• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So, it seems like the main design philosophy for the DLC characters are either:
Absurd range but subpar frame data.
Small disjoints but with godlike frame data.

And then there's Banjo and Plant.
Isn't Plant frama data alright?

Not the best but still quite decent all around? Especially on move like Bair?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I mean, I can't help but think our views on DLC characters are painted somewhat by the fact that they are DLC. Lots of base roster characters have things that are pretty nutty.

"Most of Mario's aerials are safe on shield and he gets easy platform extensions? What were they thinking?"
"Why is the hitbox of Bowser's Fair so crazy? And he has a frame 6 command grab that kills?"
"Pikachu"
"Samus's tether grab range is insane! And if she's supposed to be bad up close, why did they give her a frame 3 out of shield option?"

While many of the DLC characters are strong, we've only seen Joker and maybe Min Min really dominate the metagame. I don't think they're trying to overpower the characters on purpose and if they are, they haven't been doing an amazing job with it.

Terry's Jab is still stupid though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

All I know about frame data and all this technical stuff is that I know nothing about them :nifty:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Bair is 14 frames, dude.
Really?

Could sworn it wasn't too slow, but eh, maybe my memory is falling. That, or it's the hitbox being big enough that confused me.

Tho after a bit of research, it's noteworthy that patch 8.0.0 made Fair hit at frame 7, and all other aerial moves beside Bair hit before reaching double digit, so that's nice.

Really tho, I need more playtesting to be sure i'm not tricking myself. 'cuz I do remember some clunky aspect of Plant pre-patches. (and how dumb & good neutral B was)

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I mean, I can't help but think our views on DLC characters are painted somewhat by the fact that they are DLC. Lots of base roster characters have things that are pretty nutty.

"Most of Mario's aerials are safe on shield and he gets easy platform extensions? What were they thinking?"
"Why is the hitbox of Bowser's Fair so crazy? And he has a frame 6 command grab that kills?"
"Pikachu"
"Samus's tether grab range is insane! And if she's supposed to be bad up close, why did they give her a frame 3 out of shield option?"

While many of the DLC characters are strong, we've only seen Joker and maybe Min Min really dominate the metagame. I don't think they're trying to overpower the characters on purpose and if they are, they haven't been doing an amazing job with it.

"Little Mac has a Frame 1 Jab, super armour on his Smash attacks and an instant KO super punch that ignores shields, this character's just straight broken!"

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Its startup is fine, but its endlag and landing lag is super weird
Yeah, just looked it up, it's more the end of the move that is hard to get use to.

Granted, a move with this much power need some drawback, but I can imagine how clunky it must be in some situations.

Plant is just a weird character all around, which you can take as a good or bad thing, but idk, kinda had better memories with him than say, Banjo & Byleth. (Nothing against BB, I swear)

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

"Pikachu"

For what it's worth, they did a very good job balancing the characters considering the absolute ****fest that was Smash 4's DLC balancing.

Like, the worst (besides Plant) is Banjo, and he's just a solid mid tier. And it's not like we're seeing everyone play Joker with a pocket Min Min like how Smash 4 everyone played Bayo or babymoded with Cloud.

Edit: sorry, the worst is Byleth, but still mid tier

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Plant Up-Tilt hitting on frames 6 is kinda smooth, gotta say.

Certainly alot better than Banjo up-tilt having the hitbox size of a rat (when it come to hitting it front of it), and not the good kind or annoying one kind of rat.

Sephiroth & Snake look at this & laugh.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I thought it through, the more I thought about it. These would be my top 5 favorite Disney films.

1. Pinocchio
2. The Lion King
3. Tarzan
4. The Hunchback of Notre Dame
5. Mulan

In the case of Pinocchio and Lion King, bias plays a part. Pinocchio grew up being my favorite Disney film and grew up watching it lots, Lion King, as I probably mentioned before has a special place in my heart, the only form of media that IMO earns its overratedness, it was the first movie I saw in theaters as a kid and nothing can replace that feeling.

That said though, I still gotta get Pinocchio on disc whether DVD or Blu-Ray. Crime I still don't own a copy of my favorite Disney film.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Meanwhile, Hero
Dat endlag tho.

Yeah in fact, I think Hero being so slow in general (movement & frama data wise) kinda took my enjoyement out of him, similar to Byleth.

Really, I hope the range creep can finally stop after Sephi. I wish it stoped earlier, but while his frama date is yikes, Sephi is actually pretty mobiles for a swordfighters, so if one of the next DLC could be just as fast without all the ranges that cause fighters to be so slow or just average speed wise, I be pretty happy.

That all said, getting really late here, sooooo, good night folks, and remember:

The Scatman is always with you when you need help.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I'll post my story later.

Really, really have **** timing on those posts I want to do like telling stories and stuff. If it wasn't for tagging people they'd get buried to hell. I know people here don't hate me (I think) of course but it plays in the mind, proof I'm still growing mentally.
Just had a terrible luck of the draw sometimes, which is funny being Irish as we're usually meant to have luck on our side. Runs in my blood.

Ticks me off.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Dat endlag tho.

Yeah in fact, I think Hero being so slow in general (movement & frama data wise) kinda took my enjoyement out of him, similar to Byleth.

Really, I hope the range creep can finally stop after Sephi. I wish it stoped earlier, but while his frama date is yikes, Sephi is actually pretty mobiles for a swordfighters, so if one of the next DLC could be just as fast without all the ranges that cause fighters to be so slow or just average speed wise, I be pretty happy.

That all said, getting really late here, sooooo, good night folks, and remember:

The Scatman is always with you when you need help.
The range creep does need to end, the ****'s getting annoying now.

Also, fun fact: Hero and Sephiroth have nearly the exact same run speed. Hero's 31st and Sephiroth's 30th in terms of ground speed.

Hero's faster in the air.

D

Deleted member

So i get home...... only to learn that I’m going back to all in person again(except for Wednesdays because that’s still a work day) -_-

It’s only me and like a select group of people(maybe like 5-6 tops, counting me?) so it’s not like my experience will be that different. But there goes my 2 days a week of sitting at home and making ramen. :nifty:

Dutch Raikuna

Just saying but a bad effect of the Trump era is that I've been reading the news far, far more out of anxiety. You know, just in case him or Boris or someone started a war out of stupidity.

Now with a bit more sanity back into the world I'm hoping to read news far, far less.

It............. hasn't worked out.
Welcome to realising how stupid the world is or Adulthood for short.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
After 3 hours of traversing the Nether in Minecraft to find a nether fortress only to be forced to recreate a new portal after getting lost and having to travel 3500+ blocks back to my home, I have come to a relatively simple conclusion;

**** this game.

Never mind. I'll find it later.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
You ever have a dream where someone you love dies and you’re super depressed, but then you wake up and you’re like “oh ****, everything’s cool”
Ever had a dream that you woke up but you didn't actually do so irl and you just kept "waking up" in an endless cycle until you actually wake up?

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

You ever have a dream where someone you love dies and you’re super depressed, but then you wake up and you’re like “oh ****, everything’s cool”
Nope, suprisingly.

Ever had a dream that you woke up but you didn't actually do so irl and you just kept "waking up" in an endless cycle until you actually wake up?
Yes.

Ever had dreams where characters from games and stuff appear and it feels so real? Then you wake up and your like "am I in the Matrix?" then your mind goes back to normal 10 minutes later.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
No, but have you ever had a dream that that you um you had you'd you would you could you'd do you wi you wants you you could do so you you'd do you could you you want you want him to do you so much you could do anything?

: )

D

Deleted member

Do mii’s count? cause I remember one nightmare I had were that exact thing happened but with mii’s instead

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I worry about my mii too. Mostly my Sans Mii. I'm afraid one day some edgy little ***** will do a genocide route and murder my mii in the effort to 100% the game instead of just accepting what is the best ending in being Pacifist.

I also worry about my Mona Lisa Mii, but that's for a completely different reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom