• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
This is a thing:
The original creator is not involved either for those wondering. The confirmed in the replies
That's good. Just reading up on the guy I gotta say yikes.

My only other question is what this means for the announced new Earthworm Jim game that was announced for the Amico the other year? I really am curious to know how Tommy Tallerico will spin this news as I'm guessing these are unrelated.

But yeah, looking at the trailer it sounds interesting. Would have loved to have see Homer Simpson return, but he might be too expensive now.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Wouldn’t it be cool if the extended Mario cast like Wario, Waluigi, Yoshi, Rosalina, Daisy, and DK could be party members in a Mario rpg?

Y’know, since they can’t use original characters.
That would be great if AlphaDream wasn’t bankrupt

why doesn’t Nintendo just buy that studio already

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Out of boredom here’s my VA picks for my wanted characters:

Aquaman (DC Super Heroes): John DiMaggio
Austin Powers: Mike Myers
Beetlejuice: Christopher Swindle
Cheetara (Thundercats): Emmanuelle Chriqui
Cyborg (DC Super Heroes): Khary Payton
Daffy Duck (Looney Tunes): Eric Bauza
**** Dastardly (Wacky Races): Peter Woodward
Dot Warner (Animaniacs): Tress MacNeille
Dr. Evil (Austin Powers): Mike Myers
Dynomutt (Hanna-Barbara): Frank Welker
Flash (DC Super Heroes): Charlie Schlatter
Fred Flintstone (The Flintstones): Jeff Bergman
Green Lantern (DC Super Heroes): Phil LaMarr
Ice Bear (We Bare Bears): Demetri Martin
Joker (DC Super Heroes): Mark Hamill
Legolas (Lord of the Rings): Crispin Freeman
Lion-O (Thundercats): Larry Kenney
Magilla Gorilla (Hanna-Barbara): Maurice LaMarche
Marceline (Adventure Time): Olivia Olson
Marvin the Martian (Looney Tunes): Eric Bauza
The Mask: Rob Paulsen
Neo (The Matrix): Keanu Reeves
Penelope Pitstop (Wacky Races): Nicole Parker
Pinky and the Brain: Rob Paulsen and Maurice LaMarche
Quick Draw McGraw (Hanna-Barbara): Billy West
Raven (DC Super Heroes): Tara Strong
Rosie (Jetsons): Tress MacNeille
Samurai Jack: Phil LaMarr
Scooby Doo: Frank Welker
Scorpion (Mortal Kombat): Patrick Seitz
Sloth (Goonies): Matthew Waterson
Steve Urkel (Family Matters): Jaleel White
Stripe (Gremlins): Frank Welker
Taz (Looney Tunes): Fred Tatasciore
Top Cat (Hanna-Barbara):
Thomas Lennon
Wakko Warner (Animaniacs): Jess Harnell
Wicked Witch of the West (The Wizard of Oz): Laraine Newman
Willy Wonka: Jess Harnell
Yakko Warner (Animaniacs): Rob Paulsen
Yogi Bear (Hanna-Barbara): Jeff Bergman
Can't wait to play as **** Dastardly

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Honestly I don't mind the Toads much anymore after The Origami King. That game showed me that even if a character has a design like, say, the same black wind-up Bob-Omb we've seen since the nineties, it's really the writing of the character that matters.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
It might even be for the best they recast Zach Callison preformance-wise. They're using Classic Steven for this game, and in the later episodes of S5 you could tell Callison was really struggling to do the voice (I think that was why they did a time-skip even). Rather than forcing him to do that again, we can just get sommeon who can comfortably do it.
it was between that and archived voice clips I suppose
Doesnt surprise me, a child actor who played the lead in a show with THE most toxic fanbase online, that's gotta affect you in some regard.
imagine if there were no toxic fanbases
Wouldn’t it be cool if the extended Mario cast like Wario, Waluigi, Yoshi, Rosalina, Daisy, and DK could be party members in a Mario rpg?

Y’know, since they can’t use original characters.
Waluigi…doing something…

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You know, if anything comes out of this trend of making big platform fighter crossovers, I hope it's Jump making the sequel to the game they should've stuck with in the first place. They're shutting down Jump Force servers and taking it off the digital shelves as well, maybe they're making plans? Or erasing a mistake lol

1637288300542.png
1637288241036.png

i guess a traditional fighter is also fine

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Just watched "The Tomorrow War."
It was decent.
Got a lot of "Edge of Tomorrow" vides.
I can recommend at least one watch.
It was dumb in terms of premise but still loads of fun that I still enjoyed it. Really loved the design of the white spikes. They looked like a hybrid of the creatures in The Great Wall and the Cloverfield monster.

Definitely no Independence Day or Edge of Tomorrow though.

If there's one way to describe that film. It's basically Starship Troopers meets Edge of Tomorrow with a touch of John Carpenter's The Thing (You'd understand given near the end of the movie).
You know, if anything comes out of this trend of making big platform fighter crossovers, I hope it's Jump making the sequel the game they should've stuck with in the first place. They are shutting down Jump Force servers and taking it off the digital shelves as well, maybe they're making plans? Or erasing a mistake lol

View attachment 338143 View attachment 338142

i guess a traditional fighter is also fine
Cartoon Network should also make another attempt at a Smash clone after Punch Time Explosion. Just more effort this time and characters like Courage, Gumball Watterson, Mordecai & Rigby, The Edds, Rex Salazar, Cow & Chicken, etc.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
another day…another giant batch of WWE releases talented people and 1 person most don’t care of for the sake of saving money despite having more than every other wrestling company

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Cartoon Network should also make another attempt at a Smash clone after Punch Time Explosion. Just more effort this time and characters like Courage, Gumball Watterson, Mordecai & Rigby, The Edds, Rex Salazar, Cow & Chicken, etc.
So you're saying Cartoon Network, after putting a handful of their own characters in Multiversus, should put money into making another game with the same premise and general gameplay style, but with exclusively CN characters?

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So you're saying Cartoon Network, after putting a handful of their own characters in Multiversus, should put money into making another game with the same premise and general gameplay style, but with exclusively CN characters?
I mean as of now we still don't know how big Multiversus' roster will be. For all we know it could be around the same as Nick All-Stars Brawl, could be 50. But I'm definitely not expecting it to surpass Ultimate's despite Warner Bros. vast amount of IPs which it easily could.

Honestly expecting between 30-50 most which leaves it kinda limited especially factoring in Finn and Jake being separate characters rather than a duo.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I mean as of now we still don't know how big Multiversus' roster will be. For all we know it could be around the same as Nick All-Stars Brawl, could be 50. But I'm definitely not expecting it to surpass Ultimate's despite Warner Bros. vast amount of IPs which it easily could.

Honestly expecting between 30-50 most which leaves it kinda limited.
I don't know man, at first with Nick it was kinda cool. Now with Multiversus? I get it was supposedly being made before NASB, but they need to chill with the genre now, please. Don't oversaturate it or you'll get the Smash Bros. monopoly again. There are other ways to make fighting crossover games than to make it a Smash clone, remember Mahvel??????????? Anyone????????????

It's not even about accessibility or it being easier to pick up than other games, Smash can be just as hard.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I don't know man, at first with Nick it was kinda cool. Now with Multiversus? I get it was supposedly being made before NASB, but they need to chill with the genre now, please. Don't oversaturate it or you'll get the Smash Bros. monopoly again. There are other ways to make fighting crossover games than to make it a Smash clone, remember Mahvel??????????? Anyone????????????
They could also always take a note from Marvel vs. Capcom in terms of gameplay. I feel if they do though those should be Vs. crossover games hence my project roster for Nickelodeon vs. Cartoon Network which I made a while back.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
another day…another giant batch of WWE releases talented people and 1 person most don’t care of for the sake of saving money despite having more than every other wrestling company
man…I wish there was a possible way so that I could beat the **** out of the actual WWE company

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Aren't the Harry Potter movies owned by warner bros?

Add my boi Dumbledore you cowards
According to insider info. Warner Bros. is trying to get the rights to use Harry for the game.

This is basically the same scenario as Tarzan which all rights to the character belongs to the Edgar Rice Burrough estate. In this case J.K. Rowling. The former is why Tarzan and its characters has never been featured promptly in Disney marketing like any other of their properties and the world not appearing in Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories having since lost the rights.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I haven't talked about it because I don't really think to post it but I have a job interview tomorrow. It isn't a new job, I'm just trying to get more hours and that's unfortunately at a different location of the company I work for. Fortunately it's the same drive time with just taking a different exit on the interstate so I really don't mind it.

Hopefully this will be me after I hypothetically ace the interview.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I haven't talked about it because I don't really think to post it but I have a job interview tomorrow. It isn't a new job, I'm just trying to get more hours and that's unfortunately at a different location of the company I work for. Fortunately it's the same drive time with just taking a different exit on the interstate so I really don't mind it.

Good luck, hope you get the hours you need!

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Good luck, hope you get the hours you need!
I've been able to support myself with just part-time for over a year lol but I would like to make $2000 monthly and not $1200 because I'm not going to school atm so I got no excuse to not get my paper up

Last edited:
Reactions: Z25

Noipoi

Howdy!

Good luck my dude

D

Deleted member

Bit late to the party. but isn't Mad Max owned by WB? They better add him in that case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom