• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Decent Direct.
  • New Fire Emblem game revealed right away, and it's a new Fire Emblem Warriors game that focuses on Three Houses. I'm guessing this will feature much of the 3H cast as playable characters, but it looks like some completely new added characters will also be included; they did say this would be an alternate story to the original 3H game, so no surprise. I'll probably purchase it because I had a lot of fun with the original Fire Emblem Warriors game (it was easily my favorite Warriors game).
    • Now I wonder when will they announce the next main series Fire Emblem game. E3 2022 perhaps?
  • Great to see Mario Strikers finally making a comeback after it's been so long since the last game came out; I honestly thought they would stop making games for this particular Mario sports spinoff. I loved the original on the Gamecube. Didn't buy the Wii one since I didn't have the chance to buy it back then, but I think I might purchase this new one. Has a lot going for it so far with the gear customization and online multiplayer.
  • A new Kirby and the Forgotten Land trailer was my only expectation/hope going into this Direct, and it delivered. Mouthful Mode is looking to be the main unique gimmick of Forgotten Land like the robot mode of Robobot and the ally system of Star Allies, and from the Mouthful Mode abilities shown so far, they look innovative. Hoping they will be implemented into the levels as well as the robot mode from Robobot.
    • Also cool that we got a glimpse at more Beast Pack members/bosses near the end of the trailer, even if it was brief. Betting the king-looking one will be the main villain... or maybe the primary antagonist until the true antagonist is revealed (Elfilin)
  • Splatoon 3's Salmon Run looks to be about the same as Splatoon 2. Maybe I just didn't pay close attention to it at that part of the Direct since I got distracted other than seeing some new bosses, but the end of the segment made me look more forward to the new story mode that was previously shown.
  • Good day for Klonoa fans with the remake of the first two games coming to the Switch. I remember playing one of the earliest games, so this might be something to look forward to for me.
  • Wii Sports is getting a sequel via Nintendo Switch Sports huh. Cool that they will add more sports via DLC in the future and including online multiplayer, but I'm not digging this new avatar system it is using. I mean, I think it's a new avatar system? Those characters didn't really look like Miis until the demo volleyball match came up, but there's just something off about them. Perhaps it's the body build and facial types? Is this the first look at what the future of Miis will be like (for the next major Nintendo console)? Well, that aside, I might try out that online play test in the coming weeks to see if I'll ultimately buy it.
    • Cool that they are also introducing an accessory where you can where the Joycon on your leg to play Shootout mode like you would normally play soccer, but I don't know if that accessory will be a day one purchase.
  • The initial Earthbound + Earthbound Beginnings pack coming to Nintendo Switch Online made me think we were finally going to get a proper Mother 3 release for overseas, but alas, I guess that is still not happening.
    • On that note, I wonder if they will ever remake the Earthbound series. It could be another neat way to revive interest in the game, make Ness more relevant, and perhaps even pave the way for a future Mother 3 remake that could finally release overseas.
  • I never would've thought Mario Kart 8 Deluxe would be getting DLC, let alone 6 waves of DLC to the point the game will continue getting support well into 2023, but hey, with how much money the game continues to produce and drive Nintendo Switch sales, I guess it shouldn't be a surprise at this point. It's clear that Mario Kart 9 will not come out until the successor to the Nintendo Switch releases.
    • Guess this DLC will make me pay better attention to the Mario Kart Tour courses now that they can be added through these DLC waves. I haven't bothered to purchase Mario Kart Tour because the game really doesn't interest me with its controls and weird gacha system, but oh well, not going to dwell on that. I'm curious to see how they will adapt some of those courses for 8 Deluxe.
    • On that note, I am most interested to see where they will anti-gravity for all of those courses to be added over the next two years.
    • And if we can express wishes for courses we'd like to see being added as DLC later on, I really hope to see Toad's Factory from the Wii and Wario Colosseum from Double Dash show up. Not only would those courses make great use of anti-gravity (and the former could even add an underwater section at the bulldozers+dirt leading up to the finish line), but Wario Colosseum could be turned into a single-lap course considering how huge it is.
  • Honestly didn't expect Xenoblade 3 to be announced today (I was expecting an E3 announcement for it), nor was I expecting it to release later this year, but I gotta say, it looks good. I'm digging this new art style already. Has traces of Xenoblade 2's art style but also puts more focus on Xenoblade 1's style. Character designs look very good for sure. September 2022 release still sounds too soon, but I have faith these games were in development for a while.
Looks like I have even more Switch games to look forward. 2022 is looking to be an even better year for the Switch.

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Lamperouge Lamperouge , Hydreigonfan01 Hydreigonfan01 how are you feeling? I've been analyzing the Xenoblade 3 trailer and a lot of what I see looks very familiar. I've been seeing theories that this new world is the worlds from 1 and 2 colliding which makes sense, especially with the rumors and Takahashi's comments about Future Connected being a sign of the future.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Tracks I’d love to see in the pass:

-Mario Circuit 4
-Ghost Valley 3
-DK’s Jungle Parkway
-Riverside Park
-Sunset Wilds
-Mushroom City
-Wario Colosseum
-Waluigi Pinball
-Airship Fortress
-Maple Treeway
-Toad Factory
-Koopa Cape
-Daisy Circuit
-Shy Guy Bazaar
-Rock Rock Mountain
-Rosalina’s Ice World

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
At absolute minimum, this is the second best direct of the Switch era - barely behind E3 2017. I think it's the best, and not by a small margin. Mario Kart 8 DLC. Switch Sports, Portal, Mario Strikers, the list goes on. It's so good.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
GUYS!

GUYS!

K-on.gif

The direct of dreams for me! Lamperouge Lamperouge we did it! It's finally here! Xenoblade 3!!!!!!!

Let's see IMO:

Fire Emblem Warriors Sequel thing
No Man's Sky Switch Port (was really betting Alan Wake on the surprise port with a friend)
New Mario Strikers/Mario Football game - Finally!
Chrono Cross Remaster
Portal coming to Switch - Please have level creator!
Klonoa (been wanting to play that series for years) - MooMew64 MooMew64 I think it was you who was a big fan of it.
Nintendo Switch Sports - Did not expect that!
Earthbound for NSO
Mario Kart 8 Remastered tracks - (**** MK9 for some reasons)
Xenoblade 3 - It's finally here!

I'm happy guys. You are all cool.

The world is lovely for once today..............or something cringe.

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I've rewatched the Xenoblade 3 trailer like 10 times. I'm getting emotional over the music. I just want to jump right into the world ugh it's going to be a painful wait but at least it's not a super long one.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I do wonder why they abandoned the X saga. That’s a shame man Xenoblade X was such a good game and the world itself is somewhat more intriguing than the other games in some respects.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Out of a stupor of hype I bought GetsuFumaDen when I was attempting to by the Deluxe Edition and get all the extras with it…

Damn. I’ll see what Nintendo support says. Though I know they’re usually not ok with refunds so I may be dropping $60 total on this game.

Oh by the way, another reason to buy it. The vanilla version is only $25 but the Deluxe Edition comes with the original GetsuFumaDen and a digital art book and OST for only $35!

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Just curious
What are AT LEAST 2 tracks y'all want in the new MK DLC pack?

I personally would like to see DS Airship Fortress and Wii DK Summit
Both the stadium and the colosseum of the Wario variety.

Also since Tour tracks are on the table I hope they eventually slip in some Tour drivers. Pauline, Diddy, Dixie, Funky...that sure is a lot of character who debuted in DK games, I know. Either way I'm just glad to FINALLY have a reason to buy MK8D.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
GUYS!

GUYS!

View attachment 344702

The direct of dreams for me! Lamperouge Lamperouge we did it! It's finally here! Xenoblade 3!!!!!!!

Let's see IMO:

Fire Emblem Warriors Sequel thing
No Man's Sky Switch Port (was really betting Alan Wake on the surprise port with a friend)
New Mario Strikers/Mario Football game - Finally!
Chrono Cross Remaster
Portal coming to Switch - Please have level creator!
Klonoa (been wanting to play that series for years) - MooMew64 MooMew64 I think it was you who was a big fan of it.
Nintendo Switch Sports - Did not expect that!
Earthbound for NSO
Mario Kart 8 Remastered tracks - (**** MK9 for some reasons)
Xenoblade 3 - It's finally here!

I'm happy guys. You are all cool.

The world is lovely for once today..............or something cringe.
Oh no I’ve never played Klonoa lol

but I always wanted to, and now I have a pretty good excuse to :yeahboi:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Oh no I’ve never played Klonoa lol

but I always wanted to, and now I have a pretty good excuse to :yeahboi:
I can finally come out of the shadows and say ive played most of the games released in the west multiple times, the only one i havent played is 2, which i'm hyped for.

So i can say i'm a fan, i just never had a reason to bring it up because it was dead.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Klonoa is cool. Crono Cross is cool (if weird we’re getting it before Trigger). Kirby is still Kirby. EarthBound 1 and 2 on switch is long overdue (hopefully Mario RPG comes soon too). Everything else… Meh.

Seriously, a Warriors game that’s just Three Houses? After Age of Calamity it’s just disappointing that they’re doing this again. IMO the main appeal of these Nintendo Warriors games is the crossover angle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom