• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

So this rumor came out ages ago. And then the banlist happened, making it more likely to be real. And then, we now got that version of Blue-Eyes White Dragon announced. It's looking more and more real each time.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I guarantee even if it was swine flu which is less deadly that suddenly first appeared last year, people would still be making these annoying jokes and memes.
that is also unfortunately true. The world can be a *****
Breaking news Animal Crossing New Horizons has overtaken Super Mario 3D collection it is number one on Amazon once again. It has sold over 22 million copies.
none of that is surprising...what is tho is Mario 3D All Stars still being able to sell out so much physically (with these damn scalpers and Dashie and all that)

poor Avengers tho (they thought they would win September)

D

Deleted member

Uggh, my brain keeps on having flashbacks of my experiences in Discord, Twitter, and early SmashBoards.

I received a LOT of harassment from there. What should I do?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well we just had to put my cat Snow down. Wasn’t easy, he was 18 years old and has been with me almost my whole life. Starting from when I first moved at 5 and he showed up outside out of nowhere one day and began following me around. He was the best cat you could ask for, he was always there to comfort anyone when sad(especially me). With the best purr that could put anyone to sleep.

May he rest in piece, it’s gonna suck without him. I’ll post a pic later if I can find one.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well we just had to put my cat Snow down. Wasn’t easy, he was 18 years old and has been with me almost my whole life. Starting from when I first moved at 5 and he showed up outside out of nowhere one day and began following me around. He was the best cat you could ask for, he was always there to comfort anyone when sad(especially me). With the best purr that could put anyone to sleep.

May he rest in piece, it’s gonna suck without him. I’ll post a pic later if I can find one.
My condolences, man.

Reactions: Z25

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

Awww, best wishes as you grieve <3

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

Sorry to hear that, man.

It's never easy to part with a beloved pet.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

I'm really sorry to hear that. Losing a pet is a very painful thing.

My condolences.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Oh dude, I’m so sorry.
I’m sure he knew how much you loved him.
Take as much time as you need.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
The sooner Election Day comes the better.

I am SO fed up with all these damn political ads. :glare:
Speaking of which, I've been running for president within my local smash scene's discord. Out of the 20 candidates, I made the final four and currently tied for 1st in overall popularity.

I'm hoping I win. I wanna see if I can cultivate good vibes within the culture.

So, not all elections will leave uncertainty and frustration, I hope lol

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I dunno how many peeps here are fans of Linkin Park (I'm sure there's a few of you) but in case you weren't aware LP's celebrating the 20th Anniversary of their debut album Hybrid Theory. And they just dropped a ****load of old music and demos from that era on their Youtube channel! I recommend you give these songs a listen!

Not to flex but I heard most of these songs before through various means but it's still really cool revisiting all these old gems! 🤟

This song was always one of my favourites of their's from the Hybrid Theory EP, back before they adopted the name "Linkin Park"

D

Deleted member

I am so sorry to hear that. :(

My condolences. May he rest in peace.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Aw man, tomorrow I was gonna watch The Hunchback of Notre Dame in the afternoon but digging through my movies and coming upon more animated classics, I suddenly can't choose now seeing the following ones again.

Dinosaur (2000)
Oliver & Company
Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas
Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron
The Land Before Time
The Road to El Dorado
Treasure Planet

A part of me is kinda leaning towards or Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron or Treasure Planet. If it comes down to those two, I'm gonna have to do a coin flip.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

I'm so sorry for your loss, Z...I've owned many pets throughout my life, and losing one of those beloved companions you've had all your life is never easy.

You gonna be okay, bud?

Last edited:

Luig

Confused
I would go for it but for some reason the other classic sonics run really slowly on PC.
just try and go for it anyways; after all, it is free, and when you get the game, they just give you the ROM, it goes in the games directory. The emulator sega use on steam isn't very good anyways, and you can try using the rom with another emulator that is both more accurate and probably runs better. My recommendations are Kega Fusion (SMS/GG/MD/CD/32X) and Blastem(genesis only, but it's more accurate and it has less issues with win10 fullscreen)

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Ah, screw it. I'm gonna still settle with Hunchback. Its already been on my mind for a while.

Perhaps my next nostalgic rewatch will be either Treasure Planet or Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
The two recent horror/thriller films I watched for my October spooky movie marathon were "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" and "Drag Me to Hell".

Overall thoughts: the former is very story driven. I think the villain(s) are very interesting and the story delivers on a TON of thrills which is AWESOME, but the heroes we're supposed to like feel hollow and shallow. The latter, on the other hand, was not only character-driven but also a pleasant surprise. There were a few cheesy moments and jumpscare moments that I really didn't appreciate or rolled my eyes on, but for the most part the story is very interesting and above all else: TRAGIC

Texas is "eh, passable" for me overall, while DMtH is a "hidden gem".

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I dunno how many peeps here are fans of Linkin Park (I'm sure there's a few of you) but in case you weren't aware LP's celebrating the 20th Anniversary of their debut album Hybrid Theory. And they just dropped a ****load of old music and demos from that era on their Youtube channel! I recommend you give these songs a listen!

Not to flex but I heard most of these songs before through various means but it's still really cool revisiting all these old gems! 🤟

This song was always one of my favourites of their's from the Hybrid Theory EP, back before they adopted the name "Linkin Park"
Awesome, I'll have to check these out. I used to track down tons of old demos and tracks from their Hybrid Theory and Xero days. Rhinestone, Reading My Eyes, Stick n Move, Fuse, And One, Dedicated, Carousel, etc etc. Looks like there's even some stuff I've never heard!

Shroob

Sup?

I know that feel, mate. Went through the same **** 2 months ago. Stay strong.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Someone's probably already mentioned this, but if any of y'all are interested, Sonic 2 is free to keep on Steam right now.
:3 I had no idea, thank you for the heads up! xD I like free stuff so...that makes it even better. I might replay it just to see if it invokes nostalgia in me, because I think I played it as a kid...

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

I know how you're feeling, had to do the same with my cat about a month ago

My condolences. Hopefully he lived a happy and prosperous life at the very least

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

one of my favorite things about playing BOTW is that even with hundreds of hours in the game I still find new areas to explore everyday(mostly by taking the scenic route rather than the most optimal one)

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
one of my favorite things about playing BOTW is that even with hundreds of hours in the game I still find new areas to explore everyday(mostly by taking the scenic route rather than the most optimal one)
This is what I love about open world games. There's always more to discover even after putting in hundreds of hours into the game. Breath of the Wild does it on a whole different level.

I just hope they turn it up even more by implementing more underground/water areas to explore as well. The lack of 'legit' caves and underwater exploration was one big omission from the first game and has so much potential to flesh out the world even beyond. Underwater especially.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I forgot how short Mega Man battle network 4 feels, I'm already at the end of the local tournament.

This is what I love about open world games. There's always more to discover even after putting in hundreds of hours into the game. Breath of the Wild does it on a whole different level.

I just hope they turn it up even more by implementing more underground/water areas to explore as well. The lack of 'legit' caves and underwater exploration was one big omission from the first game and has so much potential to flesh out the world even beyond. Underwater especially.
The level of exploration that Breath of the wild has is so massive it kinda intimidates me.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I forgot how short Mega Man battle network 4 feels, I'm already at the end of the local tournament.

The level of exploration that Breath of the wild has is so massive it kinda intimidates me.
its worth it to see Sidon

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

:( I am really sorry for your loss, my friend. May he rest in peace, I don't doubt you gave him a good life.

Uggh, my brain keeps on having flashbacks of my experiences in Discord, Twitter, and early SmashBoards.

I received a LOT of harassment from there. What should I do?
I am going to be honest with you again, Shiny. You shouldn't dwell for too long in the past, what happened, happened. There's no way you can change what happened back then, but you could instead focus in the present and keep on moving forward in life. Thinking too much about what was or could have been is only going to slow you down. But I will say it again, all of that affecting you or not depends solely on you, no one else.

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Not me, let me off my leash and I'mma find all sorts of ****! And get myself into all sorts of trouble through my madness! :evil:

For someone like myself it's easy to get so engrossed within the world because there's distractions pretty much everywhere and almost always something to discover around every corner that makes the exploration rewarding.

And the game gives you a lot to do so you never really get bored.

Hunt Koroks? Find all the shrines? Fill your Compendium? Ride a horse where tf you feel like? Complete random sidequests? Murder all overworld bosses and Lynels?

If you feel overwhelmed then set yourself on a specific objective. "THIS" Is what I'm going to do! And just focus on doing that, and let the distractions take you if you really want to. If you feel you're getting too off-track, come back to this distraction later. You can mark the map so you can remind yourself later, while you continue on your first objective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom