona 5 Royal on the topic but can't get my ass to do it. Hmm. I must think of a plan.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Huh, interesting. What’s the rest of her moveset like? All I could find online so far was her Final Smash
Off the top of my head, her kit was something like this:

Her Nair is pretty much just her FSmash but slightly weaker: She fires an arrow straight ahead.

DAir is a spear twirl that she does in the air, it's pretty good.

Can't remember what UAir is off the top of my head. I think it was like her Dair, but aiming upwards?

Bair is a back kick, while I think Fair uses the spear.

Her Side B is her leaping forward and throwing a boomerang underneath her. It leaves her in special fall state.

Up B is similar to Piranha Plant's: She swings a spear really fast and hovers with it. Changing direction won't tilt her, though.

I'm forgetting what Down-B is, I'll have to check that later.

Neutral B is a boomerang throw, it's kinda laggy, though.

That's what I remember the best. I'll go play as her again in training mode after I get some lunch and I'll let you know more specifics.

D

Deleted member

Welp, literally all the furniture in my room is gone: it's all wood so there's a chance, albeit small, that bed bugs have buried into them, so it's just better to get rid of them entirely and completely cleanse the room instead of trying to clean the furniture and the room.

Next few weeks aren't gonna be fun either.... have so much stuff to do...

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Don't worry, we're still friends and I love Kasumi from what I hear.

I really should start Persona 5 Royal on the topic but can't get my ass to do it. Hmm. I must think of a plan.
It's definitely a time sink for sure.

I had played the vanilla version twice before and I still ended up putting in 110 hours for Royal.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Asgore's a neat character.
I'm hoping to see more Asriel in DR as well. Since he has his REAL body instead of being stuck in his Flowey form like in UT, he's got more liberty to his character in this alternate scenario/timeline/whatever you wanna call it. He could also play spoiler and foil to Kris well, since Azzy seems to be well-grounded, pure, and popular in the town, while Kris was less popular than their sibling at the start of DR 1, and by the end of DR 1 they seem to be turning evil/breaking bad.
I do want to see more of Asriel, even if it's not the same one from UT, but I feel Asgore need more attention 'cuz he isn't that popular compared to other from the main cast (probably due to shipping wars at the start of fandom & him the less amount of screentime of the bunch), or even Gaster/Chara. (Those two have so much fan comic/AU where they're important, you could almost forgot that we know very little about them in the OG game, hell, we don't even know for sure what Gaster look like as of now! Mystery Man still hasn't been 100% confirm as Gaster)

Tho, again, we don't know much of the real Asriel ( pre-Flowey in particular), and nothing stop Toby to show more of father & son (aswell as goatmom, since some peoples are starting tp feel like she could have got more attention in Undertale)

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Welp, literally all the furniture in my room is gone: it's all wood so there's a chance, albeit small, that bed bugs have buried into them, so it's just better to get rid of them entirely and completely cleanse the room instead of trying to clean the furniture and the room.

Next few weeks aren't gonna be fun either.... have so much stuff to do...
Wish you and your family the best of luck in getting the place straight again.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Just finished the Animaniacs reboot. It's gold! Although I really wish they had more of the segments back. I know they won't come back in Season 2, but if they get a third, they gotta bring back at the very least Slappy Squirrel and complete the trinity. But I also wanna see Rita and Runt, The Goodfeathers, Minerva Mink, Katie Ka-Boom, all of them! I could live without Chicken Boo 😉, Hip Hippos, and Buttons and Mindy though. And it would be great if they could incorporate Freakazoid like they originally wanted to. Not to mention some of the smaller bit segments like "Good Idea Bad Idea" and "Randy Beaman Kid". Also, bring back Hello Nurse. Just even out her proportions a bit and give her a modern nursing uniform and you're golden. She's such a badass!

These writers clearly have a lot of talent though, and with what they're currently using they're producing gold! There are one to many Trump jokes, but that's mainly because I just want to forget about him. I'm sure less traumatized people would love them.

And I will say, the new segments they've created, the one with the alien and the one with the Gnome, while they are funny I don't see them working well as recurring sketches. Leave them one and done.

D

Deleted member

Kingsisle giving free membership stuff to everyone during the 12 days of Christmas is cool and all... but only for Wizard101.. from what I can find they aren't even doing anything special for Pirate101.

Damn, they really don't care about Pirate101 anymore :nifty:

Dutch Raikuna

Honestly gonna see about refunding Cyberpunk. Put a bit of money for something like Control instead and The Outer Worlds DLC. Just can't get into it.

Ive played Royal 3 times for a total of 600 hours played
How? That's commitment to say.

It's definitely a time sink for sure.

I had played the vanilla version twice before and I still ended up putting in 110 hours for Royal.
Only played through P5 once and tried to start it twice but got distracted.

Probably gonna go for it again with Royal this week.

Dutch Raikuna

Just thinking about it now.

2020's GOTY nominees now has 4 Smash Bros characters in it (Villager, Isabelle, Cloud and Sephiroth), one potential could still happen (Doom Slayer) and one I'm betting will be one of the final extra spirit additions (Hades, if not something from the developers roster).

Man, I should get my ass off my laptop for a few hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom