• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I have a headache and today has been lonely, gray, and sucky so far.

Hbu
I didn't sleep too well myself. I feel ya.

Hope the headache passes soon. Get in plenty of water and rest, take some/more painkillers if necessary.

Anyone heard from Swamp since last night?
I've been in a PM with him but he hasn't said anything to me personally since 6:30 last night.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
And burning stomach has been traded in for neck pain and headache. Probably the worst I've had it in about three years so took ibuprofen to hopefully ease it a bit. Also watched Date a Bullet there now. Wasn't too bad.

Also what's this with Swamp Sensei? Seems I missed a bit last night.

D

Deleted member

Anyone heard from Swamp since last night?
From what I can gather he's been somewhat active today. Been routinely checking his profile and every so often it says he's talking to someone via PM.

If you really want to know, go back a few pages. I don't want to talk about it directly because it's something I'm not comfortable speaking about.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
And burning stomach has been traded in for neck pain and headache. Probably the worst I've had it in about three years so took ibuprofen to hopefully ease it a bit. Also watched Date a Bullet there now. Wasn't too bad.

He's been going through a suicidal phase, the poor guy.

D

Deleted member

I hope Swamp is okay; I wanted to say something but I don’t know what to say in these situations. I believe I tried to help in this situation before on here and I think what I said was good, but it makes me anxious and I didn’t know what to type exactly...
Honestly I was worried that I would just **** up and say something I shouldn't so I just stayed outta it. Hope he feels better though.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
All right! I'm only familiar with America Chavez through the Ultimates series (not the Ultimate Marvel version of the Avengers; it's a team with Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Blue Marvel, Monica Rambeau, America Chavez, and Galactus, Devourer of Worlds), but in a story about the multiverse, her inclusion makes sense from what I know about her.

On a related note, does anyone have recommendations for movies that I should watch in the lead-up to Halloween? I haven't seen many scary movies (not a fan of jumpscares), though I'll put a list of what I have seen for horror and horror-comedy movies under a spoiler tag.

-The Nightmare Before Christmas
-Halloween (1978)
-Halloween 2 (1981)
-Halloween (2018)
-A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)
-A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010)
-Friday the 13th Part IV: The Final Chapter (this is the only one in that series that I've seen)
-Evil Dead 2
-Army of Darkness
-Shaun of the Dead
-Zombieland
-Dracula (1931)
-Dracula Has Risen From The Grave
-Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992)
-Frankenstein (1931)
-Bride of Frankenstein (1935)
-Scream
-The Cabin in the Woods
-The Shining

EDIT:
-Ghostbusters
-Ghostbusters 2
-Ghostbusters (reboot)
-Corpse Bride
-Rocky Horror Picture Show

There's also movies like Alien, Aliens, Cloverfield, Psycho, and the Thing, but I'm not sure if they count for Halloween-themed movies.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

KillerCage

Smash Master
All right! I'm only familiar with America Chavez through the Ultimates series (not the Ultimate Marvel version of the Avengers; it's a team with Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Blue Marvel, Monica Rambeau, America Chavez, and Galactus, Devourer of Worlds), but in a story about the multiverse, her inclusion makes sense from what I know about her.

On a related note, does anyone have recommendations for movies that I should watch in the lead-up to Halloween? I haven't seen many scary movies (not a fan of jumpscares), though I'll put a list of what I have seen for horror and horror-comedy movies under a spoiler tag.

-The Nightmare Before Christmas
-Halloween (1978)
-Halloween 2 (1981)
-Halloween (2018)
-A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)
-A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010)
-Friday the 13th Part IV: The Final Chapter (this is the only one in that series that I've seen)
-Evil Dead 2
-Army of Darkness
-Shaun of the Dead
-Zombieland
-Dracula (1931)
-Dracula Has Risen From The Grave
-Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992)
-Frankenstein (1931)
-Bride of Frankenstein (1935)
-Scream
-The Cabin in the Woods
-The Shining

There's also movies like Alien, Aliens, Cloverfield, Psycho, and the Thing, but I'm not sure if they count for Halloween-themed movies.
The Mummy (1999)
Ghostbusters 1 & 2
Paranorman

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
The Mummy (1999)
Ghostbusters 1 & 2
Paranorman
I can't believe I forgot about Ghostbusters, but I have seen those (and the reboot).

The Mummy should be fun (assuming that's the Brendan Fraser one), and I vaguely recall ParaNorman. I'll look into those.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Hmm....that's very interesting. Anyways on other MCU related news:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah, my disc of XML2 needs some cleaning. It is what it is when it comes to used games. It freezes during some fights, and it won't be the ones with tons of normal sized enemies, but ones with a few dudes and one of them is huge and has some aura on them. Normally only the Sentinel section ever game me any trouble.

I gotta get some rubbing alcohol to try fixing it. I had the Spawn game on Gamecube, and it would freeze early on. But after cleaning it with rubbing alcohol and letting it dry, it worked perfectly.

Dutch Raikuna

Trying to really brush up my Trails lore (which is ALOT) considering Cold Steel IV is out in about 10 days. And cause of PS4 losing 3's save data last month and me being sick my time to complete it again is closing.

Staying optimistic about the next few weeks. Still sick but hopefully it's "symptom exchange" will end soon. Panicked earlier because I had a pain at the base of my skull but seems fine now. Haven't experienced this bad of a tension headache and neck stiffness in a few years (last time was kinda my fault, choosing to sleep on a leather block.) but hoping it passes.

Scariest thing about being sick from it all has been how doom and gloom my body is. Went to bed thinking if I was going to die from this a few times when the doctors have said it is nothing serious. Still feeling a bit dizzy and pains in my neck and head but they've said it's nothing bad.

Might get myself tested for Covid on Monday if this still doesn't stop as a precaution even though I don't have the main symptoms.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
A quick heads-up or reminder; Sega's releasing a free mash-up of Yakuza and Streets of Rage 2 on Steam tomorrow, and it's only going to be available for two days for some reason.

I figure it's going to be like the Mega Man x Street Fighter game, where it's fairly short, but it looks like fun.

Dutch Raikuna

I'm now able to walk to the nearby store, grab my groceries, and go back home.

And all the groceries I buy are mine. No one else's. I shop for just myself now.

It's so ****ing great.
Glad your on the rise my friend. We're all rooting for ya.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Glad your on the rise my friend. We're all rooting for ya.
Thank you.

Yeah, what started as a path into the unknown has turned out to be alright so far, and honestly speaking, this isn't what I was expecting. I really did think I was going to end it all in the winter. But now, I have some hope and a bit of happiness.

Dutch Raikuna

Man Trails really has a lot of lore but that's half the fun of the series. I enjoy reading the lore of KH, Mass Effect, Fallout and stuff and really, you could easily spend weeks reading them all.
Hope I get around to making lore as complex as them for my story. First thing I'm doing when I'm 100% is getting my laptop down to a library and spending a whole morning nothing but writing.

Outside of sickness just been also going through my anime movie watch list.

D

Deleted member

The first episode of Meta Runner Season 2 turned out really neat.

Now back to my depression and my wishes to kill myself for the better being of this planet.

D

Deleted member

Man Trails really has a lot of lore but that's half the fun of the series. I enjoy reading the lore of KH, Mass Effect, Fallout and stuff and really, you could easily spend weeks reading them all.
Hope I get around to making lore as complex as them for my story. First thing I'm doing when I'm 100% is getting my laptop down to a library and spending a whole morning nothing but writing.

Outside of sickness just been also going through my anime movie watch list.
That's one of the things I really enjoy about Trails is how expansive the lore and story is. While I've only completed the Sky trilogy and Trails from Zero, I really like how each game is connected to an overarching story.

I really want to catch up with the Trails games as soon as possible.

D

Deleted member

Think I'm gonna play through Wizard101 in it's (current) entirety if I can. Got nothing else better to do with my time lol

D

Deleted member

My brother and his pal was just playing with Steve and the game crashed somehow. From what little I saw it looked like it might be replicable. Was on a custom stage and my brother was chilling on a curved slope.... maybe that has something to do with that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom