• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Once again, I have completely broken the game’s sense of balance. I’m still in Chapter 9 which isn’t even halfway though the game
09939DBD-511F-4836-B403-BFE587CEC51A.png

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Well then the common sentiment of “if you don’t like the games that are coming out then make them yourself” is kind of void then isn’t it.
Surely there must be something coming out that fits your taste. What are you into? Didn’t you really like DMC5?

D

Deleted member

There are a good chunk of games I'm currently looking forward to.

Perfect Dark, that new Evil Dead game, Super Mario 3D World+Bowser's Fury, that new Dragon Quest Monsters game with Erik, Halo Infinite, God Of War 5, the new Ratchet & Clank, Ghost N'Goblins, Monster Hunter Rise, Alex Kidd DX, Persona 5 Strikers and still more.

Of course I won't be able to buy all of them the second they launch (I don't have Infinite money after all), but still nice that there's some stuff I'm looking forward to.

And all of that without bringing up the games which already released and still haven't bought for budget reasons.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I liked 5. Yeah. And like... there are games coming out that fit my tastes. Just, not as many as other genres and it constantly feels like I'm on the brink of them being dropped because of low sales.
What are some other games you like I can probably help you out with games to look forward to

Noipoi

Howdy!
I’m really happy they gave Mario 3D World online play.

I first played the game with my best friend, seven years ago. Unfortunately he moved away a while ago. But now we can play through this game together, from afar.

Also Monster Hunter Rise looks pretty cool I’ve never played a MH but I’m thinking it’s time to try one.

Also Pokémon Snap is the GOAT

D

Deleted member

I first played the game with my best friend, seven years ago. Unfortunately he moved away a while ago. But now we can play through this game together, from afar.

Also Monster Hunter Rise looks pretty cool I’ve never played a MH but I’m thinking it’s time to try one.

I'm seriously hoping that if they add a new playable character to Super Mario 3D World they go for Pauline.

The original 3D World had a lot of elements from Galaxy, and as such made Pauline playable.
Years later, a port of Captain Toad Treasure Tracker released filled with Odyssey content, and according to people who analyzed the trailer for the 3D World Port It seems they gave Mario an serial move from Odyssey.

So yeah, while It isn't 100% guaranteed, I really hope she makes the cut in the final Game. But even if she doesn't make It in I would be fine as they seem to already be giving us more than I expected with the entirety of Bowser's Fury.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
for Snake it's the holy trinity of fighting games, platformers, and hack n slashes. Racing games are up there too.
You ever try the Nioh games? They’re very hack n’ slashy taking just as much inspiration from modern Ninja Gaiden as it does the Souls games. And there’s rumors of the NG Sigma Trilogy releasing soon which seems right up your alley. Guilty Gear Strive is coming out in terms of fighting games. Platformer wise you’re gonna need to be a little more specific because MetroidVania games are EVERYWHERE right now. Pure platforming like Meat Boy are there but they’re not as plentiful from what I’ve seen. The Messenger is a fantastic middle ground between a MetroidVania and a traditional Ninja Gaiden Style action platformer and it just released not too long ago.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Wait... was there a direct or something?
I'm seriously hoping that if they add a new playable character to Super Mario 3D World they go for Pauline.

The original 3D World had a lot of elements from Galaxy, and as such made Pauline playable.
Years later, a port of Captain Toad Treasure Tracker released filled with Odyssey content, and according to people who analyzed the trailer for the 3D World Port It seems they gave Mario an serial move from Odyssey.

So yeah, while It isn't 100% guaranteed, I really hope she makes the cut in the final Game. But even if she doesn't make It in I would be fine as they seem to already be giving us more than I expected with the entirety of Bowser's Fury.
Wario and Waluigi should be added too IMO. Maybe Yoshi? and geno

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You ever try the Nioh games? Guilty Gear Strive is coming out in terms of fighting games. Platformer wise you’re gonna need to be a little more specific because MetroidVania games are EVERYWHERE right now. Pure platforming like Meat Boy are there but they’re not as plentiful from what I’ve seen. The Messenger is a fantastic middle ground between a MetroidVania and a traditional Ninja Gaiden Style action platformer and it just released not too long ago.
No metroidvanias. I like the Crash Bandicoot/Sonic the Hedgehog style of pure skill testing athleticism.

D

Deleted member

Wait... was there a direct or something?

Wario and Waluigi should be added too IMO. Maybe Yoshi? and geno
While Wario and Waluigi could also work, I feel that Wario and Waluigi have enough material for their own Game.

Be It a new Wario Land, Wario World 2 with multiplayer or maybe even a whole new thing, I believe that there's still a lot of material to work with regarding the troublemaker partners.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hold on.

Look at this.

This was made by Toby Fox.

The title is "Nightmare Knight", and we know a very important character in DR is named The Knight.

Some music in Deltarune reuse notes from this music, including The Chase (the music that play when you escape Lancer attack at the start of the Dark World) & The World Revolving AKA Jevil Theme.

Finally, when you defeat Jevil, he say that our trio will be unable to escape a nightmare, due to the Knight direct quote here:

" FROM NOW, A NIGHTMARE WILL AWAKEN IN YOUR HEARTS. IN THE SHADOW OF THE KNIGHT'S HAND "

I don't know much about the source material where this music came from, and before the giga theory I shared, I didn't think the nightmare like had that much importance, but now, I got to say....
-Sassy Flowey.gif

Pretty sus, if you ask me.

But what do you guys think?

Hat N' Clogs Hat N' Clogs , Noipoi Noipoi , Aurane Aurane , TheCJBrine TheCJBrine (if you don't know, you can atleast enjoy this little edit I made of everyone favourite Flower in gaming history < :3 )

Also, this music slap, but that's given since it's Toby Fox we''re talking.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
While Wario and Waluigi could also work, I feel that Wario and Waluigi have enough material for their own Game.

Be It a new Wario Land, Wario World 2 with multiplayer or maybe even a whole new thing, I believe that there's still a lot of material to work with regarding the troublemaker partners.
I want a Wario & Waluigi: Superstar Saga.

I need it.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Oh I would LOVE a new Warioland game. I actually think a fun thing to do would be for nintendo to make a kind of self parody game. New Super WARIO Bros Switch. A game that simultaneously lampoons the NSMB games and their... issues.... while also staying true to the Wario Land games of yore with tones of fanservice and nice new mechanics with the addition of a playable Waluigi, a playable Captain Syrup, and a random Toad that Wario just straight up kidnapped.

D

Deleted member

Hold on.

Look at this.

The title is "Nightmare Knight", and we know a very important character in DR is named The Knight.

Some music in Deltarune reuse notes from this music, including The Chase (the music that play when you escape Lancer attack at the start of the Dark World) & The World Revolving AKA Jevil Theme.

Finally, when you defeat Jevil, he say that our trio will be unable to escape a nightmare, due to the Knight direct quote here:

" FROM NOW, A NIGHTMARE WILL AWAKEN IN YOUR HEARTS. IN THE SHADOW OF THE KNIGHT'S HAND "

I don't know much about the source material where this music came from, and before the giga theory I shared, I didn't think the nightmare like had that much importance, but now, I got to say....
View attachment 298100

Hat N' Clogs Hat N' Clogs , Noipoi Noipoi , Aurane Aurane , TheCJBrine TheCJBrine (if you don't know, you can atleast enjoy this little edit I made of everyone favourite Flower in gaming history < :3 )

It all seems really interesting.

Maybe Toby Fox will plan to use this song at some point in the full release of Deltarune for an important event involving the main plot or the final hours of the Game (iirc, Banjo Kazooie did something similar to this where the theme of Gruntilda's Battle mixes themes from past levels into one single song).

Btw, feel free to tag me too for more Deltarune stuff. I'm really interested on the Game and all the pre-release theory-crafting.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Hold on.

Look at this.

View attachment 298100

Deltarune was in the CQ universe the whole time wow

D

Deleted member

I want a Wario & Waluigi: Superstar Saga.

I need it.
Mario and Luigi and Wario and Waluigi. I would play the hell out of that.
Honestly, I do feel that Wario and Waluigi would fit great in games such as the Mario & Luigi titles.

Those games get a lot of charm from the character animations and interactions, and with the amount of lapstick and creativity which can be applied to the greedy duo, It could make for a lot of really fun moments por situations similar to the animated cutscenes from Wario Land The Shake Dimension (or Shake It! for the people in the USA).

They could also bring a lot of neat things to the Gameplay-style of the series, with more strong use of items and attacks.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
It all seems really interesting.

Maybe Toby Fox will plan to use this song at some point in the full release of Deltarune for an important event involving the main plot or the final hours of the Game (iirc, Banjo Kazooie did something similar to this where the theme of Gruntilda's Battle mixes themes from past levels into one single song).

Btw, feel free to tag me too for more Deltarune stuff. I'm really interested on the Game and all the pre-release theory-crafting.
Yeah, seem plausible this theme will be reuse for the full release of DR in more obvious way, tho until we see how The Knight look, his powers & what he want, it be hard to tell if the connection we made is just a nice easter egg or mean more.

And gotcha, will do.
Deltarune was in the CQ universe the whole time wow
From what i'm seeing, Deltarune/Undertale is just Toby Fox excuse to make his Homestuck/CucumberQuest Crossover fanfictions a reality.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You know what I’m gonna ask for that’s a little weird? A Pokémon platformer. A good 2D platforming game based on Pokémon and it’s world. You can base the first one off of Gen 1 and then make sequels for each subsequent generation. Each time you play as Pikachu and the three starters of that region.

D

Deleted member

You know what I’m gonna ask for that’s a little weird? A Pokémon platformer. A good 2D platforming game based on Pokémon and it’s world. You can base the first one off of Gen 1 and then make sequels for each subsequent generation. Each time you play as Pikachu and the three starters of that region.
It could be a really interesting idea if done properly.

A platformer game where you progress through levels loosely inspired by each gym Battle or main event on the story of each Game (like a level taking place in Lavender Town for the Gen 1 title or another based on the Distortion World/Spear Pillar for the Gen 4 one).

Noipoi

Howdy!
Nah **** that

3D collectathon

8 worlds, each based on one of the regions and their iconography. Collect all the thingymajigs to beat Mewtwo or something.

D

Deleted member

Nah **** that

3D collectathon

8 worlds, each based on one of the regions and their iconography. Collect all the thingymajigs to beat Mewtwo or something.
As long as the way they handle changing playable characters isn't like Donkey Kong 64, I would be fine with that too I Guess.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
No metroidvanias. I like the Crash Bandicoot/Sonic the Hedgehog style of pure skill testing athleticism.
Have you tried Katana Zero or Hades yet? I haven’t played them but I’ve heard they’re pretty reflex heavy with the first one being a platformer and the second being a hack and slash.

D

Deleted member

Have you tried Katana Zero or Hades yet? I haven’t played them but I’ve heard they’re pretty reflex heavy with the first one being a platformer and the second being a hack and slash.
I really want to play Hades.

What I don't know is if I should play It on my PC (with the risk of It not running well if It is more demanding than a Wii or Dreamcast Game) or my Switch at the cost of no 60fps.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I really want to play Hades.

What I don't know is if I should play It on my PC (with the risk of It not running well if It is more demanding than a Wii or Dreamcast Game) or my Switch at the cost of no 60fps.
You can get a steam refund on PC if you don’t like how it plays on there then swap over to Switch.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Poor Fire Flower. He's my favorite character and he always gets shafted.
Fire Flower needs that respect back

Daisy would be great to have in the game if they added some new characters in. Toadette for the Captain Toad levels as well

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Nah **** that

3D collectathon

I mean. That could work. But it’s not what I want at all.
I’ll check em out

D

Deleted member

I dunno if that could work unless you completely change how Pokemon plays tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom