• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Oh yeah. I probably should have mentioned. I’m doing a final fantasy/some related games marathon. If anyone is curious, the games and movies I will be playing and watching and in what order are in the spoiler tag.
Play Order
  • Final Fantasy (Completed)
  • Final Fantasy II (Nearly Completed)
  • The Final Fantasy Legend
  • Final Fantasy III
  • Final Fantasy Legend II
  • Final Fantasy Adventure
  • Final Fantasy IV
  • Final Fantasy IV: The After Years
  • Final Fantasy Legend III
  • Romancing SaGa
  • Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
  • Final Fantasy V
  • Secret of Mana
  • Romancing SaGa 2
  • Final Fantasy VI
  • Chrono Trigger
  • Trials of Mana
  • Romancing SaGa 3
  • Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
  • The Compilation of Final Fantasy VII
    • Final Fantasy VII
    • Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
    • Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII
    • Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
  • Final Fantasy VIII
  • Chrono Cross
  • Final Fantasy IX
  • Final Fantasy X
  • Final Fantasy X-2
  • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
  • Ivalice Series
    • Final Fantasy Tactics
    • Vagrant Story
    • Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
    • Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
    • Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings
    • Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift
  • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates
  • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time
  • Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light
  • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers
  • Final Fantasy Explorers
  • Bravely Default
  • Bravely Second
  • Fabula Nova Crystallis Final Fantasy
    • Final Fantasy XIII
    • Final Fantasy XIII-2
    • Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
    • Final Fantasy Type-0
    • Final Fantasy XV: Pocket Edition
    • A King’s Tale: Final Fantasy XV
    • Brotherhood: Final Fantasy XV
    • Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV
  • Bravely Default II
  • World of Final Fantasy Maxima
  • Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin
  • Final Fantasy XI
  • Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

osby

Smash Obsessed
Oh yeah. I probably should have mentioned. I’m doing a final fantasy/some related games marathon. If anyone is curious, the games and movies I will be playing and watching and in what order are in the spoiler tag.
Play Order
  • Final Fantasy (Completed)
  • Final Fantasy II (Nearly Completed)
  • The Final Fantasy Legend
  • Final Fantasy III
  • Final Fantasy Legend II
  • Final Fantasy Adventure
  • Final Fantasy IV
  • Final Fantasy IV: The After Years
  • Final Fantasy Legend III
  • Romancing SaGa
  • Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
  • Final Fantasy V
  • Secret of Mana
  • Romancing SaGa 2
  • Final Fantasy VI
  • Chrono Trigger
  • Trials of Mana
  • Romancing SaGa 3
  • Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
  • The Compilation of Final Fantasy VII
    • Final Fantasy VII
    • Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
    • Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII
    • Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
  • Final Fantasy VIII
  • Chrono Cross
  • Final Fantasy IX
  • Final Fantasy X
  • Final Fantasy X-2
  • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
  • Ivalice Series
    • Final Fantasy Tactics
    • Vagrant Story
    • Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
    • Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
    • Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings
    • Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift
  • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates
  • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time
  • Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light
  • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers
  • Final Fantasy Explorers
  • Bravely Default
  • Bravely Second
  • Fabula Nova Crystallis Final Fantasy
    • Final Fantasy XIII
    • Final Fantasy XIII-2
    • Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
    • Final Fantasy Type-0
    • Final Fantasy XV: Pocket Edition
    • A King’s Tale: Final Fantasy XV
    • Brotherhood: Final Fantasy XV
    • Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV
  • Bravely Default II
  • World of Final Fantasy Maxima
  • Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin
  • Final Fantasy XI
  • Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
So what you'll be doing after 2027?

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

In addition, here is a first look at the Moon Knight costume.
it’s nice how the leaked pic from last year ended up being legit…and the way the suit comes onto him like he’s Egyptian Venom
Bruh that is pretty different from the usual MCU costume, I might actually make this the first MCU thing I'll watch since Far From Home
not that I can force you or anything, but you could be missing out on some of that No Way Home, WandaVision, Loki, and Shang-Chi action from 2021
Tfw the Among Us manga has a better traitor reveal than MHA
I actually didn’t mind the MHA traitor. It at least got us to see a bit of the face of the John Cena girl

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Alright, so here's why Gen 7 is a top tier gen:
Great Characters
Banger Soundtrack
Best story in the series
Gave us Mimikyu
Gave us Hau, Lillie, and Gladion
Gave us milfs and dilfs
Removed HMs for good
Guzma
Goated Starters.
Ultra had a **** ton of content, even if the story got a nerf
Let's Go is beautiful and gave us partner Eevee

Yes, I was committed to this bit

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Sega reused Sonic's model from Forces. Gamers mad.
What is wrong with Sonic's Forces model? I mean it is just a model, and though it is a model they may be reusing, that does not mean it is lazy, for it is just a part of things. Animation for the model is important too. Still, I think the Forces model looks fine, but this could be a new model with an uncanny resemblance to the Forces model, which is still not a bad thing.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Gamer's are also mad at those who are mad.

Which is making other gamers mad at the gamers who are mad at other gamers.

It's a narrative that keeps getting deeper and deeper and a new layer is added every day.

For real though, why are Sonic fans like this. Imagine people losing their minds if Nintendo changed the color of Mario's overalls to a slightly different shade of blue.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Gamer's are also mad at those who are mad.

Which is making other gamers mad at the gamers who are mad at other gamers.

It's a narrative that keeps getting deeper and deeper and a new layer is added every day.

For real though, why are Sonic fans like this. Imagine people losing their minds if Nintendo changed the color of Mario's overalls to a slightly different shade of blue.
I dunno why Sonic fans are like this, except some people care too much about the littlest details to the point that it is mentally unhealthy. So how would a model from a game that is average be bad enough to ruin the game?

MooMew64

I dunno why Sonic fans are like this, except some people care too much about the littlest details to the point that it is mentally unhealthy. So how would a model from a game that is average be bad enough to ruin the game?
Forces bad so model bad.

Apparently.

TBH people who don't like the model never really explain why, they just point to the Unleashed model or 06 model and say "This is so much better!" but even speaking as someone who uses Marza Sonic model/material mods whenever I can, I honestly do not care that much, personally.

...The 06 model I don't get, though.

There's been a weird resurgence in 06 love the last two years, it's really weird.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Forces bad so model bad.

Apparently.

TBH people who don't like the model never really explain why, they just point to the Unleashed model or 06 model and say "This is so much better!" but even speaking as someone who uses Marza Sonic model/material mods whenever I can, I honestly do not care that much, personally.

...The 06 model I don't get, though.

There's been a weird resurgence in 06 love the last two years, it's really weird.
For the first bolded part, that logic from them makes no sense, since a model does not affect the game. But you knew that.

On the second bolded part, how irrational can people get? The Forces model looks similar to Modern Sonic. So does the 06 model to an extent. If they can't describe how the Forces model looks bad, and don't intend to explain especially if their reasoning is way too silly in the first place, they have no reason to hate a model like Sonic's at all.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Kingdom Hearts question: Does Goofy do his iconic scream at any point in the series?
I think once but I can’t remember exactly where. I think in Dream Drop Distance?
It’s not like it was a bad model. What did they expect them to do? Also HOW CAN THEY TELL!?!

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Alright, so here's why Gen 7 is a top tier gen:
Great Characters
Banger Soundtrack
Best story in the series
Gave us Mimikyu
Gave us Hau, Lillie, and Gladion
Gave us milfs and dilfs
Removed HMs for good
Guzma
Goated Starters.
Ultra had a **** ton of content, even if the story got a nerf
Let's Go is beautiful and gave us partner Eevee

Yes, I was committed to this bit
Lets go Is somehow the best Switch Pokémon game.

That's kind of depressing.

The problem with Alola Is That they dont Let You explore the región till post game. Your always being dragged from one place to another and it's annoying.

MooMew64

It’s not like it was a bad model. What did they expect them to do? Also HOW CAN THEY TELL!?!
His quills in both Lost World and Forces are shorter than Generations and Unleashed, and Sonic is posed the same way as his idle animation in Forces.

...NGL, I didn't notice until someone pointed it out.

The biggest pushers of the argument have been people like Chaomix and Procrastination Sam. They're big Sonic content creators, so their opinions on the model (which are negative) have been spreading around.

I do not at all encourage badmouthing someone over an opinion, especially over something completely trivial such as this, so the side defending the model in a hostile manner ain't in the right either. TBH the whole thing is a mess and peeps need to get a grip.

...Although I do admit, if the one screenshot I saw of Chaomix comparing the Forces model to OG movie Sonic is something he actually posted, then that is pretty yikes.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I think once but I can’t remember exactly where. I think in Dream Drop Distance?

It's a lighter Shade of blue than the unleashed model and it has smaller spikes.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
His quills in both Lost World and Forces are shorter than Generations and Unleashed, and Sonic is posed the same way as his idle animation in Forces.

...NGL, I didn't notice until someone pointed it out.

The biggest pushers of the argument have been people like Chaomix and Procrastination Sam. They're big Sonic content creators, so their opinions on the model (which are negative) have been spreading around.

I do not at all encourage badmouthing someone over an opinion, especially over something completely trivial such as this, so the side defending the model in a hostile manner ain't in the right either. TBH the whole thing is a mess and peeps need to get a grip.

...Although I do admit, if the one screenshot I saw of Chaomix comparing the Forces model to OG movie Sonic is something he actually posted, then that is pretty yikes.
Regardless, those two Sonic content creators are overreacting over nothing in my opinion. They are just whining over something small. Why does the Forces model make such a big deal for a game? It's is not like the model is the game. What did they have to say about it, exactly?

MooMew64

Regardless, those two Sonic content creators are overreacting over nothing in my opinion. They are just whining over something small. Why does the Forces model make such a big deal for a game? It's is not like the model is the game. What did they have to say about it, exactly?
I haven't looked into it extensively, but Chao Mix, from what I've seen of their stuff, seems to be very pessimistically slanted with most of their content.

No offense to them, of course, everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but yeah, they tend to be very negative. Their complaints against the model are, from what I have seen, kinda hyperbolic and sensational.

Sam is a little better from what I've seen of him, and TBF he was extremely chill sharing his opinion on the model. He just said he was disappointed with it and wanted to see a different direction, which is fair.

But TBH the only Sonic content creators I like and regularly watch are The Completionist, Project SNT, and Peter Knetter, so lol.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I haven't looked into it extensively, but Chao Mix, from what I've seen of their stuff, seems to be very pessimistically slanted with most of their content.

No offense to them, of course, everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but yeah, they tend to be very negative. Their complaints against the model are, from what I have seen, kinda hyperbolic and sensational.

Sam is a little better from what I've seen of him, and TBF he was extremely chill sharing his opinion on the model. He just said he was disappointed with it and wanted to see a different direction, which is fair.

But TBH the only Sonic content creators I like and regularly watch are The Completionist, Project SNT, and Peter Knetter, so lol.
I see. I would never do such a thing like this to them, or anyone, but given the choice to legally punish either of those two...I'd spare Sam. Of course, not only is that a bad idea, there is not even a need for that, but I do understand Sam, now that you described him.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I don’t think the Forces model is bad persay albeit it could’ve gone with a darker blue shade, though when comparing it to how Sonic looked and moved around in previous games, he seemed stiffer and more lifeless to me. I hope the model will be at least better animated than it was in Forces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom