• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Gonna be honest: While I'm not super adamant either way(and really I don't care that much), I would much rather have Geno be a mii costume than an actual fighter.

Yeah I know, pretty unpopular opinion. I just think he would fit better as a Mii overall. Kinda like Vault Boy I guess: where the character is iconic but doesn't really have anything interesting enough to make a moveset out of, that the Mii's don't already do.
I mean, I'm sure Sakurai could do something interesting with him: He made Piranha Plant of all characters super weird and fun to play.

...But on the other hand, I've played Geno mods in Smash this year, and yeah, they reminded me a lot of Mii Gunner, so you're definitely not wrong about it already working very well. Geno's core concept is that he has a gun for a hand, which is why the costume could potentially fit really well if redone as a PreMiium. Heck, the situation would remind me a lot of Sans:

• Popular request amongst fans.
  • Proportions fit Mii Gunner.
  • Core concept of the character fits Mii Gunner
  • Has the opportunity to make the costume just look like the actual character.

Now I'll fully admit that this is all just speculation and it isn't guaranteed to happen, but it does all fit rather well. Couple that with the potential to tie the Geno Mii into the Mario celebrations going on right now and the fact it would reference the costume's addition with Cloud 5 years ago, it kind of makes sense.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Ok but hear me out

AERITH
ASSIST
TROPHY.

YES, IN A DLC PACK. if they gave Cloud a new FS with the AC alt they can include the FF7 AT that was absent in base while Cloud’s 3rd party peers Ryu and Bayonetta got ATs
What did you have in mind for her ability? I’m assuming a healing or status spell?

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Ive beeen feeling kinda dizzy for a bit, it's really wweird

Twitch no

please

stop

AND I SAID I SIMPED FOR NETZACH (AN L-CORP CHARACTER) LAST NIGHT IN STREAM. CRAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPP IMMA HAVE TO DELETE IT

FIRST WE CANT USE THE TERM BLIND PLAYTHROUGH ANYMORE NOW THIS.

this is just language policing at this point
Twitch is feeling very China right about now.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
At times I question if Geno's support base would be as large and vocal as it is if Sakurai never personally expressed interest in adding the character to the roster.

He's pretty much one of a kind as far as Nintendo's Ensemble Darkhorses go with how he's a one-shot (and not even the lead) character, and yet, his support rivaled that of Ridley's and K. Rool's, among others.

Shroob

Sup?
At times I question if Geno's support base would be as large and vocal as it is if Sakurai never personally expressed interest in adding the character to the roster.

He's pretty much one of a kind as far as Nintendo's Ensemble Darkhorses go with how he's a one-shot (and not even the lead) character, and yet, his support rivaled that of Ridley's and K. Rool's, among others.
Honestly? Probably not if I'm being blunt.

Geno's two snowballs that got things rolling in his favor were the old poll he was on and Sakurai expressing that he was cool once. I don't doubt that people would support him still in today's world, but it'd be nowhere near as large.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I love how all these Sephiroth memes use the shirtless alt.

He's not that unique, most Zelda characters people want are one shots.

Chocobo hat is a no brainer, MAAAYYYBBBEEE Geno costume, and wouldn't hurt to return the Lloyd Irving costume.
I didn't think about the fact that there's a VERY real possibility that the Lloyd costume is coming tomorrow, **** i wanted him playable.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
To get ready for more Final Fantasy VII stuff tomorrow, I had to rewatch Oney's Pointy Bits cartoon.

The video is seven years old and that **** is still hilarious.

D

Deleted member

Everyone. I am getting Steam games soon.

What Steam games do I get??? What games are amazing??? Please inform me.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
That said, why Twitch wants to go after Simp and not actual racial slurs that the site reems of is beyond me.
I mean I think racial slurs are technically already covered on the ToS, so I guess they just do a terrible job at enforcing it.

With that said I doubt we'll actually see anything done about the word "simp" either.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I mean, I'm sure Sakurai could do something interesting with him: He made Piranha Plant of all characters super weird and fun to play.

...But on the other hand, I've played Geno mods in Smash this year, and yeah, they reminded me a lot of Mii Gunner, so you're definitely not wrong about it already working very well. Geno's core concept is that he has a gun for a hand, which is why the costume could potentially fit really well if redone as a PreMiium. Heck, the situation would remind me a lot of Sans:

• Popular request amongst fans.
  • Proportions fit Mii Gunner.
  • Core concept of the character fits Mii Gunner
  • Has the opportunity to make the costume just look like the actual character.

Now I'll fully admit that this is all just speculation and it isn't guaranteed to happen, but it does all fit rather well. Couple that with the potential to tie the Geno Mii into the Mario celebrations going on right now and the fact it would reference the costume's addition with Cloud 5 years ago, it kind of makes sense.
Just to point out, Geno's concept isn't gun for a hand. He's a puppet who can transform parts of his body into guns, or even literally turn into a cannon. He's more comparable to a Jianshi than having an actual gun hand. You could also compare him to the puppets used in Naruto in some ways, namely the weapon abilities.

He does fit MIi Gunner rather well due to having a gun-focused set of abilities, though.

I haven't seen the mods, so I don't know if they're actually accurate to Geno's proper animations or not. Mii Gunner definitely isn't, but almost no Mii costume is really that accurate to the animations. The Premiums are closer, but they still have to force unrelated moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom