• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Whenever I go back to my playthrough of Final Fantasy VII, I'll probably start all over as it's been a while since I played it.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Wademan94 Wademan94 I gotchu anotha one

3D Land: Piranha Creeper Creek ~ Super Mario 3D World
I like that song though I’m not sure if that fits the more frantic nature of the stage, I initially had Hisstocrat on that stage before switching it to New Donk. I’ve put in all the other choices you gave me. Do you think there’s any of the existing choices I should replace or swap around?

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
I like that song though I’m not sure if that fits the more frantic nature of the stage, I initially had Hisstocrat on that stage before switching it to New Donk. I’ve put in all the other choices you gave me. Do you think there’s any of the existing choices I should replace or swap around?
hmmmmm maybe you could yeet the secret course theme from Delfino Plaza in favor of one of the more iconic regular stage themes from Sunshine like Bianco Hills

btw if Piranha Creeper Creek doesn't fit the vibe of the 3D Land stage, then how about Chainlink Charge?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Man im

really dizzy today

I might go bed early ish tonight...

D

Deleted member

I love how "****post Status" has become the new norm for meme videos lol

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
That said, why Twitch wants to go after Simp and not actual racial slurs that the site reems of is beyond me.
Blame Deer Lady

if you know, you know

I will say they did one thing right and make hate raids/doxxing/swatting/brigading a streamers other social media against TOS; ever since the Jambo incident

props to Jambo for handling her sitch like a boss. I wouldn’t be able to handle it if that was me probably

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
hmmmmm maybe you could yeet the secret course theme from Delfino Plaza in favor of one of the more iconic regular stage themes from Sunshine like Bianco Hills

btw if Piranha Creeper Creek doesn't fit the vibe of the 3D Land stage, then how about Chainlink Charge?
Maybe, also thinking the Beach theme from NSMBW

Ooh, maybe I could switch Hisstocrat back and add Chainlink to New Donk

D

Deleted member

Check out what I got from a friend in the mail today tho

Yes the games in the case too obviously im just focusing on the bonus item in that shot
It took me a second to realise what it was because that pin threw me off. Reminded me of Persona and Danganronpa at the same time

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Believe it or not, as big a Splatoon guy as I am, I haven't really touched ranked until now.

It's really dang fun, just like the rest of the game. Gosh, I wish Smash's online was this entertaining, lol.

Anyways, got a question for Shroob Shroob : What are ya feeling about Mii costumes tomorrow? You think what Jon Cartwright had to say about it was interesting?

Shroob

Sup?
Believe it or not, as big a Splatoon guy as I am, I haven't really touched ranked until now.

It's really dang fun, just like the rest of the game. Gosh, I wish Smash's online was this entertaining, lol.

Anyways, got a question for Shroob Shroob : What are ya feeling about Mii costumes tomorrow? You think what Jon Cartwright had to say about it was interesting?
....what did he say? :nifty:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
He did a video over at Nintendo Life giving his predictions on the Mii Fighters tomorrow, and he directly mentioned that he thinks Chocobo and Geno are returning:

He talks about 'em at the 1:52 mark. Trying to determine if this is speculation Jon, or "speculation" Jon.
I mean if Heihachi and Gil returned I think those two will too

not Lloyd though. Not YET at least...

D

Deleted member

I played tons of ranked at the start of the pandemic lol

It's fun, but it has a really steep learning curve, especially for modes like Tower Control and shudders Clam Blitz(no question my least favorite gamemode) that pretty much changes the entire game.
I tried maining Splatterscopes but that didn't last long since I have piss poor reflexes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shroob

Sup?
He did a video over at Nintendo Life giving his predictions on the Mii Fighters tomorrow, and he directly mentioned that he thinks Chocobo and Geno are returning:

He talks about 'em at the 1:52 mark. Trying to determine if this is speculation Jon, or "speculation" Jon.
Could go either way.

I think 'most' people are expecting what happened with Hero to happen to Sephiroth in that "Square content comes with a Square character."

I could see just Final Fantasy costumes like Hero only brought Dragon Quest, but my 'theory' is something I've seen a few others bring up as to the why Hero only came with DQ.

Simply put, Square Enix used to be 2 companies, Square and Enix respectively. Square made Final Fantasy(And Super Mario RPG), and Enix made Dragon Quest. TBH, while it's just mine, and a few other's theories, I kinda think the only reason Hero came with DQ was partially because it was "Enix" content, and Sephiroth will bring "Square" content, if that makes sense.

MooMew64

I played tons of ranked at the start of the pandemic lol

It's fun, but it has a really steep learning curve, especially for modes like Tower Control and shudders Clam Blitz(no question my least favorite gamemode) that pretty much changes the entire game.
I tried maining Splatterscopes but that didn't last long since I have piss poor reflexes.
I play with Splattershot Pro and Main Power up. I also love running Squelcher and Dualie Squelchers.

D

Deleted member

I play with Splattershot Pro and Main Power up. I also love running Squelcher and Dualie Squelchers.
I haven't played in forever so i can't remember what exactly I found myself liking but considering my usual playstyle is "charge headfirst and do stupid dumb tactics" I think I liked stuff like the Dualies? Maybe the Aerospray?

I def remember running a stupid build with as much mains/subs of that one gear ability that lowers how much ink you need for your special weapon: which is hilarious with stuff like regular Bomb Rush and Tenta Missiles. It's dumb but surprising effective in a decent amount of situations.

Also it's hilarious with Splashdown where I just kamikaze them while using it's hidden "activate it while squid jumping" thing. Especially effictive with Squid Beacons which are like a light to a moth. Or even on Tower Control because I can literally just nuke the entire tower as long as an ally is on it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Back to twitch for a sec

you know what legitimately does me a huge heckin concern

that one senator who wants to make streaming of any copyrighted song via YouTube or twitch punishable by PRISON

like RIP fan videos that use popular songs

and what if a game’s soundtrack is copyrighted? There’s a lot of gray areas and vagueness and it just

it needs to be stopped

MooMew64

Could go either way.

I think 'most' people are expecting what happened with Hero to happen to Sephiroth in that "Square content comes with a Square character."

I could see just Final Fantasy costumes like Hero only brought Dragon Quest, but my 'theory' is something I've seen a few others bring up as to the why Hero only came with DQ.

Simply put, Square Enix used to be 2 companies, Square and Enix respectively. Square made Final Fantasy(And Super Mario RPG), and Enix made Dragon Quest. TBH, while it's just mine, and a few other's theories, I kinda think the only reason Hero came with DQ was partially because it was "Enix" content, and Sephiroth will bring "Square" content, if that makes sense.
With how hard it is to get FF content, I'm honestly not expecting too many new FF costumes. Maybe Tifa and Barret if we're lucky.

Part of why I'm betting on Chocobo and Geno tomorrow is because I think the Mii costumes will more be SE a la carte. Stuff like Secret of Mana protagonist, Neku, Lara Croft, along with the aforementioned returning ones.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Could go either way.

Wouldn't Square content include Geno, because Square made SMRPG?

D

Deleted member

The Chocobo Hat is 100% returning. It’s the Final Fantasy mascot after all.

Geno’s Costume, I think is 50/50. If it returns, fine, hope it at least gets the Sans/Cuphead/Vault Boy/Bomberman treatment. If it doesn’t, cool, he’s still most likely in the running.

Shroob

Sup?
My own guesses tomorrow are as such:

99.99999999999% Returning:

Chocobo Hat

I'd be pretty confident on it happening:

Tifa(Brawler)
Barret(Gunner)

Less confident:

Aerith(Swordfighter, because lol staffs)
Moogle Hat

Who ****ing knows?:

Geno

D

Deleted member

Gonna be honest: While I'm not super adamant either way(and really I don't care that much), I would much rather have Geno be a mii costume than an actual fighter.

Yeah I know, pretty unpopular opinion. I just think he would fit better as a Mii overall. Kinda like Vault Boy I guess: where the character is iconic but doesn't really have anything interesting enough to make a moveset out of, that the Mii's don't already do.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Ok but hear me out

AERITH
ASSIST
TROPHY.

YES, IN A DLC PACK. if they gave Cloud a new FS with the AC alt they can include the FF7 AT that was absent in base while Cloud’s 3rd party peers Ryu and Bayonetta got ATs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom