• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
1. Heard what happened last night on SB. Some poor troll probably told he could be freed from his dungeon by hillbilly **** if was an ass to a forum.

2. Speak of being an ass, me and a few other cyclists got harassed by some chav kids and almost got knocked off my bike by a soccer ball. Ingrown degenerates.

1642867465936.png

Cookie Dough Switch Up is amazing. Don't like Cookie Dough on its own but man this is just perfection.

This is somewhat a fair point. At the same time however, having extra steps will still turn away a lot of basic trolls. They won’t want to put in the extra work for something that will get them zapped from this site in an instant. Especially:

Why these do exist. I know if a few accounts they have been hit by these. They just aren’t frequently used. If they were used as another barrier publicly, then this would also greatly reduce the risk.

Example, if a sort of older account started hate speech or any other big time rule breakers, they honestly don’t even deserve a warning, but a perma ip ban. They want to fight it, well that’s what the discord could be for.

But publicly displaying that this isn’t going to be tolerated and that the mods will act fast, would definitely deter a lot of people.
The thing with IP bans is that while good, you can't rule them out getting around it by VPNs or using a public network like a cafe.

There is a way but I'm a bit tired to explain.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Well, if we're looking for moveset revamps, it's more of a factor of making sure they fit in a certain archetype while also being faithful to their source material. Mario is suppossed to be a jack of all trades, Kirby's an easy beginner character with a easy to grasp gimmick, Link is the basic swordsman, Samus is a zoner, etc. So it would be who can get a moveset revamp while also fitting said type.

So in my opinion, Sonic, Ganondorf, Little Mac, and Samus can all use some more reworks in their moveset. Sonic and Samus can represent their games better while sticking to their trope, while Ganon and Mac just need miveset reworks because their kit has not worked for multiple games. I thought abiut Kirby, but the issue is that a lot of Kirby's copy abilities are all projectile based and Kirby is not a zoner at all. That said, I wouldn't mind if the hammer got removes, as much as I like it conceptually, it doesn't quite mesh well with the whole charging mechanic.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Well, if we're looking for moveset revamps, it's more of a factor of making sure they fit in a certain archetype while also being faithful to their source material. Mario is suppossed to be a jack of all trades, Kirby's an easy beginner character with a easy to grasp gimmick, Link is the basic swordsman, Samus is a zoner, etc. So it would be who can get a moveset revamp while also fitting said type.

So in my opinion, Sonic, Ganondorf, Little Mac, and Samus can all use some more reworks in their moveset. Sonic and Samus can represent their games better while sticking to their trope, while Ganon and Mac just need miveset reworks because their kit has not worked for multiple games. I thought abiut Kirby, but the issue is that a lot of Kirby's copy abilities are all projectile based and Kirby is not a zoner at all. That said, I wouldn't mind if the hammer got removes, as much as I like it conceptually, it doesn't quite mesh well with the whole charging mechanic.
It's funny people say that about Sonic as most revamp suggestions I see are removing a bunch of moves from Sonic the Fighters and replacing them with Sonic Battle moves. I get why as the Battle moves are more Sonic-y as 90% of the entire movelist of Fighters was identical

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
It's funny people say that about Sonic as most revamp suggestions I see are removing a bunch of moves from Sonic the Fighters and replacing them with Sonic Battle moves. I get why as the Battle moves are more Sonic-y as 90% of the entire movelist of Fighters was identical
I just want the Light Speed Dash instead of 2 spin-dashes

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
TBH I just want more Sonic Battle stuff 'cause that game slaps.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I’m curious. Which smash veterans are the ones you think need overhauled? I know the common answers (:ultganondorf::ultsamus::ultzss::ultsonic:) but are what are the others?
This is gonna be kind of a weird take.
:ultrobin::ultrobinf:
Honestly I don't want them changed too much, but does anyone actually like their weapon durability mechanic? It's more of an annoying inconvenience then something that makes you seriously think about strategy.

I love the idea of switching between bronze sword and levin sword though. Maybe buff bronze sword to be faster and more viable and nerf levin sword to be just as strong but slower in start up.

Their spells aren't even that OP. Maybe tweek the Thunder line but leave archfire/nosferatu/elwind alone.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

In terms of moveset revamps definitely Little Mac. The whole KO meter gimmick rewards him for getting hit, which is the complete opposite of how it worked in Super Punch-Out (and how it should've worked to begin with).

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I just want the Light Speed Dash instead of 2 spin-dashes
The way I could see that working is as a side special, Sonic curls up and summons a line of rings a set distance that can be angled up or down. Like a version of PAC’s side B that trades controllability for speed

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
The way I could see that working is as a side special, Sonic curls up and summons a line of rings a set distance that can be angled up or down. Like a version of PAC’s side B that trades controllability for speed
I was thinking it kinda goes straightish (but can be angled a bit like Pac's but not as much) but it has homing capabilities like the light speed attack.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I’m curious. Which smash veterans are the ones you think need overhauled? I know the common answers (:ultganondorf::ultsamus::ultzss::ultsonic:) but are what are the others?
I'm actually pretty happy with Samus' kit, but I wouldn't be opposed to changing it.

Ganon's needed a rework for forever now, really hoping that's in the cards someday.

Sonic could REALLY use some TLC: His moveset is literally just spindashing and he can do so much more nowadays.

Zero Suit's fine IMO.

As for others I would like to see get a revamp?

:ultkirby: - I would like to see copy abilities play more of a role. They're such an integral part of the character, but none of his kit really leans into making you want to use it much.
:ultdarksamus: - Please declone, she could do so much more.
:ultlink: - Separate him from main Link and give him more BotW Sheika Slate shenanigans.
:ulttoonlink: - Same as BotW Link, just give him WW shenanigans.
:ultlittlemac: - Please make him a character in this game.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
These don't really need revamps, but I'd love to see Isabelle, Daisy, and Dark Samus movesets that stray from the fighter they were based off of some more.

Linkmain-maybe

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1042-6735-2236
Tbh, Mac needs a rework because I think he was meant to be an inverse Jigglypuff, but Jigglypuff works because Smash is an aerial based game. Mac core design goes against the fundamentals of Smash itself.
No recovery, no air game, smash attacks being his game plan, and a pitiful airdodge. Everything needed to make a character that can‘t work in this game.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
1. Heard what happened last night on SB. Some poor troll probably told he could be freed from his dungeon by hillbilly **** if was an ass to a forum.

2. Speak of being an ass, me and a few other cyclists got harassed by some chav kids and almost got knocked off my bike by a soccer ball. Ingrown degenerates.

View attachment 343379
Cookie Dough Switch Up is amazing. Don't like Cookie Dough on its own but man this is just perfection.

The thing with IP bans is that while good, you can't rule them out getting around it by VPNs or using a public network like a cafe.

There is a way but I'm a bit tired to explain.
This is true, but goes back to the idea that 90 percent of people probably won’t go there extra mile. If they do, then they will still get obliterated by staff relatively quickly.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Maybe, but it said banned via warnings instead of banned via administration and that was their only message which means a regular mod is on the FBI or some ****.
The staff can view IP addresses and compare them to other users. We tend to pay attention to recently banned accounts or users who have very similar posting habits to compare. It's also used when monitoring spam bots. If need be, IP addresses can also be banned.

Naturally though some people feel it's worth creating a new IP, so it comes down to detective work at that point.

Back in the old days of the site pre-2016, there was one banned user who kept creating new accounts after being super banned. They would never be subtle about it, always having a similar username and avatar. They must have had, no joke, over 100+ alts over the years to the point they were the unofficial mascot of the Zelda Social. I myself remember having banned around 5-6 of them.

:088:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I know I'm probably starting to get annoying, but man, Arceus is the most fun I've had with a Pokemon game in a long time, especially going after those Alpha Pokemon. I'm already theory crafting what my second team will look like, due to having an idea what Pokemon will be available when and where now.
You are playing via -redacted- I assume?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Finally finished the Kanto Tour Research after almost a year. Ended up using an old phone I had to create an alt account to trade with. Pokemon Go really needs a GTS system of some kind badly.

Was able to get a shiny Aerodactyl alongside the free shiny Ditto with the last parts of the research rewards.

Am starting to now work on the Master Research for shiny Mew. If anyone wants to share Friend Codes, I keep mine in my signature. I promise to send lots of gifts. ;)

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom