• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
View attachment 354752
No way Nomura was hung up on it because he couldn't figure out a way to tie it to KH canon
Nomura explaining how Mario Donkey Kong Zelda Metroid Kirby Star Fox Pokemon Splatoon Sonic Pikmin Fire Emblem Banjo Kazooie Metal Gear Xenoblade PAC-MAN F-Zero Warioware MOTHER Bayonetta Castlevania ARMS Yoshi's Island Street Fighter Final Fantasy Minecraft Tekken Duck Hunt Dragon Quest Animal Crossing Persona Mega Man Punch Out Game & Watch Wii Sports Kid Icarus Fatal Fury Gyromite/Stack 'Em Up and Wii Fit all fit into the lore of Ratatouille

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
God I hope. In fact, all SE characters should be regulars, they're the face of RPGs
I've been negative about them coming back in the past, but IDK, Smash is such a juggernaut now that if future games are still chill with reusing previous games as a base, I don't honestly know who would really say no to what is gaming's biggest advertisement now. If they don't reboot the roster next time, I really think most are coming back.

Nomura explaining how Mario Donkey Kong Zelda Metroid Kirby Star Fox Pokemon Splatoon Sonic Pikmin Fire Emblem Banjo Kazooie Metal Gear Xenoblade PAC-MAN F-Zero Warioware MOTHER Bayonetta Castlevania ARMS Yoshi's Island Street Fighter Final Fantasy Minecraft Tekken Duck Hunt Dragon Quest Animal Crossing Persona Mega Man Punch Out Game & Watch Wii Sports Kid Icarus Fatal Fury Gyromite/Stack 'Em Up and Wii Fit all fit into the lore of Ratatouille

darkness

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I've been negative about them coming back in the past, but IDK, Smash is such a juggernaut now that if future games are still chill with reusing previous games as a base, I don't honestly know who would really say no to what is gaming's biggest advertisement now. If they don't reboot the roster next time, I really think most are coming back.

darkness
Switchless KH fans when Sora starts going on tangents on the Orginization's Update 13.0.0, being inside the 13th Dark Lost City (in realms between), and being the 7th of the 2nd trip to the DLC (It's important Smash reference)
1kjoij.jpg

MooMew64

Side note

If Nintendo does skip a Direct this month

NGL that would be really funny with how hard news sites and content creators are committing to there actually being one.

(Also, y'know, trying to make everyone think this is E3 to help get those lost E3 viewership numbers)

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Since we're on the topic of SE characters in Smash, I wanna say how disingenous a lot of the community wrote them off as "another generic swordfighter". It completely writes off their historical significance and funnels them into one category to downplay just how important they truly are. One pioneered RPGs, two popularized it in the west, and the last popularized Action JRPGs as well as being one of the most successful crossovers ever made. Maybe they should try them out first before dismissing them.

MooMew64

Since we're on the topic of SE characters in Smash, I wanna say how disingenous a lot of the community wrote them off as "another generic swordfighter". It completely writes off their historical significance and funnels them into one category to downplay just how important they truly are. One pioneered RPGs, two popularized it in the west, and the last popularized Action JRPGs as well as being one of the most successful crossovers ever made. Maybe they should try them out first before dismissing them.
While all true

That would mean Nintendo fans would have to not only play a video game, but play video games outside of Mario and Zelda, something they are physically incapable of doing

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
While all true

That would mean Nintendo fans would have to not only play a video game, but play video games outside of Mario and Zelda, something they are physically incapable of doing
I mean both FF and DQ are on the Switch so they only got themselves to blame for not trying them out. I thought they wanted Switch ports?

Last edited:

MooMew64

I mean both FF and DQ are on the Switch so they only got themselves to blame for not trying them out. I thought they wanted Switch ports?
Only if it's Persona, the only good JRPG. It invented:

• Red
  • Japan
  • Society
  • Jazz
  • Turn based combat
  • Friendship
  • Gaming

Final Fantasy BETRAYED Nintendo for Sony, Dragon Quest is sword Goku trash (no one wanted them 🤮) and Kingdom Farts is cringe.

Shoulda added what the FANS wanted, Sakurai biased and lets us down once again. What's next, MORE Fire Emblem??? #FireSakurai #NatDex

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
They want switch ports just so they can say the games are on the switch.

They’re not gonna play them lol
Only if it's Persona, the only good JRPG. It invented:

• Red
  • Japan
  • Society
  • Jazz
  • Turn based combat
  • Friendship
  • Gaming

Final Fantasy BETRAYED Nintendo for Sony, Dragon Quest is sword Goku trash (no one wanted them 🤮) and Kingdom Farts is cringe.

Shoulda added what the FANS wanted, Sakurai biased and lets us down once again. What's next, MORE Fire Emblem??? #FireSakurai #NatDex
Their loss, I played DQ and FF because of Smash and got back into KH after Sora and I can say all 3 are peak. Nintendo fans™️ are missing out

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
That's pretty cool. Of course Nintendo still had to spend money on it (how much I'm almost scared to ask).
they probably had the right amount Disney took without even letting them name a price
and the next day
View attachment 354752
No way Nomura was hung up on it because he couldn't figure out a way to tie it to KH canon
how else can Kingdom Hearts exist within Nintendo?
If Disney really was that chill and Nomura's happy with the inclusion, maybe he will become a regular guest character.
Sonic then finds a way to crossover with Kingdom Hearts, resurrecting his crossover streak

we find out Pit and Sora are relatives, and that Donkey Kong is the first ever Keyblade wielder

MooMew64

Ngl functionally getting 3 days off has been nice for my mental health
Huge reason I love the 4 10s schedule is that having that extra full day is amazing. It makes the four you do work drag a bit, but man of man having my weekend start Thursday evening feels nice.

It feels a little sucky this week though 'cause it's super hot and summer is not fun. :040:

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
Huge reason I love the 4 10s schedule is that having that extra full day is amazing. It makes the four you do work drag a bit, but man of man having my weekend start Thursday evening feels nice.

It feels a little sucky this week though 'cause it's super hot and summer is not fun. :040:
For me, I'm usually working upwards of 6 shifts in a row of 9:30am -8:15pm which is uh... an experience to say the least :yoshi:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom