• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I mean, they got DKCR on the 3DS and that was a near launch title iirc.

Didn't Xenoblade 3D take some substancial downgrades though?
The graphics obviously took a big hit and there are a few instances of slowdown that didn't exist in the original but the rest of the game is accounted for and it runs quite well for the most part. Back in the day, if you wanted to play Xenoblade and didn't have a Wii/Wii U (or became a pirate), it was a totally viable way of experiencing it, and being able to play it on the go was great. The 3DS version was my first experience with XC1 and I don't feel like I missed out on anything by playing it.

But it's a completely useless port now thanks to Definitive Edition, soooooo... 🤷‍♂️

Just a penguin

Smash Master
Bzzzzzzzzzt! Sorry about the technical difficulties, everyone! For everyone's convenience, let's all pretend that previous broadcast never happened.

Welcome to today's weekly Smash Bros MTG Crossover, where I'll be showing off ROB! I like him, because he's our first truly colorless character in the series so far.
See this robot's card here:

I leaned into his charging mechanic that determines the strength of his laser and the duration of his flight. I really think I did a good job with keeping him truly colorless with abilities that lean into each color (flying has black, white and blue; first strike has white and red, haste has black, red and green). Next up is Toon Link, and I would happily take any suggestions on how to differentiate him from normal and young Link. Until then, everyone!

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Now that the Viacom Overlords have left us can we all agree that Fairly Oddparents fell off harder than Spongebob did at its worst?

Like Spongebob fell from a higher place but FOP fell much further and is continuing to fall unlike Spongebob which has climbed back up.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Now that the Viacom Overlords have left us can we all agree that Fairly Oddparents fell off harder than Spongebob did at its worst?

Like Spongebob fell from a higher place but FOP fell much further and is continuing to fall unlike Spongebob which has climbed back up.
What I'm most confused abiut is the audience.

Shows that go on forever like Spongebob or the Simpsons usually garned a big or at least respectable audience size. The Fairly Odd Parents just... don't. They had to introduce 3 brand new characters midway and only 1 of them saved the ratings before it started to decline again, and then they just slapped it on Nicktoons where all Nick cartoons go to die.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Caught a shiny Kricketune in BDSP not long ago. Now I caught a shiny Kricketot in Legends Arceus.

Reactions: Z25

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

FOP fell off harder than the Terminator films. Fell off harder than any TV show I can think of in general honestly.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Worked some overtime and I ended up splurging on the 3DS eShop as I saw that SEGA is doing a large sale this week. Ended up getting most of the remaining 3DS titles on my list before the store closes down. There are still some Nintendo developed games and the Guild01/02 set, but I'm content for now.

Professor Layton Vs. Ace Attorney
Rhythm Heaven Megamix
Yumi's Odd Odyssey
River City Knights of Justice
Kokuga
Nano Assault EX ($2 on sale)
Pokemon Yellow
Aura Aura Climber
Remaining 3D Classics I didn't already own (SEGA on sale for $3 each)

If you're a completionist and are going for the full set of Nintendo/SEGA 3D Classics, I feel the need to mention that 3D Fantasy Zone is different than the Fantasy Zone that is included in the physical SEGA 3D Classics set. Physical includes the Master System version, while the eShop version is the full Arcade game with bonus features. It took me a while to figure out the difference admittedly...

If you're after the SMT/Persona 3DS games, you'll probably want to jump on them now while they're currently 50% off.

Also worth mentioning that Raidant Historia Perfect Chronology is currently $10. On the aftermarket a loose cart goes for $70+.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Does anyone have any advice for bringing a cat who likes going outdoors into an apartment in which he can't go outdoors? I want to keep my cat when moving and he can't stay home as we no longer have the house he's spent most of his life
Does the new house have a balcony? It's going to be a rough transition for your cat but having a safe place where he can watch outside might help, preferably with some plants cats like to eat. If not, you can try finding a window with a view, and putting a seat in front of it would suffice.

I'd also invest in more toys/scratching posts because he'll likely want more stimulation indoors.

I hope things go well!

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Half tempted to go back to my old forum haunt (on Discord) out of boredom and see how long it'll take before they realise its me.

Or I can go out again for a walk.

Lovely day but freezing. Welcome to Ireland.

osby

Smash Obsessed
That's what being Inanna's brother-in-law does to you

DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Tyrant race:

1648908583404.png

“I am the Tyrant Nergal. The sword that conquered the underworld is thine.”

Alignment: Dark-Neutral

Origin: Mesopotamian mythology. Nergal is a fearsome deity of diseases and the underworld, acting as both a war god and a protector of peace. After he fails to pay his respects to the goddess of the underworld Ereshkigal, she demands Nergal to be sent to the underworld, planning to kill him. However, they fall in love and Ereshkigal threatens the gods with opening the gates of her domain unless Nergal is given to her, leading to their marriage.

Skills: Hamabarion, Mudobarion, Glacial Blast, Berserker God

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Genma race.

Weird, this is the first time I’m seeing that Nergal has a mustache. Huh. Anyway, Nergal’s look mainly focuses on his role as a god of diseases but also has some smart horn symbols on his skirt and helmet, referencing how bulls are his symbols. The faces over his body can be interpreted as evil spirits he both wielded and kept away from houses, though I imagine they must make things interesting with Ereshkigal in the bedroom. Just like his Greek counterpart Hades, Nergal is a lot more wholesome than popular media would want you to believe, not that he appears there much.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Does the new house have a balcony? It's going to be a rough transition for your cat but having a safe place where he can watch outside might help, preferably with some plants cats like to eat. If not, you can try finding a window with a view, and putting a seat in front of it would suffice.

I'd also invest in more toys/scratching posts because he'll likely want more stimulation indoors.

I hope things go well!
I never heard of plants cats would eat but I can try that. As for toys and scratching posts, he never really seemed to care much about the former and how do I make sure he actually uses them? Thanks regardless, got some more advice from discord involving food and the sill

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Well those buildings. How hard is it to draw in perspective like that. Right now im stuck making flat rectangles and i wont my stuff to look less borinh
Oh, ok. This is something I learned in my high school artclass. It's all about angles and perspective. For example, look at this
download (16).jpeg

pedestrian-architecture-road-skyline-traffic-street-71505-pxhere.com-ea7fd4d112754938828312ff1...jpg

Look at the top of those buuldings. Notice that the tops of those buildings all angle down torwards the center of the image. Notice how the bases are all straight vertical lines. This is on the perspective that you are shorter than the buildings, that you're looking up.

Now these are all angled down torwards the center. If you angle the lines to the center up, it'll look a little strange if you don't complete the top of the building. Angling them up actually will give you the impression that you are higher than the building. For example
gmo6rcbxhdzridrp15ny.jpg

Notice how the ones in the foreground are all so slightly angled up, thus you can see the rooftops and stuff. Now look at the ones in the background, where you can't see the roofs. They're all horizontal or slightly angled downward towards the cented of the image. Because again, you can't see the roofs for you are on a lower level.

Yeah, that's about the best I can explain.

Edit: So I noticed in my drawing that my buldings were pointed away from the center. This also works too, but again notice thet they are angled down and away from the center. Torwards the center works best if you want to show perspective at like an intersection or something. Away works if you just want to give the vibe of a bustling city.

Hopes that helps.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Just a humorous idea that popped into my head.

Gamera/Attack on Titan crossover

Titans are switched and replaced with Gyaos

AoT Humanity: We're free! The titans are finally gone!
Gyaos: Oh, I wouldn't say freed. More like, under new management!

Meanwhile in Gamera's universe

Gamera would have an easier time handling titans making his job far easier along with the combined efforts of that earth's humanity's arsenal which would wreck all the titans with absolute ease.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Oh, ok. This is something I learned in my high school artclass. It's all about angles and perspective. For example, look at this
View attachment 349174
View attachment 349175
Look at the top of those buuldings. Notice that the tops of those buildings all angle down torwards the center of the image. Notice how the bases are all straight vertical lines. This is on the perspective that you are shorter than the buildings, that you're looking up.

Now these are all angled down torwards the center. If you angle the lines to the center up, it'll look a little strange if you don't complete the top of the building. Angling them up actually will give you the impression that you are higher than the building. For example
View attachment 349178
Notice how the ones in the foreground are all so slightly angled up, thus you can see the rooftops and stuff. Now look at the ones in the background, where you can't see the roofs. They're all horizontal or slightly angled downward towards the cented of the image. Because again, you can't see the roofs for you are on a lower level.

Yeah, that's about the best I can explain.

Edit: So I noticed in my drawing that my buldings were pointed away from the center. This also works too, but again notice thet they are angled down and away from the center. Torwards the center works best if you want to show perspective at like an intersection or something. Away works if you just want to give the vibe of a bustling city.

Hopes that helps.
Yeah that helps. Here is your payment. I dont have money so have this
118046-AT-120229-puppies-01.jpg

osby

Smash Obsessed
I never heard of plants cats would eat but I can try that. As for toys and scratching posts, he never really seemed to care much about the former and how do I make sure he actually uses them? Thanks regardless, got some more advice from discord involving food and the sill
Some cats like eating grass, and some pet shops sell the ones they enjoy under the label "cat grass".

Unfortunately, there's no way to make sure scratching posts actually see any use. I got one once and my cats still prefer using furniture. Still, it doesn't hurt if get a small one (you can look up how to build your own if it is too expensive for a purchase you're not sure will be useful).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom