• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Back on Stadium 2. Taking on the Kanto leaders.

Janine after my Pokemon hurts itself in confusion and she gets a crit: "You have no luck"

The absolutely hostile rng is one thing but the computer opponents dialogue is just salting the wound.

EDIT: Blue's loss quote "I've only lost to him and now you. Him... hee hee"

Foreshadowing Him.
1651992925710.png

EDIT 2: Sigh, almost beat Red first go but his Tauros caused my Pokemon to flinch.

EDIT 3: Few more attempts and I beat him. Came down to wire though.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'm really enjoying reading Dracula Daily.

The mail format makes following the story immersive as it gets and so far, the writing doesn't challenge me as much as I thought it would. It's pretty fun, I forget how unintentionally funny the book could get.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
You ever think about how hard they went for the Rugrats movie's credits theme?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It's funny how, before there was an official localization, fans translated her name as "Yoru" and then the mangaka had to clarify there would be no sensible spellings in this work.
It's funny when Loid and Anya could be a real names if spelled different too. Guess the forger part of their names weren't forged well

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I am weirdly obsessed with the idea of Midway vs. Capcom as a fighting game. I just think it would be really cool!

Midway is probably my favorite old arcade company anyway, especially if you count the games they bought from Williams and Atari. We’re really long overdue for a Midway collection like what Namco and Capcom have been doing with the Namco Museam and Arcade Stadium series.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I've alive and to post a few things.

1. To the fellows Brits and Irish about the election the past week:

1652014683192.png

So for the first time and following Scotland there's now a pro-Irish majority in my country. Not right away but Irish reunification could be possible in the next few years.

First time since the country/region/province/whatever it is' formation a century ago.

Politics out of the way.

2. We now need a crossover between Kaguya-sama and Spy x Family a billion percent more after this:

au7e38vs43y81.jpg

3. A reminder that the Penguins of Madagascar are glorious:

As everyones mother, I demand yall give me candy. Come on, I dont have all day
Yeah...................but its not Mother's Day where I am so I don't have to:

haha-anime.gif

Do I have to?

I am weirdly obsessed with the idea of Midway vs. Capcom as a fighting game. I just think it would be really cool!

Midway is probably my favorite old arcade company anyway, especially if you count the games they bought from Williams and Atari. We’re really long overdue for a Midway collection like what Namco and Capcom have been doing with the Namco Museam and Arcade Stadium series.
Speaking of Vs. Capcom game, I would love to see Paramount vs. Capcom game.

The Paramount roster would consist of Nickelodeon, Paramount Movie, MTV and Comedy central characters.
The Capcom roster contains Capcom Characters. No self explanatory.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

Midway vs Capcom.
Should the Paperboy be on his bike for the entire game?
Also said game needs to have a Toobin stage.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Happy Mother's Day

DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Lady race:

1652019786393.png

“I’m Lady Asherah. Let beautiful bloodshed bloom in your decaying world with my beautiful power.”

Alignment: Light-Chaos

Origin: Semitic mythology. A mother goddess and the consort of Anu. She was revered as the “mother of gods and all living beings” or “lady of the sea” and commonly worshiped by matriarchs. Her symbols include lions and trees, representing her caring and violent sides. She supported her son Yam in his battle against Ba’al. Asherah’s cult is commonly compared to goddesses Ishtar, Anat, and Astarte and she’s even mentioned in Abrahamic sources.

Skills: Maragidyne, Mabufudyne, Samarecarm, Blight

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Raptor race.

According to the wiki, Kaneko's design for Asherah draws inspiration from Dada of the Ultraman Series. This may explain some weird stuff going on with her look but overall, I think she’s a great study at creating a character that conveys a strong image of antiquity, from her obsidian knife to the mysterious lines covering her body. Not to mention how big she looks from her memorable posture alone. I normally don’t care much about fertility goddesses being sexualized in modern media, especially if they have other patronage going on, but Asherah at least has a dangerous air that balances her look. I think this was one of the best demons that came out of Strange Journey.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Anyways, good morning
SE woke up the morning of Sora's Sakurai Presents and decided starting with the announcement of KH Cloud versions as the Switch's only means of playing some PS2 games, they would kickstart a whole year of mid and rival Konami for Japan's funniest developer.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Happy Mother's Day

DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Lady race:

View attachment 352025

“I’m Lady Asherah. Let beautiful bloodshed bloom in your decaying world with my beautiful power.”

Alignment: Light-Chaos

Origin: Semitic mythology. A mother goddess and the consort of Anu. She was revered as the “mother of gods and all living beings” or “lady of the sea” and commonly worshiped by matriarchs. Her symbols include lions and trees, representing her caring and violent sides. She supported her son Yam in his battle against Ba’al. Asherah’s cult is commonly compared to goddesses Ishtar, Anat, and Astarte and she’s even mentioned in Abrahamic sources.

Skills: Maragidyne, Mabufudyne, Samarecarm, Blight

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Raptor race.

According to the wiki, Kaneko's design for Asherah draws inspiration from Dada of the Ultraman Series. This may explain some weird stuff going on with her look but overall, I think she’s a great study at creating a character that conveys a strong image of antiquity, from her obsidian knife to the mysterious lines covering her body. Not to mention how big she looks from her memorable posture alone. I normally don’t care much about fertility goddesses being sexualized in modern media, especially if they have other patronage going on, but Asherah at least has a dangerous air that balances her look. I think this was one of the best demons that came out of Strange Journey.
Huh, I never made the connection before but she's got the same line pattern as Dada aliens
Dada_Movie_(1).png

They add up pretty much perfectly

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I could play some KH today…but the painful stress of trying to beat Ursula is too much to wanna deal with again…

oh well…good thing I bought a $50 online pass on Switch just to play Banjo-Kazooie, Majora’s Mask (maybe if I cheat hard enough I can win), and Paper Mario

MooMew64

I still have to see how badly they mangled Chrono Cross lol.

I'll probably pick it up in like, a couple months. Don't wanna do it right now when I'm too busy with LEGO Star Wars and Kirby, as well as Steam Deck shenanigans (although I am pretty close to fresh outta projects for that).

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
God The Bad Guys is such a good movie
Got that right.

Could have been slightly improved by removing the fart jokes tho but overall didn't bother me since there weren't too many and sparse enough. Not that I find them disgusting, it's just a cheap and lazy way to try and get laughs, should try to be more creative IMO.

Otherwise, one of my current 3 favorite films this year with Sonic 2 and The Batman.
I want to see The Bad Guys but I'm leaning towards waiting for the home release.
Regardless of theater or home release. You'll enjoy the film for sure.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I could play some KH today…but the painful stress of trying to beat Ursula is too much to wanna deal with again…

oh well…good thing I bought a $50 online pass on Switch just to play Banjo-Kazooie, Majora’s Mask (maybe if I cheat hard enough I can win), and Paper Mario
If you're having trouble with Ursula, equip all of the thunder resistance equipment that I'm sure you've accumulated a sizeable amount of and float around the back of her head and attack there.

MooMew64

If you're having trouble with Ursula, equip all of the thunder resistance equipment that I'm sure you've accumulated a sizeable amount of and float around the back of her head and attack there.
Is it the fight itself, or the constant "AH HA HA HA HA HA" she keeps doing destroying their eardrums, because both are valid struggles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom