• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

While Wario and Waluigi could also work, I feel that Wario and Waluigi have enough material for their own Game.

Be It a new Wario Land, Wario World 2 with multiplayer or maybe even a whole new thing, I believe that there's still a lot of material to work with regarding the troublemaker partners.
Still waiting for Wario & Waluigi: Partners in Crime. Get to it, Nintendo.

You know what I’m gonna ask for that’s a little weird? A Pokémon platformer. A good 2D platforming game based on Pokémon and it’s world. You can base the first one off of Gen 1 and then make sequels for each subsequent generation. Each time you play as Pikachu and the three starters of that region.
There was a small platformer mini-game during the e-reader era where you played as a trainer and had to catch Pokemon. Would be nice if they expanded on that and made it a proper game. Just something I was reminded of reading this.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
For the FMA 2003 series, I really wish Conquerors of Shamballa was turned into a 5th season or a mini-series instead of just one movie. There's still much story to be told and many plot points to be explained or developed better, and that's even more apparent in my re-watch. Yet, it won't come to be. RIP

D

Deleted member

Seems like I lost 3 NDS games I really liked because I didn't have their respective boxes when I got them (the games are Mario Kart NDS, Shadows Of Almia and SoulSilver).

Remember people: keeping your games in boxes is important.

D

Deleted member

Seems like I lost 3 NDS games I really liked because I didn't have their respective boxes when I got them (the games are Mario Kart NDS, Shadows Of Almia and SoulSilver).

Remember people: keeping your games in boxes is important.
I learned that lesson the hard way when our dogs chewed up our copy of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I messaged a girl today and I was wondering if putting "lol" in a text outs me as a boomer. I think I use lol too much when writing online

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I tried Vs. for the first time.

It was also the first time I've ever battled other human players in.a Pokemon game. Haven't done online combat in Moon and none of my friends ever played any of the older Pokemon games I owned. So it was a pretty neat experience.

How exactly does one download rules for online battles? Are certain rules only available for certain seasons? Because it'd be great to actually get to use a complete team instead of being restricted to just three or four Pokemon.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I tried Vs. for the first time.

It was also the first time I've ever battled other human players in.a Pokemon game. Haven't done online combat in Moon and none of my friends ever played any of the older Pokemon games I owned. So it was a pretty neat experience.

How exactly does one download rules for online battles? Are certain rules only available for certain seasons? Because it'd be great to actually get to use a complete team instead of being restricted to just three or four Pokemon.
You can always link battle people, which gives 6 Pokemon. You can do it with randoms who accept or 3DS Friends.

D

Deleted member

I messaged a girl today and I was wondering if putting "lol" in a text outs me as a boomer. I think I use lol too much when writing online
isn’t lol more of a millennial thing? I don’t really see it used that much by older people, mostly people in my age group.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
one of these days I will see Pit on this website randomized banner...one day

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
isn’t lol more of a millennial thing? I don’t really see it used that much by older people, mostly people in my age group.
I mean boomer colloquially. I am millennial. However I am an early millennial and she's a late millennial.

Noipoi

Howdy!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Just found out the song "About a girl" written by Kurt cobain is about my mother's childhood friend

D

Deleted member

Yeah, as much as I wish Retro Studios could be working on a new DKC Game for Switch, they are busy working right now on Prime 4 (a Game I'm really looking forward to because It was the Game which made me buy a Switch, but still one in development hell).

That's why I've been asking myself if there alternative studios inside Nintendo which could tackle work on the next Donkey Kong game while Retro Studios keeps working on Prime 4.

The closest I could think of is Next Level Games, as they seem to be the new go-to for visually strong videogames on the Switch after Luigi's Mansion 3... But even then I don't know if they could tackle 2D platformers such as Donkey Kong

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That’s really interesting
What's strange to think that saying that is probably enough info for someone to find my identity if they really wanted. I could be directly found with just a few facts about Nirvana. Lol.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Hold on.

Look at this.
This was made by Toby Fox.

The title is "Nightmare Knight", and we know a very important character in DR is named The Knight.

Some music in Deltarune reuse notes from this music, including The Chase (the music that play when you escape Lancer attack at the start of the Dark World) & The World Revolving AKA Jevil Theme.

Finally, when you defeat Jevil, he say that our trio will be unable to escape a nightmare, due to the Knight direct quote here:

" FROM NOW, A NIGHTMARE WILL AWAKEN IN YOUR HEARTS. IN THE SHADOW OF THE KNIGHT'S HAND "

I don't know much about the source material where this music came from, and before the giga theory I shared, I didn't think the nightmare like had that much importance, but now, I got to say....
View attachment 298100
Pretty sus, if you ask me.

But what do you guys think?

Hat N' Clogs Hat N' Clogs , Noipoi Noipoi , @Aurane , TheCJBrine TheCJBrine (if you don't know, you can atleast enjoy this little edit I made of everyone favourite Flower in gaming history < :3 )

Also, this music slap, but that's given since it's Toby Fox we''re talking.
Sounds like a fanmade character thing for Kirby, though it’d make sense if Toby is reusing this concept for Deltarune.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yeah, as much as I wish Retro Studios could be working on a new DKC Game for Switch, they are busy working right now on Prime 4 (a Game I'm really looking forward to because It was the Game which made me buy a Switch, but still one in development hell).

That's why I've been asking myself if there alternative studios inside Nintendo which could tackle work on the next Donkey Kong game while Retro Studios keeps working on Prime 4.

The closest I could think of is Next Level Games, as they seem to be the new go-to for visually strong videogames on the Switch after Luigi's Mansion 3... But even then I don't know if they could tackle 2D platformers such as Donkey Kong
if anything imma need one of these studios to make me another Kid Icarus game...I need

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I just realized Makoto made Ryuji her *****

he talked all that **** at the beginning of the game...then she gains her Persona...and then he practically obeyed everything she made him do

Makoto GOATED as usual

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Sounds like a fanmade character thing for Kirby, though it’d make sense if Toby is reusing this concept for Deltarune.
Dat ain't a fanmade character for Kirby, this is a character from a webcomic Toby worked on long ago, named Cucumber Quest.

Toby just really like reusing soundfont from more or less older game/other places for his musics. Easiest exemple being Another Him using soundfont from Gigyas Theme , or Song That Might Play When You Fight Sans using Mega Man X3's Guitars (Zero Theme is a easy exemple).

He basically did the same for Nightmare Knight Theme with Kirby 3 soundfont, which is interesting, 'cuz Kirby is a franchise filled with things not looking as innocent or normal at first glance (which Deltarune fit too to a extent), but not sure how much it mean for DR.

Idk how much influence Toby had over Cucumber Quest or the Nightmare Knight too, but it's still pretty interesting to see the links between Toby older & newer project, especially since Deltarune came first in Toby mind back in 2012, so maybe Nightmare Knight influenced The Knight in Toby mind. Like how Homestuck & Earthbound inspired him for Undertale.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I can’t be the only person who all of the sudden got a bunch of Town of Salem stuff recommended to me

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
2D9EB99D-8898-437D-AC59-8E822B710EA9.jpeg

I noticed that there wasn’t any Icebergs of the most requested/talked about characters for Super Smash Bros, so I made one. I didn’t know where else to share it. What do you all think? I tried my best to include everyone I could think of, I’m sorry if I missed anyone’s most wanted.

D

Deleted member

Obligatory "there were Persona games before Persona 3?!" joke
And now to ruin the joke.
There even was a Joker before the current one.

But man, they really should remake and release the Persona 2 duology and this time on a single console. Gotta love how fragmented it is in the west, with the first game being PSP only and the second one being PS1 exclusive. And while it's not as bad as you could theoretically get both games via Playstation Store, we're still talking about a JRPG for the PS1 from 2000. That age isn't really known for having good localizations.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
View attachment 298113
I noticed that there wasn’t any Icebergs of the most requested/talked about characters for Super Smash Bros, so I made one. I didn’t know where else to share it. What do you all think? I tried my best to include everyone I could think of, I’m sorry if I missed anyone’s most wanted.
Isaac is lower in the iceberg nowadays, Chun-Li would be higher.

D

Deleted member

Call me insane, but I would love to see bosses from WOL become full playable characters like Galeem.

Maybe not in the dlc pack but like as small side things after.

D

Deleted member

Call me insane, but I would love to see bosses from WOL become full playable characters like Galeem.

Maybe not in the dlc pack but like as small side things after.
Something like that one mode in Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition where you play as Beast Ganon could be fun, yeah.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
You know how i said FF7 felt shorter than i remember? I'm getting that same feeling with Kingdom hearts 3DS, i started it yesterday and i'm already at the midway point of the game.

I just realized Makoto made Ryuji her *****

he talked all that **** at the beginning of the game...then she gains her Persona...and then he practically obeyed everything she made him do

Makoto GOATED as usual
He wants to ride her bike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom