• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
There was a problem fetching the tweet
what he said
Pretty sure Steve Rogers passed down his mantle on to Sam Wilson which does indeed make him Captain America.

I'm still enjoying Ms. Marvel on Disney+, but it is really sad to see some parts of the Internet are review bombing the show because of the character's background which is rather petty and childish.

Last edited:

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
many people have been trying to claim Sam Wilson as someone who isn’t Captain America ever since he first had the mantle in 2014…at this point I’m not surprised that they still haven’t accepted him.

they already have the same talks going on with Tim Fox as Batman and Yara (+ Nubia somewhat) as Wonder Woman
I think the reasoning is very obvious.

It's 100% people being racist. "A black person cannot be Captain America", and they need to shut up.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I watched Thor Love and Thunder

I don't feel like going into a review but I will say, as someone who loved Ragnarok (my favorite MCU movie, also revitalized my interest in the franchise when it came out) and Taika as a director, I was pretty disappointed by this film. It had some good moments but ultimately fell short.

After this, assuming my friends don't go see future MCU movies, the only upcoming MCU movies that we know of that I'm interested in are Guardians 3, Fantastic Four, and Blade. I also keep putting off the Disney+ series I haven't seen yet (that is everything after Loki) to the point I actually don't know whether or not I will watch them. Phase 4 has really disappointed me, WandaVision and Shang-Chi were pretty good and No Way Home was amazing but everything else I've seen ranged was medicore. Goes to show that Disney is currently prioritizing quantity over quality. I feel exactly the same about Star Wars, I haven't even bothered watching Obi-Wan after the second episode

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Pretty sure Steve Rogers passed down his mantle on to Sam Wilson which does indeed make him Captain America.

I'm still enjoying Ms. Marvel on Disney+, but it is really sad to see some parts of the Internet are review bombing the show because of the character's background which is rather petty and childish.
I think the reasoning is very obvious.

It's 100% people being racist. "A black person cannot be Captain America", and they need to shut up.
Comic Nerds being racist is just an average Tuesday. No clue why that is, but hey I'm kinda used to it.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Day one of the Southeast Game Exchange convention is done. Had a great time and got a lot of junk

Junk includes:
  • Wario action figure
  • Solid Snake amiibo
  • Ocarina of Time instrument
  • Premium edition of Phoenotopia: Awakening for Switch + a keychain
  • A really nice Metroid portrait that I got for winning third place in a trivia game

Now I rest for tomorrow for more fun and an NES Dr. Mario tournament I've sign up for.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
It's 100% people being racist. "A black person cannot be insert name", and they need to shut up.
that’s actually why I picked out Tim and Nubia. Miles can be included as well, since some people still won’t accept him.
I watched Thor Love and Thunder

I don't feel like going into a review but I will say, as someone who loved Ragnarok (my favorite MCU movie, also revitalized my interest in the franchise when it came out) and Taika as a director, I was pretty disappointed by this film. It had some good moments but ultimately fell short.

After this, assuming my friends don't go see future MCU movies, the only upcoming MCU movies that we know of that I'm interested in are Guardians 3, Fantastic Four, and Blade. I also keep putting off the Disney+ series I haven't seen yet (that is everything after Loki) to the point I actually don't know whether or not I will watch them. Phase 4 has really disappointed me, WandaVision and Shang-Chi were pretty good and No Way Home was amazing but everything else I've seen ranged was medicore. Goes to show that Disney is currently prioritizing quantity over quality. I feel exactly the same about Star Wars, I haven't even bothered watching Obi-Wan after the second episode
Moon Knight and Ms.Marvel…highly recommend
Comic Nerds being racist is just an average Tuesday. No clue why that is, but hey I'm kinda used to it.
the Marvel ones prefer being racist on Wednesdays

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Safe to say that Jeopardy is one of the game shows of all time

#JeopardySweep
I wonder if they got it right. Regardless of what it was labeled on the board, the contestant could have received a morbillion points.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Moon Knight and Ms.Marvel…highly recommend
Heard these were good and I'm actually more interested in them than the other Disney+ shows for similar reasons as to why I'm interested in F4 and Blade but idk if I'll ever actually watch them

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Safe to say that Jeopardy is one of the game shows of all time

#JeopardySweep
Where’s the

“This Vampire Superheroes’s catchphrase has become iconic despite note being in his debut 2022 film”

Question?

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
but no Honey mod, so the community is bad, actually
I oftentimes voice my displeasure for Sonic fans but this is one thing I can completely agree on. Honey the Cat is how I can get the semi-obscure SEGA **** only I and like 10 other people care about snuck into Sonic stuff. Bean the Dynamite also serves that purpose

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I oftentimes voice my displeasure for Sonic fans but this is one thing I can completely agree on. Honey the Cat is how I can get the semi-obscure SEGA **** only I and like 10 other people care about snuck into Sonic stuff. Bean the Dynamite also serves that purpose
Sonic fans on the internet 9 times out of 10 will have the worst takes you will ever see in your life

except Honey fans, they're based

MooMew64

Sonic has a lot of characters to call back from and it's truly strange when Sega ignores some or just can't do diddly squat with them suddenly, and I feel like it rubbed off on the fans a lot.
This is the part where for the 1,000,000,000th time, Solar Nyan shall proceed to whine about how Sega pretends Cream the Rabbit doesn't exist.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
This is the part where for the 1,000,000,000th time, Solar Nyan shall proceed to whine about how Sega pretends Cream the Rabbit doesn't exist.
It's not even just Cream. I know we all harp on Forces but like... aside from Modern sonic and the Avatar, none of them did anything except Silver who got his ass kicked and then disappeared for the rest. And there was no reason to bring back classic, he didn't do anything.

But beyind that, Team Sonic's Racing having the most confusing team based roster despite already having established teams in canon is just... yeah.

MooMew64

It's not even just Cream. I know we all harp on Forces but like... aside from Modern sonic and the Avatar, none of them did anything except Silver who got his ass kicked and then disappeared for the rest. And there was no reason to bring back classic, he didn't do anything.

But beyind that, Team Sonic's Racing having the most confusing team based roster despite already having established teams in canon is just... yeah.
They're still scared of the "SONIC'S STUPID FRIENDS" crowd.

Time will tell if that wound ever heals.

MooMew64

Insane they took that to heart but keep bringing back Zavok as if he wasn't derided by fans and critics alike.
I feel like it's because they need villains besides Eggman and Metal but refuse to make anymore or not kill the ones they had.

Like, besides Eggman, all they have is:

The Zeti (literally no one likes them)

Chaos (was redeemed and is now a Guardian spirit of the Chao with Tikal)

Black Doom is dead

Mephiles is dead and 99% never ever coming back because 06

Iblis was not a character, also 06

Infinite is dead(?) and probably never coming back because Forces

Archie villain cast isn't an option because Penders

Chronicles is out too because Penders

Rush villains also died I think (Except Blaze's Eggman, but like...That's just Eggman with white hair, lol)

Merlina gets redeemed

Erazor dies

Dark Gaia is sealed away with Chip (Was also not a character, but instead a force of nature like Iblis)

IDW will probably never become truly cannon. so no Surge and Kit, and
Starline is, for the moment, dead.

So that really only leaves them with the Zeti. It's kind of the same problem Mario has where they do introduce new villains, but then always kill them if they ain't Bowser lol. They really need to build up a rogue's gallery.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
that’s actually why I picked out Tim and Nubia. Miles can be included as well, since some people still won’t accept him.
That's because most of the time he's either pretty boring or pretty stereotypical.

Yeah when he's well written he's cool but a lot of the time i just dont find him engaging.

Which is a problem when he's a character specifically designed to appeal to me

MooMew64

I hope whatever villains are in Frontiers are both received well and aren't killed/redeemed. Specifically so Zavok and his Koopaling bootlegs can stop showing up everywhere.
no

the new girl will become Sonic's new best friend and there is nothing you can do to stop it

or she'll die

or merge with the planet

or get a vacation home in Tahoe, IDK

#ZetiSweep

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I feel like it's because they need villains besides Eggman and Metal but refuse to make anymore or not kill the ones they had.

Like, besides Eggman, all they have is:

The Zeti (literally no one likes them)

Chaos (was redeemed and is now a Guardian spirit of the Chao with Tikal)

Black Doom is dead

Mephiles is dead and 99% never ever coming back because 06

Iblis was not a character, also 06

Infinite is dead(?) and probably never coming back because Forces

Archie villain cast isn't an option because Penders

Chronicles is out too because Penders

Rush villains also died I think (Except Blaze's Eggman, but like...That's just Eggman with white hair, lol)

Merlina gets redeemed

Erazor dies

Dark Gaia is sealed away with Chip (Was also not a character, but instead a force of nature like Iblis)

IDW will probably never become truly cannon. so no Surge and Kit, and
Starline is, for the moment, dead.

So that really only leaves them with the Zeti. It's kind of the same problem Mario has where they do introduce new villains, but then always kill them if they ain't Bowser lol. They really need to build up a rogue's gallery.
If you ask me they should bring back Fang the Sniper and make him like a Mercinary for Hire.

Would never happen but yeah

MooMew64

If you ask me they should bring back Fang the Sniper and make him like a Mercinary for Hire.

Would never happen but yeah
Oh yeah

The Hooligans, forgot about them.

...And they're also Genesis-themed characters, so unfortunately per Sega rules, Classic Sonic Land only, baybeeeeee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom