• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I've been playing DKC Tropical Freeze, both because it's Donkey Kong December and because I haven't beaten it, and the remixes for the underwater stages are great:

The songs were great to begin with, but this just takes them up to eleven.

(I probably should Metroid Dread, but considering that I have Tropical Freeze on the Wii U, it felt long overdue to play it; I'll either play Dread or DKC3 next)

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I've been playing DKC Tropical Freeze, both because it's Donkey Kong December and because I haven't beaten it, and the remixes for the underwater stages are great:

The songs were great to begin with, but this just takes them up to eleven.

(I probably should Metroid Dread, but considering that I have Tropical Freeze on the Wii U, it felt long overdue to play it; I'll either play Dread or DKC3 next)
Man, don’t get me started. Tropical Freeze is one of my favorite gaming soundtracks of all time. I used to listen to the whole thing daily.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
A top tier Disney Movie, definitely the princess formula perfected. A shame it underperformed, because it kinda meant the end of 2d animation.

Then again, it lost to The Squeakuel, so maybe people like chipmunks over frogs.

Also, 12 years ago, huh...

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
A top tier Disney Movie, definitely the princess formula perfected. A shame it underperformed, because it kinda meant the end of 2d animation.

Then again, it lost to The Squeakuel, so maybe people like chipmunks over frogs.

Damn bro people would really rather watch CGI rats then a black princess. This says a lot about society.

JKmostly

osby

Smash Obsessed

I should rewatch this movie one of these days. I remember loving it but looking back, I'm pretty sure a lot of the fine details about the setting went over my head as a kid.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Here's a way to have Shadow work in the Sonic movieverse all while keeping his origin like in the games.

50 years ago before the events of the first film. During an expedition, Gerald finds Mobian samples that ended up on earth due to the portal rings years before Sonic arrived.

Uses them to make a the Ultimate Lifeform so he can use it's immune system to make a cure for Maria.

It's not impossible for other Mobians to have visited. Longclaw knew of Earth, and so could have others. So maybe we could get a post-credits of Shadow who has been hiding in isolation somewhere on earth for the past 50 years after having endured the same tragedy as he did in the games especially when it came to Maria.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Princess and the Frog was the latest movie at the time my family went to Disney World (like the exact month and everything) so they were promoting it like mad there.

Crazy to think it's been so long.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I should rewatch this movie one of these days. I remember loving it but looking back, I'm pretty sure a lot of the fine details about the setting went over my head as a kid.
I used to hate Disney Princess movies, they were "too girly" for me.

But something about the Princess and the Frog was different that made me love the movie, and no it wasn't because Tiana was black.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Here's a way to have Shadow work in the Sonic movieverse all while keeping his origin like in the games.

50 years ago before the events of the first film. During an expedition, Gerald finds Mobian samples that ended up on earth due to the portal rings years before Sonic arrived.

Uses them to make a the Ultimate Lifeform so he can use it's immune system to make a cure for Maria.

It's not impossible for other Mobians to have visited. Longclaw knew of Earth, and so could have others. So maybe we could get a post-credits of Shadow who has been hiding in isolation somewhere on earth for the past 50 years after having endured the same tragedy as he did in the games especially when it came to Maria.

What do you guys think?
Are movies even using the term "Mobian"? I thought SoA abandoned that term.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Will say though, I don't think I've seen PatF since it first released. Really need to get around to rewatching at some point.

Hope to do a WDAS marathon at some point. Will pobably get back to it then.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Alongside an Unleashed video next year, I also wanna work on making a Lost World video.

I'll start the trend of "it's good actually" so that there can be more funny Sonic fights on Twitter and Reddit. :4pacman:

Real talk, apart from the Zetti being stupid, I think Lost World is good actually, lol.

The improved physics mod and Sonic Runners OST mod make it even better. :nifty:
Ehhhhhh not to take your enjoyment away, but I feel that mods should be seperate rather than a selling point, though I'm curious as the highest praise I've seen of Lost World is "It's ok"

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

What do you guys think?
Not sure if it’ll fit tonally alongside the other movies.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Just binged the Mugen Train arc for Demon Slayer and, to be quite honest, I actually enjoyed it in an episodic format more than I did with the movie. I think everything flowed better and the additions, while minimal, were appreciated. Rengoku is the GOAT.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Ehhhhhh not to take your enjoyment away, but I feel that mods should be seperate rather than a selling point, though I'm curious as the highest praise I've seen of Lost World is "It's ok"
Ehhh TBH even without mods, I personally feel like Lost World is very over hated.

The platforming and parkour segments were a cool idea that IMO were executed fairly well, and the game managed to keep a decent feeling of speed for me thanks to the cannon sections and the railway levels. I actually liked the run button, as I felt it complimented the game's focus on platforming and gave more control over how Sonic himself moved and kinda offered me freedom in how I approached an obstacle. The spin-dash being in the game is also great, and I adore the game's homing attack system. The only major gripes I'd say I have with it are the level gating with the animals and the Deadly Six being the most unnecessary villains in the franchise who seem like they were designed to be as annoying as possible.

...Also, IMO the Wisps are fun and cool, people are just mean. :drsad:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Plus Shadow is characterized being an edgy, rougher, more serious and cynical counterpart of Sonic as oppose to Sonic's more laidback and goofball personality. How else could he end up that way? Making him presumably a clone of Sonic wouldn't cut it. Not to mention being "The Ultimate Lifeform" created from ancient DNA is a part of it too.

That's why the movie origin idea I propose would be the best approach.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Supposedly making Shadow a clone of Sonic would just be lazy writing, cheap and cliché.

Any other ideas?

Also why don't you think it'd work?
I don’t think Shadow really needs to be in these movies to begin with, at least I don’t think we’ve reached that point yet.

I dunno, with the current formula I’m just not sure if you can work the Shadow/Gerald/Maria story into these movies without a significant tonal shift

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Plus Shadow is characterized being edgy, rougher, more serious and cynical counterpart of Sonic as oppose to Sonic's more laidback and goofball personality. How else could he end up that way? Making him presumably a clone of Sonic wouldn't cut it. Not to mention being "The Ultimate Lifeform" created from ancient DNA is a part of it too.

That's why the movie origin idea I propose would be the best approach.
Just make it like canon. Jim Carrey Eggman researches his grandpappy Gerald's research and what do you know, he finds a weird creature that looks just like Sonic and, like Knuckles, makes it his pawn for his schemes before it will ultimately backfire.

You could make the original "Ultimate Lifeform" Chaos as well to really tie all the Adventure games together.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I don’t think Shadow really needs to be in these movies to begin with, at least I don’t think we’ve reached that point yet.

I dunno, with the current formula I’m just not sure if you can work the Shadow/Gerald/Maria story into these movies without a significant tonal shift
Given his popularity, you're solely mistaken if you don't think they'll add him eventually.
Just make it like canon. Jim Carrey Eggman researches his grandpappy Gerald's research and what do you know, he finds a weird creature that looks just like Sonic and, like Knuckles, makes it his pawn for his schemes before it will ultimately backfire.

You could make the original "Ultimate Lifeform" Chaos as well to really tie all the Adventure games together.
That works too.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
There was a post yesterday on Reddit game rumors about multiversus from a supposed beta tester.

The oP removed his original post but left answers to questions in the thread still.

So may or may be real, but I thought it was worth discussing. They mentioned the game was really polished. Some alternate costumes had new voice actors, it’s between smash and Nick brawl in terms of accessibility, and is very easy to play as f2p. With grinding up perks and what not being a simple task that only took them like a hour to do to get one perk. With These perks only giving small stat buffs as opposed to anything game breaking.

They also mentioned how Tom and Jerry had a hard learning curve but seemed fun. With Tom only having some small projectiles if he doesn’t have Jerry. The other major point I remember was they said the game doesn’t let you spam moves. If you do, that move will only hit for one percent with the game calling it a fatigue.

So if true, the game sounds pretty promising.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Ehhh TBH even without mods, I personally feel like Lost World is very over hated.

The platforming and parkour segments were a cool idea that IMO were executed fairly well, and the game managed to keep a decent feeling of speed for me thanks to the cannon sections and the railway levels. I actually liked the run button, as I felt it complimented the game's focus on platforming and gave more control over how Sonic himself moved and kinda offered me freedom in how I approached an obstacle. The spin-dash being in the game is also great, and I adore the game's homing attack system. The only major gripes I'd say I have with it are the level gating with the animals and the Deadly Six being the most unnecessary villains in the franchise who seem like they were designed to be as annoying as possible.

...Also, IMO the Wisps are fun and cool, people are just mean. :drsad:
I've only played the 3ds version which was pretty neat for the most part, although Super Sonic was the best way of going fast which iirc is a ***** to get in the console version. My biggest issue is how Lost World has a much more typical Mario aesthetic if that makes sense

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Given his popularity, you're solely mistaken if you don't think they'll add him eventually.
I’m not sure if he’s as popular now as he was back then. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s dropped off with how he’s portrayed in his current iterations.

I feel like we’re more likely to see Metal Sonic and Amy before him

osby

Smash Obsessed
I’m not sure if he’s as popular now as he was back then. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s dropped off with how he’s portrayed in his current iterations.

While I agree with your second point, I don't think Shadow is any less popular because of how he's written lately mainly because you can say the same thing about pretty much any Sonic character at this point.

Just look at Knuckles's reception for Sonic movie 2, even though he's just as mischaracterized as Shadow.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Yeah, I think Metal Sonic would be better to introduce in the Sonic movie verse first before Shadow. I mean, Shadow may be more popular, but Metal Sonic WAS one of the original rivals of Sonic, and one of the original look-a-likes of Sonic.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Yeah, I think Metal Sonic would be better to introduce in the Sonic movie verse first before Shadow. I mean, Shadow may be more popular, but Metal Sonic WAS one of the original rivals of Sonic, and one of the original look-a-likes of Sonic.
Am definitely expecting Metal Sonic.

There's a reason Robotik still has that quill as shown at the end of the first movie. He's gonna use it to power Metal Sonic who'll be his last trump act as a surprise reveal in the 3rd act against Sonic and Tails.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Just look at Knuckles's reception for Sonic movie 2, even though he's just as mischaracterized as Shadow
Eh, this is more so the other way around, Knuckles was meant to be this cool rival character who can punch the emeralds out of Super Sonic but they ended up writing themselves in a corner with the whole Guardian of the Master Emerald thing, not to mention Shadow well, overshadowing him for the rival role. The movie actually brings back that gullible badass who disappeared and became the 'haha funny stupid man'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom