• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I said to an employee as she came in "hello! If your here it must be my lunch" and she said hello, then turned around and said "what did you say" .

I said it again, but like now it's going to bug me what she thought I said

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
She doesn’t need a redesign. She’s fine exactly how she is.
If there is one thing I nitpick about the remakes it's the redesigns. Nothing really compares to Sugimori's original art IMO.

Also they left Kris out of HGSS for no apparent reason. lol

I mean, not saying Cynthia needa a redesign, but Team Aqua got a massive glow up.

I mean
Funny thing is, in the manga to help explain the changes they basically said the admin's names were codenamed to be passed down.

Also that Archie/Maxie died, went to the Distortion World, and temporarily resurrected by Celebi to help stop the meteor. lol

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
If there is one thing I nitpick about the remakes it's the redesigns. Nothing really compares to Sugimori's original art IMO.
Personally aside from the trainers, I prefer most of the redesigns in ORAS, but I don’t think anyone in DP is in dire need of a redesign aside from maybe a few touch ups here and there.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I blame this little *****:
View attachment 297804
The only good thing about the show is the really bad pun name.

Sir Cumference.

Get it? Circumference! Fire the people who made this, especially the guy who made that really bad pun. He needs locked up by pun patrol.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
They’re finally here, delegating for you!

If you know the amendment, you can join in too!

Put your hands together, if you want applause.

As we make some brand new monkey laws!

HUH

View attachment 297806
So Donkey Kong is leader of the bunch... does he use a Coconut Gun during arguments?

In unrelated talk, I've decided to hop on the Seasonal Avatar train. Starting next year from Dec 1 to Jan 5, I change my avatar. No sneaky peaks until next December.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Personally aside from the trainers, I prefer most of the redesigns in ORAS, but I don’t think anyone in DP is in dire need of a redesign aside from maybe a few touch ups here and there.
Same. The new protagonist designs in ORAS were a letdown. Not terrible, but not great either. Brandon's artwork looks really awkward.

Noipoi

Howdy!
So guys as we approach or on the final day of the year, being a gaming forum I want to ask a question:

What is your three personal favourite games this year? Or what is your game of the year?

For me the choices are very easy.

1. The Outer Worlds - Probably the only game that I have played this year that would make it close to my top 10 all time favourites.

2. Ghost of Tsushima - Well, well worth the wait. While I wish it could have done more it's still a fantastic game through and through.

3. Persona 5 Royal - Yeah I'll admit this: of the big four JRPGs I've bought this year (Cold Steel IV, Xenoblade 1 Remake, FFVII Remake and this) Persona has hit it right out of the park, and I have still three palaces to go about at least another 20 hours.

Bonus for those who would be interested in hearing, this is something I've been doing for myself the past near 10 years. The winners of them:
2011: The World Ends With You
2012: Kid Icarus Uprising
2013: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
2014: Child of Light
2015: Just Cause 3
2016: Dishonoured 2
2017: Xenoblade Chronicles 2
2018: Celeste
2019: Astral Chain
2020: The Outer Worlds

My brain works weird with memory. Funny how I can remember all this still.

Interested in hearing you guys with favourite games this year. Been a pretty good one for games, terrible overall else. Or if this is a bad time might save it for tomorrow.
1: Mario Galaxy
I know it didn’t come out this year, but I first played it this year, and I absolutely adored it. I now know why the Galaxy games command such respect, it was amazing.

2: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Another game that didn’t come out this year! It’s the best 2D platformer I’ve ever played, and the music is phenomenal. I’m serious, from around March onwards I’ve listened to the soundtrack nonstop all year. And I’m still not sick of it! It’s a phenomenal game.

3: Animal Crossing: New Horizons
It’s chill AF bro

2011: Pokémon White
2012: Pokémon White 2
2013: Super Mario 3D World
2014: Rayman Legends (I first played it here)
2015: Undertale
2016: Pokémon Moon
2017: Super Mario Odyssey
2018: Super Smash Bros Ultimate
2019: Fire Emblem: Three Houses/Pokémon Sword
2020: Super Mario 3D All Stars

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
1: Mario Galaxy
I know it didn’t come out this year, but I first played it this year, and I absolutely adored it. I now know why the Galaxy games command such respect, it was amazing.

2: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Another game that didn’t come out this year! It’s the best 2D platformer I’ve ever played, and the music is phenomenal. I’m serious, from around March onwards I’ve listened to the soundtrack nonstop all year. And I’m still not sick of it! It’s a phenomenal game.

3: Animal Crossing: New Horizons
It’s chill AF bro

2011: Pokémon White
2012: Pokémon White 2
2013: Super Mario 3D World
2014: Rayman Legends (I first played it here)
2015: Undertale
2016: Pokémon Moon
2017: Super Mario Odyssey
2018: Super Smash Bros Ultimate
2019: Fire Emblem: Three Houses/Pokémon Sword
2020: Super Mario 3D All Stars
Actually deleted that post of mine. Was gonna post it much later.

Still love what you did.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
There was a problem fetching the tweet
wow that is hella lazy
Classic Pac-Man with teeth will haunt my nightmares...
View attachment 297801
...deadness
View attachment 297803

Why you gotta do this to me dude?
i can feel the pain waka waca waka waca
I blame this little *****:
View attachment 297804
****ING BURN IN HELL YOU FAKE ASS YELLOW CIRCULAR ****SACK

AISHKFHDKDHAHAOAGDOFGWOWVDOFHSGSHFOAFSOFHOAGDOFGFGGGFGGSFDFHGFG
I think teeth on Pac-Man would look better if they were more simple and stylized like this:

View attachment 297805
what are they fighting over this time?
The PAC is wack
Wack-Man
They’re finally here, delegating for you!

If you know the amendment, you can join in too!

Put your hands together, if you want applause.

As we make some brand new monkey laws!

HUH

View attachment 297806
****ING YES
Hi
There was a problem fetching the tweet
our humor levels continue to exceed expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom