• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Klonoa is cool. Crono Cross is cool (if weird we’re getting it before Trigger). Kirby is still Kirby. EarthBound 1 and 2 on switch is long overdue (hopefully Mario RPG comes soon too). Everything else… Meh.

Seriously, a Warriors game that’s just Three Houses? After Age of Calamity it’s just disappointing that they’re doing this again. IMO the main appeal of these Nintendo Warriors games is the crossover angle.
Its weird right? Persona 5 strikers did this same thing lol

Hm...
View attachment 344710
Perhaps Xeno3 is worth
Is that Joker Persona 5?

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Not my thing, but it is a BIG deal that the Radical Dreamers Satellaview game is getting re-released and officially translated. That was one of the rarest SNES games out there. Like rare enough that it makes Earthbound look as common as Super Mario World or F-Zero rare.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Not my thing, but it is a BIG deal that the Radical Dreamers Satellaview game is getting re-released and officially translated. That was one of the rarest SNES games out there. Like rare enough that it makes Earthbound look as common as Super Mario World or F-Zero rare.
Hot damn, and I was just glad something was being saved from the depths of Satellaview Hell.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Maybe other satellaview stuff could get dumped somewhere, for curiosity's sake.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
As a huge Crono lore person, I am so excited to compare the official translation to the fan stuff on Crono Compendium. THIS ANNOUNCEMENT WAS SO GOOD, AAAAAA I LOVE IT WHEN GOOD THINGS FINALLY HAPPEN FOR GAMES PRESERVATION
6ki286w72zd41[56].jpg

MooMew64

Was lowkey hoping they announced Chrono Trigger to SNES online too, but that hasn't happened.

Square is super weird when it comes to rereleasing their old games, so picky choosy.
My brother is speculating that they're probably gonna give it and FF6 the same treatment Live A Live is getting at some point with Octopath's engine.

Which NGL, that would be genius and explain their sudden interest in Crono stuff again (they recently took down a ROM download from a big ROM site and they're doing a bunch of stuff with Cross).

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Hot damn, and I was just glad something was being saved from the depths of Satellaview Hell.
Technically it's already been preserved. It's just that it's something that was released towards the end of the service for a limited time and you have to be as lucky as hell to locate a copy that has survived with the save data still in tact on a random unmarked Nintendo Power download cart.

Not sure if I'd call it a holy grail, maybe a half step or two below, but definitely rarer than any of the non-competition carts of the NA SNES library.

Maybe someday. I know there are a still a couple Kirby games that are still lost from the service. Mostly small mini-games, but games nonetheless.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I've played the F-Zero Satellaview games. While it might be cool to get your hands on something rare, most of the tracks are literally just ones from the original game, some with slight edits.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
My brother is speculating that they're probably gonna give it and FF6 the same treatment Live A Live is getting at some point with Octopath's engine.

Which NGL, that would be genius and explain their sudden interest in Crono stuff again (they recently took down a ROM download from a big ROM site and they're doing a bunch of stuff with Cross).
Can Square do that with their other franchises?

The only classic bit RPGs they got on Switch are the first three Dragon Quests and they're the ****ty mobile ports.

Edit: Just port them. Idk why the FF Pixel Remasters are PC exclusive

Last edited:

MooMew64

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
With Xenoblade 3 confirmed. We have an obvious frontrunner for Smash 6.

Poor Rex. Never got his chance to be playable in Smash...

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I've played the F-Zero Satellaview games. While it might be cool to get your hands on something rare, most of the tracks are literally just ones from the original game, some with slight edits.
Well it would be pretty neat to play the one Zelda game thats a remake of the original game but with SNES graphics.
It would also be kinda neat to play Famicom Detective Club 3, since we have the first 2 on Switch, even if i assume it's shorter than those lol

MooMew64

Can Square do that with their other franchises?

The only classic bit RPGs they got on Switch are the first three Dragon Quests and they're the ****ty mobile ports.

Edit: Just port them. Idk why the FF Pixel Remasters are PC exclusive
No, Live A Live is different from the Pixel Remasters: It's a full on remake in Octopath's engine with the 2.5D look. Trigger would actually look amazing in it, as the sprites hold up incredibly well, and it would pair super great with the effects Octopath's engine is capable of.

Trigger has had so many ports at this point that I think it'd be a way of making it a bit more interesting.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So y'all enjoyed the direct?

Seems I only had gotten two predictions. Splatoon 3 and Xenoblade 3.

Sad no new Donkey Kong game tho.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Looking at the artstyle of Splatoon. I just gives me DreamWorks vibes. If Splatoon were to ever get an animated film adaption I think DreamWorks is the one to go.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Mario Kart series retro courses I want to see in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe DLC:
  • N64 Wario Stadium
  • GBA Sunset Wilds
  • GCN Mushroom City
  • GCN Waluigi Stadium
  • GCN Wario Colosseum
  • DS Desert Hills
  • DS Delfino Square
  • DS Waluigi Pinball
  • Wii Mushroom Gorge
  • Wii Toad's Factory
  • Wii Mario Circuit
  • 3DS Daisy Hills
Yeah, it contains all WAH courses...

MooMew64

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Lamperouge Lamperouge , @Hydreigonfan01 how are you feeling? I've been analyzing the Xenoblade 3 trailer and a lot of what I see looks very familiar. I've been seeing theories that this new world is the worlds from 1 and 2 colliding which makes sense, especially with the rumors and Takahashi's comments about Future Connected being a sign of the future.
I could make out bits of what I believe to be Mechonis and Uraya at the end of the trailer. Definitely interested to find out how the two worlds were connected and how these characters might relate to each other, especially the new Gormotti party member and the Vandham lookalike.

Speaking of characters, I'm really digging their designs (especially the protagonist) and the game's overall visual style is kind of a hybrid of XC1 and XC2. It looks really nice.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Just curious
What are AT LEAST 2 tracks y'all want in the new MK DLC pack?

I personally would like to see DS Airship Fortress and Wii DK Summit
Aside from Double Dash, DS and 7's Rainbow Roads, some I would like to see are one of the Wuhu Island tracks and Wario Shipyard from Mario Kart 7, Maple Treeway from Wii, Waluigi Pinball from DS and Dino Dino Jungle from Double Dash.
I do wonder why they abandoned the X saga. That’s a shame man Xenoblade X was such a good game and the world itself is somewhat more intriguing than the other games in some respects.
I hope maybe it's because they want to wait until a stronger system so that they can actually add some of the stuff they wanted to put in the original for a remake or whatnot. That said, I do hope Xenoblade X doesn't get forgotten and comes back eventually, cause I did enjoy Xenoblade X alot.

Anyway....
Xenoblade Dante
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Xenoblade Dante
More like Xenoblade Yuri Lowell.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom