• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Jamie Lyn Spears is hunting at a Zoey 101 Reboot and that would be weird ****.

Never watched the original so I don’t know much on it.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I HATE online dating.
"Hi, I'm 70% of women on these sites. I'm a nurse/teacher who loves dogs, football/hockey and hiking because it's ****ing Colorado. I don't care enough to fill in my political orientation. I want a man who's emotionally intelligent, loves Jesus, and can be my best friend. We can go to breweries and share the adventure known as life."
-_-

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
I wonder how people who prefer cats feel everytime Wademan posts about dogs.

That said, if you hate dogs, then I automatically don't like you.
I prefer cats, but when Wademan posts about dogs, I think "Yay dogs!" because I like dogs too. I've never had a dog but I really want one of those cute little friends someday. It'll feel weird because I'm so used to cats but it'll be fun!
So anyways, I have a confession.

I actually like Chihuahuas.
Chihuahuas are adorable sweeties who don't deserve the bad rap they get.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Look at these babies!!! I want them all!!
; u ; They're all do precious...they fill my heart with joy and then melt it...Goddamn, I have a thing for cute stuff, and when it's cute doggies and seals, I just can't take it...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
How do people afford to move out on their own? A 1 bedroom apartment around here costs ~$1400 a month. I don't actually even make that a month but even if I did in order to get an apartment you have to be earning 3x the price as a standard.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Finished Mario Galaxy.

The platforming is honestly the best out of the three, however, negative points on almost everything else. Galaxies and worlds being spread out are understandable giving they wanted to try new ideas, but there are so many forgettable levels in this game. One of the galaxies is literally just a mirrored palette swap of Honeyhive Galaxy. I can't even remember half of the galaxies off the top of my head, half the time a level selection's one-off gimmick level is the most memorable out of everything else. Not that all Galaxies were bad, but they were really forgettable for how short they were. It's like remembering 1-1 well but are you gonna remember what 5-1 was all about? Certain new power-ups definitely didn't have the proper time they needed since galaxies were so small as it is, using Spring Mario was really rare and sometimes feels forced in for the sake of needing to put it in more levels so you don't forget about its existence.

The boss fights that weren't Bowser were great. Fighting Bowser was a bore, I beat the final boss fight in literally less than two minutes. Certain puzzles and challenges were very creative for the Wii era, and despite ray surfing or gizmo ball rolling being absolute garbage, the concept was certainly there. The motion controls themselves on my Pro controller took some time to get used to but I eventually got the hang of it. But having a Wiimote as intended was definitely way more superior to the gyroscope. The controls were buttery smooth as well, but maybe too smooth, as momentum is hard to get in this game. Also, the camera was worse here than in Sunshine, it was so hard to control in spots where I needed it.

Overall I'm more disappointed and critical of this game since the last time I played it... when I was like, 11. It is a good game, but the contents of the game itself leave no real specific experiences that deeply connect like other worlds in Mario 64 or the memorable towns in Sunshine. My favorite Galaxy was Dreadnought Galaxy, but that's 60% me loving the concept and 40% me not knowing the names of other Galaxies.

A great platformer for Mario, but not a memorable Mario for me sadly. 7/10.

And now I'm done with all of the All-Stars games, with Sunshine being my favorite since 64 got a 7/10 for mostly dated technology and Sunshine was a solid 8. Maybe it's because Sunshine was the first videogame I ever owned and somehow that bias is coming back to me, but I honestly did prefer Sunshine as an actual game compared to the other 3D games here. Overall it's a bad collection, but a good collection of games, as all three are amazing titles.

I want a Zelda 3D All-Stars honestly, but it'll probably get hate because to bring OoT/WW/TP together they're gonna have to axe off Majora's Mask like how they did Galaxy 2, and people don't like you ****ing with Majora's Mask.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Finished Mario Galaxy.

The platforming is honestly the best out of the three, however, negative points on almost everything else. Galaxies and worlds being spread out are understandable giving they wanted to try new ideas, but there are so many forgettable levels in this game. One of the galaxies is literally just a mirrored palette swap of Honeyhive Galaxy. I can't even remember half of the galaxies off the top of my head, half the time a level selection's one-off gimmick level is the most memorable out of everything else. Not that all Galaxies were bad, but they were really forgettable for how short they were. It's like remembering 1-1 well but are you gonna remember what 5-1 was all about? Certain new power-ups definitely didn't have the proper time they needed since galaxies were so small as it is, using Spring Mario was really rare and sometimes feels forced in for the sake of needing to put it in more levels so you don't forget about its existence.

The boss fights that weren't Bowser were great. Fighting Bowser was a bore, I beat the final boss fight in literally less than two minutes. Certain puzzles and challenges were very creative for the Wii era, and despite ray surfing or gizmo ball rolling being absolute garbage, the concept was certainly there. The motion controls themselves on my Pro controller took some time to get used to but I eventually got the hang of it. But having a Wiimote as intended was definitely way more superior to the gyroscope. The controls were buttery smooth as well, but maybe too smooth, as momentum is hard to get in this game. Also, the camera was worse here than in Sunshine, it was so hard to control in spots where I needed it.

Overall I'm more disappointed and critical of this game since the last time I played it... when I was like, 11. It is a good game, but the contents of the game itself leave no real specific experiences that deeply connect like other worlds in Mario 64 or the memorable towns in Sunshine. My favorite Galaxy was Dreadnought Galaxy, but that's 60% me loving the concept and 40% me not knowing the names of other Galaxies.

A great platformer for Mario, but not a memorable Mario for me sadly. 7/10.

And now I'm done with all of the All-Stars games, with Sunshine being my favorite since 64 got a 7/10 for mostly dated technology and Sunshine was a solid 8. Maybe it's because Sunshine was the first videogame I ever owned and somehow that bias is coming back to me, but I honestly did prefer Sunshine as an actual game compared to the other 3D games here. Overall it's a bad collection, but a good collection of games, as all three are amazing titles.

I want a Zelda 3D All-Stars honestly, but it'll probably get hate because to bring OoT/WW/TP together they're gonna have to axe off Majora's Mask like how they did Galaxy 2, and people don't like you ****ing with Majora's Mask.
Idk about the levels being forgettable, while it's been DECADE since I last played SMG1 in not-English. I still remember the toy galaxy, with the giant Bowser toy you to climb up to destroy. Or the Haunted House Galaxy where you have to save Luigi. Or the gosh darn rolling ball missions. Or the one where you climb a tower to reach a Pokeball-like planet that you open to reveal the inside is made out of water. Etc...

Could be just me of course, since SMG1 was one of the first game I ever played, and I may need to give it another try in the future to see if my memories check out with reality, but for now, going to disagree on that one.

Also, the music is freakin' great, that I'm sure my nostalgia isn't tricking me, cuz I can still hear most of the themes in my head to this day.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Idk about the levels being forgettable, while it's been DECADE since I last played SMG1 in not-English. I still remember the toy galaxy, with the giant Bowser toy you to climb up to destroy. Or the Haunted House Galaxy where you have to save Luigi. Or the gosh darn rolling ball missions. Or the one where you climb a tower to reach a Pokeball-like planet that you open to reveal the inside is made out of water. Etc...
Like I said, the one-offs are more memorable to me than main ones. I remember the skeleton fish boss fight pretty well and the buoy base. They just really left no memorable impact on me because there's so little time you spend on them each.

Also, the music is freakin' great, that I'm sure my nostalgia isn't tricking me, cuz I can still hear most of the themes in my head to this day.
The music is pretty good, that's a point for it, the final boss theme is wicked if it weren't for the fight to not really be as intimidating.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Like I said, the one-offs are more memorable to me than main ones. I remember the skeleton fish boss fight pretty well and the buoy base. They just really left no memorable impact on me because there's so little time you spend on them each.

The music is pretty good, that's a point for it, the final boss theme is wicked if it weren't for the fight to not really be as intimidating.
Fair enough, to me, or atleast my younger self, the short amount time you stay in those galaxy didn't made them easy to forget. Thanks to the scenery, the music, the solid gameplay, some of the gimmicks in them (I do wish there more levels using the Boo power-up tho, cuz I always loved that power as a kid) etc... But again, those are memories from looooooong ago, so I may need to check on YouTube atleast and give the game a retry in the future to be 100% sure I'm not blinded with Nostalgia. 'cuz lord know it's easy to remember only the good moment and not the "meh" one. (the really bad one tend to stick more, like those DAMN rolling ball levels, or the super hard green star bonus level, can't remember if I finished a single one of those)

That all said, thanks for responding. Can't continue further since I'm at work, but your posts did made me interested in SMG1 again. Sooo if I replay the game sooner or later, I try to post my thoughts here... If I don't forget due to all the project and games I have on my back already.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I personally think the Galaxy games are Mario's best 3D outings. Sure, they aren't nearly as expansive and expressive as the games before it, and some galaxies definitely aren't created equal, but the moment to moment platforming challenges and each stage constantly introducing new gimmicks make them a really fun and joyful time for me. The aesthetics and music still hold up incredibly well, too.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Want to rain to go away. Need to get something to calm the gut a bit.

Also since 4am been barely able to sleep. Think I strained my neck. So a step forward, step back it seems.

On the good news been playing more Cold Steel 3. Have a week to go until 4 comes out. Think it'll be close.

D

Deleted member

College announced yesterday a reunion about the return to presential classes yesterday taking place today at 11am.

It is now 1pm and they still haven't shown up at the presentation.

Yikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom