• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Its impressive that Nintendo's twitter is now splatoon themed after what is technically not a full reveal. Which goes to show how strong the splatoon branding is.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Welp

I’ll be watching Chuggaaconroy’s play through a bit more closely now:nifty:
ABOTU THAT

IT'S THE SECOND TIME THAT CHUGGA LET'S PLAYING A XB GAME BEFORE A SMASH CHARACTER WAS REVEAL FOR THAT SERIES.

THIS MAN AS POWER FAR BEYOND OUR MORTALS MIND.

OR JUST REALY DAMN LUCKY, WHICH IS MORE LIKELY.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I still really really really wish Nintenndo would make the main idol group males now. Dear Nintendo, Male Idols exsist and have just as many fans, stop ignoring them
To be fair, I could see so many people complaining if the idols aren't the Splatoon equivalent of One Direction( Or other boy bands) or BTS. They would be way more annoying then the reactions a lot of groups had to this direct.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also prediction for the last two slots assuming not other DLC:

Crash at E3. Pokemon in August. Probably Toxcritity or Urshifu maybe.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Well my main group of IRL friends got something. One got Mario Golf, one got Splatoon 3 and another got Zelda Skyward Sword HD and FF Tactics style game. I of course got Smash. Like an early birthday present for me was that reveal.

Now onto the waiting game to see about my if BBC News will report it out of curiousity.

My only disappointment with the reveal is that they went with Azurda for the stage instead of something like Uraya or Mor Ardain. At least it wasn't Gormott, tho.

I can't wait for Sakurai's presentation on them!
That's what I thought. The Azurda stage is cool but there would have be more interesting choices like Uraya (especially the stomach), Letheria, or even the World Tree. Lack's a kick the others stages have had.

I'm really happy right now but for a sec I thought it was a sequel to Xenoblade 2 ( whispers of Monolith Softs new project is still at the top of my list) but then remembering ending.

Sorry if I'm being really annoying right now and I know a lot of people here don't care about XC2, but I'm just so freaking happy right now. This was exactly what I needed for what's been a pretty ****ty week.
I ****ing happy for you as well I really understand. Rex/Pyra were one of my most wanted so I'm tearing up still. Not being on here as much cause I'm informing friends IRL. Can't remember the last time I shouted that loud of happiness and felt like I was back to normal before the pandemic self.

We've gotten them my friend. We finally gotten a second Xenoblade rep. Talking about with friends I've now on here mean a lot. Sorry for the cringe but I'm content. Hear hear! So to Metal Shop X Metal Shop X as well.

1613606707715.png
Tried to find a non-alcoholic pic but this will do.

Really hope there's another direct before the fall. Because, like, did anyone else notice that nintendo themselves announced very little? Mostly DLC for existing games, and the one new title revealed doesn't come till next year. We still don't know what the rest of 2021 looks like for Nintendo.
Felt like the Direct lack the other one-two final hit of the end. We got Splatoon 3 but what else? Something to compliment the Diamond and Pearl remakes would be nice.

Lamperouge Lamperouge Metal Shop X Metal Shop X so yeah, now that Xenoblade 2 got a fighter in Smash I feel I should put Xenoblade Chronicles 2 a bit higher on my list of priorities.

Would need to see if there's any bundle available including both the main game and Torna as I heard the latter seriously improves the game by a mile.
You really should play it. That game really, really opened my eyes to the Switch. Nothing to me will ever, ever compare playing a game of that scale on a transatlantic on a handheld.

I'm tearing up.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I mean, I just think Pyra is cool with fire techniques and Mythra seems interesting enough. Roy is one of my favorite characters, so another fire sword user is fine by me.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
To be fair, I could see so many people complaining if the idols aren't the Splatoon equivalent of One Direction( Or other boy bands) or BTS. They would be way more annoying then the reactions a lot of groups had to this direct.
you joke but the Splatoon equivalent of BTS would bang hard

Last edited:
Reactions: Z25

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
There's something unwholesome about Ghosts n Goblins being a free game in the Capcom Arcade Stadium.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I've dealt with so much **** on here supporting a XC2 character after the Rex Mii costume happened so I must say that it's super ****ing satisfying for the naysayers to be proven wrong.
SAME

tho that said, if folks here don't care about the XB2 girls duo, like I said before, that's totally fine, we all got our own tastes.

BUT TO ANYONE READING, DON'T THROW **** AT ME NOW, I GOT MY CHARACTER, YOU CAN HAVE WHATEVER YOU WANT AND I BE HAPPY FOR YOU, YA KNOW?

ALSO I CAN POST THIS AGAIN FOR THE DAY.
LOVE YOU TOO Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Also prediction for the last two slots assuming not other DLC:

Crash at E3. Pokemon in August. Probably Toxcritity or Urshifu maybe.
Ah, yes, the worst timeline. :nifty: But the corporate one, so no point in daydreaming I guess.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It's like I always say.

Fan-rules are dumb and in the end Sakurai can literally add anyone.
True, although this kinda of confirms no mii costume promotions because there was reaally no reason to not bring Rex fully alongside them, but who knows.
you joke but the Splatoon equivalent of BTS would bang hard
I think different genres for any music each time could be pretty great. There's so much potential with how good the soundtrack is in Splatoon games.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy What's your opinion on the Ninja Gaiden collection?
Great collection. 3 of the best versions of some of my favorite games. There’s no losing in that. People may be upset that it’s not NG Black over Sigma but overall Sigma is a better looking and more polished game.

I mean look, I’m going to buy the collection no matter what. The main reason I’m excited to see them carried over to newer consoles is so that other people can get into the series. I’m gonna buy it no matter what, I just hope other people give it the time of day.

But yeah, best possible collection right there. Hoping it runs smooth and they pulled the gore back into Sigma 2 but that’s a wait and see thing.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Great collection. 3 of the best versions of some of my favorite games. There’s no losing in that. People may be upset that it’s not NG Black over Sigma but overall Sigma is a better looking and more polished game.

I mean look, I’m going to buy the collection no matter what. The main reason I’m excited to see them carried over to newer consoles is so that other people can get into the series. I’m gonna buy it no matter what, I just hope other people give it the time of day.

But yeah, best possible collection right there. Hoping it runs smooth and they pulled the gore back into Sigma 2 but that’s a wait and see thing.
I just wanted to know because I didn't really play the 3D ones.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Now i want to see Kpop stans spam Splatoon.

D

Deleted member

I wish Bold was still here because I'd love to know what he thought about the reveal considering Pyra/Mythra were among his most wanted too.

Sorry if I'm being really annoying right now and I know a lot of people here don't care about XC2, but I'm just so freaking happy right now. This was exactly what I needed for what's been a pretty ****ty week.
Hey man, if it makes you happy, don't apologize for it. Hype as much as you want. We're all doing it, I'm glad for you that there was something that made you happy about the Direct. And hell, it's damn a lot better than just being a negative nancy, spread that positive energy.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm not entirely sure about how I feel about Pyra and Mythra's inclusion - I haven't gotten far enough into Xenoblade Chronicles 2 to have encountered Mythra yet, and the game hasn't really hooked me as much as Xenoblade Chronicles 1 did. (the RNG/gatcha mechanics with the Blades don't really help, but I don't like any of the three main Drivers so far)

For me, this pass isn't as exciting as FP1 yet - ARMS never really grabbed me (even after the free trial), I hadn't played Minecraft in over a decade (the last time I played it, Alex and Endermen weren't in the game) though I get why it's an exciting addition, and while Sephiroth's inclusion was great, it also disqualified my most-wanted character and didn't contain content from any Final Fantasy games other than 7, so that put a damper on it.

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Now, Skyward Sword on Switch. I'm so happy for TheMightyP TheMightyP Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy and I as I'm sure the three of us really wanted that game on the Switch. I really like what they did with the controls, and the new joycons look really cool.
Yeah, I was not expecting that! I wonder how the new controls will feel.

Overall, I thought the Direct was pretty solid. Pyra & Mythra look great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom