• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Miyamoto L
I respect that he's the one who came up with these worlds but like

Dude apparently personally stepped in and forced the Mario Galaxy 2 devs to axe all the lore and story, and he was proud of it.

Miyamoto's been wack for a while now. Dude needs to to leave devs alone. :202:

MooMew64

Yup, figured that was why, haha. Or more accurately, SEGA doesn't want to afford them.

Do we have a source on that? Cause if so I wanna read up on that, haha.
We only have speculation. Most common theory is they don't wanna deal with VA Union, but IDK if Rodger and Cindy are in VA Union.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
No source I made it up.

But it's SEGA so maybe not
Honestly, you probably are right, haha. What most likely happened is that Roger and Cindy had to dip out since they couldn't afford to keep working for the pay they were receiving. And I mean, Roger clearly did want to keep voicing Sonic. And also, Mike Pollock said that if he was leaving or not remained to be seen, so I doubt SEGA themselves were booting the VAs off. SEGA probably raised their pay once they saw the demand for Roger and Cindy's performances online.

I've seen a very simmilar situation happen with Miraculous Ladybug. Numerous VAs started dropping out of the show due to low rates (And the fact that different VAs were being paid different rates by the company, and they weren't allowed to discuss their pay) and the company raised their pay once they started getting backlash.

All speculation on my part, though, haha.

We only have speculation. Most common theory is they don't wanna deal with VA Union, but IDK if Rodger and Cindy are in VA Union.
Roger and Cindy aren't union as far as I'm aware, at least.

(Speaking of VA Union, little fun fact: Kid Icarus: Uprising is one of the few Nintendo games to have union VO. Due to this, in Smash, all Kid Icarus characters aren't voiced by their original VAs with the exception of Pit and Dark Pit, who's VA goes uncredited in the game.)

Edit: Correction on that! Viridi's VA also reprises her role (albeit uncredited) but only for the Smash 4 Palutena's Guidance conversations. The new ones in Ultimate are a new VA.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
If its in all honesty about the directs.

I'd be kinda fine if we had a partner showcase but one small first party announcement sort of thing at the end. Nothing like Odyssey 2 but something FE Warriors or 51 Worldwide Games level that can fill the Nintendo gap from Splatoon to Pokemon.
A Pushmo collection, Wave Race remaster, Pilotwings, Chibi Robo, Excitebike come to mind.

Third party ports..................................IDK what I want outside of Persona.
With Wreckfest, Assassins Creed, Crisis Core FFVII, Portal, No More Heroes, Burnout, The Witcher, Persona 4 Arena, Borderlands on it etc I'm just like:
1656280385585.png

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I just came back from the new Jurassic World movie. It was nice. Not actually something special, but nice. What did I miss?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Honestly, you probably are right, haha. What most likely happened is that Roger and Cindy had to dip out since they couldn't afford to keep working for the pay they were receiving. And I mean, Roger clearly did want to keep voicing Sonic. And also, Mike Pollock said that if he was leaving or not remained to be seen, so I doubt SEGA themselves were booting the VAs off. SEGA probably raised their pay once they saw the demand for Roger and Cindy's performances online.

I've seen a very simmilar situation happen with Miraculous Ladybug. Numerous VAs started dropping out of the show due to low rates (And the fact that different VAs were being paid different rates by the company, and they weren't allowed to discuss their pay) and the company raised their pay once they started getting backlash.

All speculation on my part, though, haha.

Roger and Cindy aren't union as far as I'm aware, at least.

(Speaking of VA Union, little fun fact: Kid Icarus: Uprising is one of the few Nintendo games to have union VO. Due to this, in Smash, all Kid Icarus characters aren't voiced by their original VAs with the exception of Pit and Dark Pit, who's VA goes uncredited in the game.)

Edit: Correction on that! Viridi's VA also reprises her role (albeit uncredited) but only for the Smash 4 Palutena's Guidance conversations. The new ones in Ultimate are a new VA.
losing Chad Viridi is still a sad moment in Kid Icarus representation for Smash

Starfire/Bubblegum Viridi is a goat

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
For real though, miyamoto and whoever over sees Nintendos legal team, need to step away.

let them watch from afar but they shouldn’t be allowed to intervene in development.

Let paper Mario have it’s damn Ocs back, it literally would sell more copies if mr Scrimbo Bimbo was a partner.

Last edited:

MooMew64

Let paper Mario have it’s damn Ocs back, it literally would sell more copies if mr Scrimbo Bimbo was a partner.
In fairness...

Miyamoto isn't behind PM's major problems.

And Miyamoto is a great game designer, but yeah, he doesn't (IMO) have the greatest takes on story and art direction.

...Also, techincally, PM doesn't need the OCs to sell. As much as I want them back, Origami King popped off and is the bestselling game in the series ATM.

Reactions: Z25

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
If Miyamoto was indeed responsible for Paper Mario's current state, we wouldn't be getting the Mario + Rabbids series or even the upcoming movie.
From what I can tell, the Dev Team jad issies, Miyamoto suggested them to simplify it, and the dev team decided to make Sticker Star off his suggestion.

But people act like Miyamoto actively sabatoged all of development and kidnapped every dev of the first 3 and sold his soul to Toad Satan. No, Intellegent Systems just ****ed up and from what I can tell they were happy with SS and didn't even realize people hated it until they were well into Color Splash.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Yesterday I was at a board game store and they had an emulation game console with thousands of games for people to play.

But man, did it have the ****iest PS2 styled controller I've ever held.

MooMew64

Music is God Tier. Idk what magic Intelligent Systems did but they nead to release that **** I'd buy it day one.
I've actually started slowly collecting Nintendo soundtracks, ha ha.

Only missing the last Splatoon OST for Splatoon. Need to pick up the Mario Odyssey discs at some point, and thankfully one of my brothers owns most of the Zelda OSTs. Kirby ones are sold but are quite pricey, but I'll nab 'em eventually. Mario Kart 8's is stupid expensive ATM, unfortunately.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I've actually started slowly collecting Nintendo soundtracks, ha ha.

Only missing the last Splatoon OST for Splatoon. Need to pick up the Mario Odyssey discs at some point, and thankfully one of my brothers owns most of the Zelda OSTs. Kirby ones are sold but are quite pricey, but I'll nab 'em eventually. Mario Kart 8's is stupid expensive ATM, unfortunately.
I din't officiqlly own any Ninty albums, I was a YT enjoyer.

Until... yeah

MooMew64

I din't officiqlly own any Ninty albums, I was a YT enjoyer.

Until... yeah
Them attacking us YT enjoyers is exactly why I've started collecting them. :202:

Ah well, it gives me a fun bit of merch to grab here and there, lol.

I'm eagerly awaiting them selling Forgotten Land's OST. Especially since there's a buying service out there now that makes it more affordable to import.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Them attacking us YT enjoyers is exactly why I've started collecting them. :202:

Ah well, it gives me a fun bit of merch to grab here and there, lol.

I'm eagerly awaiting them selling Forgotten Land's OST. Especially since there's a buying service out there now that makes it more affordable to import.
Hal might put that on Spotify, the did with the 3DS games (unless they stopped)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom