• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Seems like the episode is building up to a finale. I'd personally be ok with Peacemaker being just a mini-series.

But hey if we get another season. I'm still all down for it.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Man this visual of Xenoblade 3 is just a lot to drink in. I'm throwing in some new thoughts.

X33A.jpg

The Mechonis Sword (which we last saw destroyed)
Uraya sliced in half.
And these are meant to be the size of countries.

-A tiny part of me is worried about retconning but its unlikely. After the end of Xenoblade 1 and 2 it both looked like the world's transformed and at peace but no. It better be a cool reason.

-It's seems clear the two nations (maybe another or so independent) are descended from Bionis/Mechonis (but no Machina?) and Alrest.
The American accent of the Blade like character Sena means they still probably exist as an independent species and maybe without the need of a Driver.

-Nia and Melia (come on its them) not to mention the rumours...............I'm betting 100 to 200 years since the end of both games. Both leads I can see being grandchildren of main characters.

-The interesting thing is and I hope this is put in the game. What would Shulk's heroics be viewed as by that time? What about Rex and Pyra/Mythra by the time the story begins? Kinda like Korra to TLA sort of thing legacy wise.

-I am hoping that both sides have the two remaining Aegis as figureheads in some form. Ontos/Alvis to and Pyra or Mythra for Agnus (one of the two maybe in some sort of permanent grief from seeing Rex grow old and die?).

-And lastly what about towns? Has Colony 9 for example grown into a city by then? What about Fonsett Village or Torigoth?

I've looking way too into this.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
One thing I'm hoping to come back in the new Mario Strikers is the unique character musical themes with distinct styles. It really let out their personalities.

There was something special about Wario polka, Waluigi bluegrass and so on, that I'm curious what type of themes they'd go for for new characters like Rosalina

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Man… I miss smash. And MK. And SF. And Injustice. And really any fighting game with a continuously expected reveal cycle. I really wish we knew what NRS was doing honestly. Would fill the void (for me personally).

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Yesterday, VivziePop released a video advertising their Valentines sale. In said video, they said the next episode of Helluva Boss is coming "soon".

I want to believe mid February to mid March is that time.

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Usually I don't give a **** about soccer/ football/ Fußball but...OMG MARIO STRIKERS IS BACK I LOVE IT!!!

One thing I'm hoping to come back in the new Mario Strikers is the unique character musical themes with distinct styles. It really let out their personalities.

There was something special about Wario polka, Waluigi bluegrass and so on, that I'm curious what type of themes they'd go for for new characters like Rosalina
Oh, that would be amazing. They need to bring that back!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The song that might play when you fight:
Volo

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Ok so we got a bunch of upgrades shown off for Forgotten Land on the Japanese Website. However, we also saw this
View attachment 344791
THAT'S THE SLEEP HAT AT THE VERY RIGHT WHAT THE **** IS AN UPGRADE TO THAT GONNA DO
You've heard of sleep ability now get ready for

Death

Kirby just straight up ****in dies

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Ok so we got a bunch of upgrades shown off for Forgotten Land on the Japanese Website. However, we also saw this
View attachment 344791
THAT'S THE SLEEP HAT AT THE VERY RIGHT WHAT THE **** IS AN UPGRADE TO THAT GONNA DO
Snoring or sleep walking, perhaps?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Didn't think I would leave Green Lantern out of the Black History Month? Drew him in some sketches before, but nothing major. So this was my first real attempt at drawing him. Getting the exact vibe for his face in a different style is tricky though.

KillerCage

Smash Master
I'm very happy for you, @Lamperouge , @Hydreigonfan01 and all the other Xenoblade fans here. I got into the series with Pyra/Mythra's reveal for Smash and even after playing through the two games back to back I was already thirsting for the third game. I couldn't imagine what the wait felt like for those of you who were with the series ever since XC2 first came out, XCX and especially at the beginning with XC1 and imagining what the sequels were gonna look like.

Xenoblade means a lot to me too. XC1 taught me to be more confident with my life choices and XC2 taught me that no matter how ****** your situation might be, there's always a glimmer of hope for a better future. I love both games (Don't have the means to play X unfortunately), especially XC2. I cried for over a hour after the ending and I became so passionate about the game that I bought the artbook, physical soundtrack, and wrote a 30 page essay on the game and Torna.

There's just something really special about this series and I'm so ready to jump back into the series and see how everything wraps up.

In terms of games from the Direct that I want to get, aside from Xenoblade 3 there's also Klonoa, Chrono Cross, the Mario Kart pass, and maybe the Disney kart racer. By the halfway point it was already a good Direct for me, but Xenoblade 3 sealed it for me as a 10/10 Direct. I'm still reeling from the announcement and made me go back to continue my new game+ run of XC2.
I feel jibed.
I have been playing the the Xenoblade series since the first one on the Wii!

Her name is Mio and looking at the details and she's an off-seer. Someone who mourns for soldiers who died.
She is definitely Nia's daughter or grand-daughter.

She's so cute.
Wait...
If Mio is Nia's daughter or grand-daughter, does that mean that flesh eaters can make babies?

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I really thought I completed every confidant in Royal…then I realized I didn't finish the No Good Tora one before elections began
23C2AFD6-88E4-4F67-B383-3F3B705B9CFE.gif

why must there be that
ONE forgotten soul in every playthrough?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
You know...I gotta wonder in the world of Jurassic Park, why has no one ever tried resurrecting other extinct animals like mammoths, saber-toothed cats, ground sloths, better yet more recent extinctions like the Tasmanian tiger, moa, or dodo?

If they can bring back dinosaurs of all things. Those should not be an issue.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
You know...I gotta wonder in the world of Jurassic Park, why has no one ever tried resurrecting other extinct animals like mammoths, saber-toothed cats, ground sloths, better yet more recent extinctions like the Tasmanian tiger, moa, or dodo?

Dinosaurs are more well-known and popular and therefore, more profitable to sell as an attraction.

Yep, the reason is solely because capitalism.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Wasn't the way they revived dinosaurs due to frog dna or some ****? (It's been a while since I saw that movie) I think it's easier to believe they can replicate dinosaurs through that method than extinct mammals :yoshi:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Dinosaurs are more well-known and popular and therefore, more profitable to sell as an attraction.

Yep, the reason is solely because capitalism.
Yet by the time of Jurassic World, people were growing bored of dinosaurs apparently. Why they began creating hybrids like Indominus.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Wasn't the way they revived dinosaurs due to frog dna or some ****? (It's been a while since I saw that movie) I think it's easier to believe they can replicate dinosaurs through that method than extinct mammals :yoshi:
It's from the blood inside mosquitoes that were fossilized in amber.

So anything from the ice age would be impossible if using the same methods as the dinosaurs.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Yet by the time of Jurassic World, people were growing bored of dinosaurs apparently. Why they began creating hybrids like Indominus.
It's basically them doing Dinosaurs II: Electric Boogaloo.

Dinos sold well, but there weren't enough, so their solution and people got bored of seeing the same stuff? Make new, exciting dinosaurs that would get the people's attention.

It again fits capitalism because the main strategy to keep something profitable is to milk it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom