• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Lol there's seen people thinking The Batman is going to flop.

Hey remember when Joker (2019) flopped? They say that the movie would also result in more increased violence and mass shootings? Oh wait...

First solo Batman movie in nearly a decade, superhero movies are still going on strong then ever. Amazing Spider-Man 2 still made $700 million WW, a movie that almost had everything wrong with it.

Unless some COVID-related disaster gets involved, I would expect it to pass that even if it isn't good.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
My sleep schedule is ruined, my anxiety and self loathing are peaking, I’m super bored now that I’m out of a job (it was annoying, but it gave me something to do) and all I want to do is sleep, watch Encanto, and forget I exist.
That's how I'm feeling right now.

I've also put immense, immense pressure on myself to grow up this year where if I don't get a "win" everyday I'm gonna hate myself even more. Hand I've been dealt so gotta make the most of it but a pain in the ass.

And I really, really need to leave home but I can't do it without a plan and unless it's overseas. Got almost nothing left for me in this (sometimes likeable) ****hole of a hometown.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh yeah the Troy thing is kinda funnier and more stupid at the same time when you release the company he is supporting is trying to replace voice actors basically.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Not counting animation of course. Duh.

I was referring more to live-action.
yeah that’s what I thought punk

but on a real note, looks like Warner is at it again
amongst the continuing controversy they’ve been facing since Josstice League and Flash movie
DDB36773-96FC-4567-92BF-F71064A805DC.jpeg

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Lego Batman was the best Batman movie of the 2010s, and it was one of the 2 films of the 2010s that has Batman and was good, so uh, yeah.

Edit: It's also like one of the only good DC fims of the 2010s too 💀💀💀

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Lego Batman was the best Batman movie of the 2010s, and it was one of the 2 films of the 2010s that has Batman and was good, so uh, yeah.

Edit: It's also like one of the only good DC fims of the 2010s too 💀💀💀
TFW Lego Batman was more true and faithful to Batman in every way possible then Batfleck ever was who came off more like the Punisher.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
My favorite Pierce of Sonic trivia Is That there's an Animated short That was done by the same team as Animaniacs.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
TFW Lego Batman was more true and faithful to Batman in every way possible then Batfleck ever was who came off more like the Punisher.
Yeah, DC mangled him bad in the DCEU. We're never seeing Batfleck again because of how poorly they mishandled him during and behind the scenes. I heard Justice League broke a lot of people. In conclusion, **** Joss Whedon

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
The Punisher (yes I mean the 2004 one) is my favourite Marvel film that isn't to do with the MCU.

Still weird as hell about John Travolta. I'm just like why?

dezeray112

Smash Hero
We're now currently two weeks into 2022. How is it for everyone?
I'm fine so far. I am trying to avoid any further news on what has been going on with the British government.

Like what Miles Edgeworth once said on Ace Attorney, the best way to describe them is that "they are not clowns, they are the entire circus."

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yeah, DC mangled him bad in the DCEU. We're never seeing Batfleck again because of how poorly they mishandled him during and behind the scenes. I heard Justice League broke a lot of people. In conclusion, **** Joss Whedon
it’s why he is done with Batman…and why Ray is done with WB…and why a lot of the DCEU cast members who were apart of JL and any other Snyder related project are done with WB…and why people are also done with Geoff Johns (since he’s one of the big DC names and was involved with the Cyborg bullying)…and are slowly getting done with the people running DC as a whole

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! bruh, Troy Baker is into NFTs now

why
Yeahhhh I heard about this and it sucks. Honestly though, wouldn’t be the first time Troy Baker had done ****ty stuff. Like, there was that one time he threatened to flay some random woman while improving an audition for Far Cry 4. …So honestly, makes sense he doesn’t care about the environment either.

What confuses me is why he is supporting this particular NFT out of all NFTs. It’s main goal is to use AI voices to replace real actors. Andy Milonakis (Future-Worm, Adventure Time) and Charlet Chung (Overwatch) also support it, but so far they seem to have no one else on board, and understandably so. Basically every actor I have ever seen except these three hate AI voices, and selling your voice to a company so they can turn it into an AI voice is seriously frowned upon in VO. Simply put, why would companies pay for an actor when they could just use a robot that sounds just like them? Oh and also, this company legit stole voices from FifteenAI to make their NFT voices.

Frankly, I don’t think this is gonna like, put loads of people out of a job, but it’s an issue. Luckily I doubt this thing will get the support it needs, since so many VAs hate AI voices. They won’t be able to pay most of those VAs to sign on to their project. I dunno what companies think about AI voices, but I do recall Todd Howard saying that Bethesda wouldn’t use AI voices. Bethesda uses AI voices as placeholders, but the final products always use real people, since Todd believes there’s no replacement for professional voice actors (Very based, actually)

Anyway, here’s a list of cool actors who openly DONT support NFTs. :4pacman:
  • Kellen Goff
  • Yong Yea
  • Belsepher Rusape Jr.
  • Elsie Lovelock
  • Khoi Dao
  • Josh Grelle
  • Casey Mongolio
  • Lizzie Freeman
  • Ryan Colt Levy
  • Sean Chiplock
  • Gianni Matragrano
  • P.M. Seymour
And there’s a whooooole bunch more, obviously. I just really hope folks don’t bashing the VO community for the actions of folks like Troy Baker. The overwhelming majority of VAs I’ve seen and met hate NFTs, and I’d hate for em’ to get mixed up with the crowd that supports them.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Yeahhhh I heard about this and it sucks. Honestly though, wouldn’t be the first time Troy Baker had done ****ty stuff. Like, there was that one time he threatened to flay some random woman while improving an audition for Far Cry 4. …So honestly, makes sense he doesn’t care about the environment either.

What confuses me is why he is supporting this particular NFT out of all NFTs. It’s main goal is to use AI voices to replace real actors. Andy Milonakis (Future-Worm, Adventure Time) and Charlet Chung (Overwatch) also support it, but so far they seem to have no one else on board, and understandably so. Basically every actor I have ever seen except these three hate AI voices, and selling your voice to a company so they can turn it into an AI voice is seriously frowned upon in VO. Simply put, why would companies pay for an actor when they could just use a robot that sounds just like them? Oh and also, this company legit stole voices from FifteenAI to make their NFT voices.

Frankly, I don’t think this is gonna like, put loads of people out of a job, but it’s an issue. Luckily I doubt this thing will get the support it needs, since so many VAs hate AI voices. They won’t be able to pay most of those VAs to sign on to their project. I dunno what companies think about AI voices, but I do recall Todd Howard saying that Bethesda wouldn’t use AI voices. Bethesda uses AI voices as placeholders, but the final products always use real people, since Todd believes there’s no replacement for professional voice actors (Very based, actually)

Anyway, here’s a list of cool actors who openly DONT support NFTs. :4pacman:
  • Kellen Goff
  • Yong Yea
  • Belsepher Rusape Jr.
  • Elsie Lovelock
  • Khoi Dao
  • Josh Grelle
  • Casey Mongolio
  • Lizzie Freeman
  • Ryan Colt Levy
  • Sean Chiplock
  • Gianni Matragrano
  • P.M. Seymour
And there’s a whooooole bunch more, obviously. I just really hope folks don’t bashing the VO community for the actions of folks like Troy Baker. The overwhelming majority of VAs I’ve seen and met hate NFTs, and I’d hate for em’ to get mixed up with the crowd that supports them.
as a self-taught, very amateur voice dude, it pleases me to see so many against this crud

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Y'all, quick question:
Are there any other topics to talk about that's not Sonic, Pokemon, Comics (and related media), and Cartoons/Anime on this site?

I thought about it and then I proceeded to have a stroke by thinking too hard

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Y'all, quick question:
Are there any other topics to talk about that's not Sonic, Pokemon, Comics (and related media), and Cartoons/Anime on this site?

Oneshot is good.
….

This is too hard, can we talk about Sonic again?

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Y'all, quick question:

It's better than discussions of Warhammer. Those can go on for an eternity :yoshi:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Y'all, quick question:

NFTs. That's all I can think of.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom