• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
My ideas/wishlist gets no likes but this gets all the likes. I don’t get how all of you work.
For me particularly, I don't want expansion passes for Metroid, I missed having new releases of AAA games that we only need to buy once to get a complete game, and Dread doesn't even need to be expanded as far as I can tell. Also, not everything needs to have multiplayer, 2D Metroid definitely doesn't. Those are my 2 cents on the whole idea.
Metroid petting sounds 🔥 tho /s

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Morning dudes

today’s a no work day

…I have no clue what to do today

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Samus suit colored differently or in the different costumes. PvP. Not Co-Op.
PVP sounds kinda off though, it's not like you have the mobility of the Chozo Soldiers. You'd just be spamming movement options and missiles hoping you hit someone.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
If the Wah bros don't show up then what's the point
If they don't show up in mainline console titles why would they show up in the movie? :4pacman: Birdo's definitely turning up there for sure tho. I can feel it.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
OK, here's the deal:

The short version that you probably already thought off: Mike is gonna be the main bad guy on Chapter 3.

The longer & more detailed version of wha you may not have thought off: Mike is probably gonna be heavily influenced by Omega Flowey/Flowey And he's probably gonna be EVEN more powerful than the Queen & possibly Spamton NEO himself, also he is probably gonna be the Flowey of this game personality wise.

Here's my thoughts on it on why I think so:

1)In Chapter 1, Jevil hinted at The Queen if you defeated him with violence, and lo and behold, Chapter 2 main vilain was Queen. In Chapter 2 itself, Spamton mention several time a man named Mike, including when you beat him if you use violence against him in a non-Weird Route, just before he explode.

2) While the relation between Mike & Spamton is unknown atm, Spamton seem to both really miss them (notably happen when you talk about Friends, he stop being all glitchy & even look sad for a moment) & fear them, if his comment about them being not a trustworthy person on TV & a criminal even. A best friend who might actually been a bad person, hmmmm, where did I seen this before...

3) In the basement, you might have noticed that the area music, "Digital Roots", use the beginning of "Your Best Nightmare" slowed down & tweaked to be more scary. Now, remember that the area is filled with vines and that Spamton NEO is held together by green strings, with a entity that we can't see ("It pull the strings and make them ring"). While some of what i'm saying might seem coincidental (and it could be), there's a easter egg where if you stay still long enough, one of the plug monster that bite you if you move in their way will start looking at you while forming a face....a face that is quite familiar.
wall plug smile.gif

Quite familiar indeed...
omega flowey face.png

4) I like to note one thing: Spamton obsession with being a [BIG SHOT] and becoming BIG in general.

Now at first glance, it might be just Spamton remembering the good ole days when he was a very successful salesman and not a little worm making shady deals in the streets. While there is some truth in that, in the present, Spamton seem to associated being a [BIG SHOT] to be able to see past the Dark & regaining the freedom he lost (or even gaining freedom in the first place). He also say that he want to use the power of the broken body in the basement to become powerful then "that damn clown around town" (probably Jevil if a NPC comment is anything to speculate by) and reach "[The Big One]". (no clue who he is talking here, beside that it could be a VERY powerful entity that is not from the Dark World)

Lol and behold, Spamton does indeed become much stronger & even seeimgly gain some limited reality bending power (look at the area where he is fought, it wouldn't make sense that it existed beforehand unless he had the power to do so, that and for his utlimate attack, he can make himself VERY BIG) Too bad for him tho, at the end of the day, he was but a mere puppet that couldn't walk on his own without the help of either Kris's Soul or whoever helped him all these years back on the phone (not to mention that once the strings that held his new powerful Lighters body are cut, he is unable to do anything at all). In the end, he couldn't be a big shot....

But here's the thing, where does this obsession with the words, [BIG SHOT] come from? The dude love saying those two words in various scenario at any chance he get. Why not just say he want to become [BIG]?Well, 1997 is Spamton favourite year, and the Big Shot thingy seem to come from this commercial that aired this year.
And what do you know, it was made by a man named Mike.

In the DR universe, Mike, a successful Big Shot, could have become a sort of icon to Spamton (who seem quite obsessed with TV shows, (note the reference of Kris being a gameshow host in the Weird Route) despite being a spambot/puppet account), the absolute ideal of what he want to be: in power and in control. While something happened that caused Spamton to be afraid of Mike himself to some extent, he still want to be just as BIG as him, again so he could do whatever he want without anyone or anything holding him back. Which SPOILERS, The Weird Route show us to a extent what he would do if he gained the power & control he desire...

Now, if you remember my previous points, if Spamton was able to become fairly dangerous once he gained power (despite being very limited by his role in the DR universe and his insanity), it seem fair to say that if Mike is indeed that much of a Big Shot, it's very possible that he is AS, IF NOT MORE POWERFUL THAN SPAMTON NEO WAS, and unlike Queen - who was a tyrant, but ultimately wanted the best for those who serve her & The Lightners (and herself)- , Mike is shaping up to not be a trustworthy person, if Spamton comment are anything to go by. Plus, you know, the fact that he seem V E R Y inspired by Omega Flowey, a godlike being able to manipulate the timeline & reality itself thanks to having 6 humans soul at it's hands. (and was very much not a person to trust in Undertale)

Now, I don't think Mike will be AS powerful as Omega Flowey, but he is certainly shaping up to be a worthy new challenger after Queen, especially since we have no clue how much influence he truly has over the Dark World we the players will have to face in Chapter 3 AKA probably the TV (not to mention the fact that he might have some influence over the Cyber World basement - a totally different Dark World). We could theorize a bit who the Queen could be based off King, but Mike?

He ain't no royalty, HE IS A BIG SHOT, WHO CAN MAKE HIS OWN DEALS, HE CALL HIS OWN SHOTS, AND HE ISN'T A MERE PUPPETS, HE IS THE STAR OF THE SHOW, AND IF YOU DON'T FOLLOW THE RULES OF THE GAMESHOW HOST...WELL, YOU KNOW THE DEAL.

Annd that's all I got for now, as always, this is just a theory. I could be very much reaching or be proven wrong later down the line, so don't take my words as gospel, but more like as a possible outcome of what will come next. If you have your own thoughts on the topic, make sure to [LIKE AND SUBSCRIBE] and [LEAVE A COMMENT IN THE COMMENT SECTION BELOW] if you have a detail you think is worth sharing. I might not answer right away, but I make sure to read it at the very least.

Noipoi Noipoi , @UserGoozer , TheCJBrine TheCJBrine , MooMew64 MooMew64 , Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! , Shroob Shroob , Freezerburn Freezerburn

My apologize if I missed tagging anyone who is interested in my silly DR theories, my brain is kinda ded after writting so much lol.

Sorry for any typo & sentence that might be bad/meh too.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
OK, here's the deal:

The short version that you probably already thought off: Mike is gonna be the main bad guy on Chapter 3.

The longer & more detailed version of wha you may not have thought off: Mike is probably gonna be heavily influenced by Omega Flowey/Flowey And he's probably gonna be EVEN more powerful than the Queen & possibly Spamton NEO himself, also he is probably gonna be the Flowey of this game personality wise.

Here's my thoughts on it on why I think so:

1)In Chapter 1, Jevil hinted at The Queen if you defeated him with violence, and lo and behold, Chapter 2 main vilain was Queen. In Chapter 2 itself, Spamton mention several time a man named Mike, including when you beat him if you use violence against him in a non-Weird Route, just before he explode.

2) While the relation between Mike & Spamton is unknown atm, Spamton seem to both really miss them (notably happen when you talk about Friends, he stop being all glitchy & even look sad for a moment) & fear them, if his comment about them being not a trustworthy person on TV & a criminal even. A best friend who might actually been a bad person, hmmmm, where did I seen this before...

3) In the basement, you might have noticed that the area music, "Digital Roots", use the beginning of "Your Best Nightmare" slowed down & tweaked to be more scary. Now, remember that the area is filled with vines and that Spamton NEO is held together by green strings, with a entity that we can't see ("It pull the strings and make them ring"). While some of what i'm saying might seem coincidental (and it could be), there's a easter egg where if you stay still long enough, one of the plug monster that bite you if you move in their way will start looking at you while forming a face....a face that is quite familiar.
View attachment 334685
Quite familiar indeed...
View attachment 334686

4) I like to note one thing: Spamton obsession with being a [BIG SHOT] and becoming BIG in general.

Now at first glance, it might be just Spamton remembering the good ole days when he was a very successful salesman and not a little worm making shady deals in the streets. While there is some truth in that, in the present, Spamton seem to associated being a [BIG SHOT] to be able to see past the Dark & regaining the freedom he lost (or even gaining freedom in the first place). He also say that he want to use the power of the broken body in the basement to become powerful then "that damn clown around town" (probably Jevil if a NPC comment is anything to speculate by) and reach "[The Big One]". (no clue who he is talking here, beside that it could be a VERY powerful entity that is not from the Dark World)

Lol and behold, Spamton does indeed become much stronger & even seeimgly gain some limited reality bending power (look at the area where he is fought, it wouldn't make sense that it existed beforehand unless he had the power to do so, that and for his utlimate attack, he can make himself VERY BIG) Too bad for him tho, at the end of the day, he was but a mere puppet that couldn't walk on his own without the help of either Kris's Soul or whoever helped him all these years back on the phone (not to mention that once the strings that held his new powerful Lighters body are cut, he is unable to do anything at all). In the end, he couldn't be a big shot....

But here's the thing, where does this obsession with the words, [BIG SHOT] come from? The dude love saying those two words in various scenario at any chance he get. Why not just say he want to become [BIG]?Well, 1997 is Spamton favourite year, and the Big Shot thingy seem to come from this commercial that aired this year.
And what do you know, it was made by a man named Mike.

In the DR universe, Mike, a successful Big Shot, could have become a sort of icon to Spamton (who seem quite obsessed with TV shows, (note the reference of Kris being a gameshow host in the Weird Route) despite being a spambot/puppet account), the absolute ideal of what he want to be: in power and in control. While something happened that caused Spamton to be afraid of Mike himself to some extent, he still want to be just as BIG as him, again so he could do whatever he want without anyone or anything holding him back. Which SPOILERS, The Weird Route show us to a extent what he would do if he gained the power & control he desire...

Now, if you remember my previous points, if Spamton was able to become fairly dangerous once he gained power (despite being very limited by his role in the DR universe and his insanity), it seem fair to say that if Mike is indeed that much of a Big Shot, it's very possible that he is AS, IF NOT MORE POWERFUL THAN SPAMTON NEO WAS, and unlike Queen - who was a tyrant, but ultimately wanted the best for those who serve her & The Lightners (and herself)- , Mike is shaping up to not be a trustworthy person, if Spamton comment are anything to go by. Plus, you know, the fact that he seem V E R Y inspired by Omega Flowey, a godlike being able to manipulate the timeline & reality itself thanks to having 6 humans soul at it's hands. (and was very much not a person to trust in Undertale)

Now, I don't think Mike will be AS powerful as Omega Flowey, but he is certainly shaping up to be a worthy new challenger after Queen, especially since we have no clue how much influence he truly has over the Dark World we the players will have to face in Chapter 3 AKA probably the TV (not to mention the fact that he might have some influence over the Cyber World basement - a totally different Dark World). We could theorize a bit who the Queen could be based off King, but Mike?

He ain't no royalty, HE IS A BIG SHOT, WHO CAN MAKE HIS OWN DEALS, HE CALL HIS OWN SHOTS, AND HE ISN'T A MERE PUPPETS, HE IS THE STAR OF THE SHOW, AND IF YOU DON'T FOLLOW THE RULES OF THE GAMESHOW HOST...WELL, YOU KNOW THE DEAL.

Annd that's all I got for now, as always, this is just a theory. I could be very much reaching or be proven wrong later down the line, so don't take my words as gospel, but more like as a possible outcome of what will come next. If you have your own thoughts on the topic, make sure to [LIKE AND SUBSCRIBE] and [LEAVE A COMMENT IN THE COMMENT SECTION BELOW] if you have a detail you think is worth sharing. I might not answer right away, but I make sure to read it at the very least.

Noipoi Noipoi , @UserGoozer , TheCJBrine TheCJBrine , MooMew64 MooMew64 , Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! , Shroob Shroob , Freezerburn Freezerburn

My apologize if I missed tagging anyone who is interested in my silly DR theories, my brain is kinda ded after writting so much lol.

Sorry for any typo & sentence that might be bad/meh too.
Mike is analogous to Flowey

Chapter 3 will most likely have Toriel in the dark world

B6D3F36A-3DA9-45DA-B762-4CAEF86CDA34.jpeg

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Mike is analogous to Flowey

Chapter 3 will most likely have Toriel in the dark world

View attachment 334698
If Undyne join the fun too, this is going to be quite nostalgic...and horrifying.

And mind you, this is only chapter 3, we're going to get chapter 4 & 5 too next time.

The DR Train as no limit.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
6F36531F-CCA6-47A8-8245-4D1D4F40678E.jpeg

very large image…but I made a TOTALLY unbiased tier list for all the Smash Ultimate trailers

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Several of the release dates for Marvel Studios' upcoming projects have been changed within 2022 and 2023:

• May 6, 2022: Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
  • July 8, 2022: Thor: Love and Thunder
  • November 11, 2022: Black Panther: Wakanda Forever
  • February 17, 2023: The Marvels
  • May 5, 2023: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
  • July 28, 2023: Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania
  • November 3, 2023: Untitled Marvel Studios film
  • February 16, 2024: Untitled Marvel Studios film
  • May 3, 2024: Untitled Marvel Studios film
  • July 26, 2024: Untitled Marvel Studios film
  • November 8, 2024: Untitled Marvel Studios film
Source: https://www.murphysmultiverse.com/breaking-marvel-studios-makes-major-changes-to-upcoming-slate/

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Several of the release dates for Marvel Studios' upcoming projects have been changed within 2022 and 2023:

Source: https://www.murphysmultiverse.com/breaking-marvel-studios-makes-major-changes-to-upcoming-slate/
I’m really excited for Untitled Marvel Studios Film.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Tbh, the superhero movie I'm looking torwards the most rn is actually a DC movie surprisingly enough.

The Batman. Looks immaculate.

That said, I am looking forward to the new Marvel movies, especially Spiderman.
Honestly a Batman movie where Batman looks like **** and does detective work is so novel but fits surprisingly well so I'll have to agree, it's different from every other superhero flick right now

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Honestly a Batman movie where Batman looks like **** and does detective work is so novel but fits surprisingly well so I'll have to agree, it's different from every other superhero flick right now
This right here, I know Batman is known for beating up mental ward patients, but we never really get to see the detective side nowadays, and I love me a good mystery.

And I love the penguin and the riddler. Was always fond of the more classy villians

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
This right here, I know Batman is known for beating up mental ward patients, but we never really get to see the detective side nowadays, and I love me a good mystery.

And I love the penguin and the riddler. Was always fond of the more classy villians
IIrc the first trailer showed off Hush and like, ****, how else would you portray a character like that? Very interesting **** right there

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400

I'm really curious to see what they're going to do with the Black Panther sequel, now that Mr. Boseman isn't here anymore.

Oh and I still haven't watched Shang-Chi. :c

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I’m really excited for Untitled Marvel Studios Film.
The only films that have yet to have a release date are Blade, Captain America 4 and the Fantastic Four. These should possibly occupy one of the dates.

I'm really curious to see what they're going to do with the Black Panther sequel, now that Mr. Boseman isn't here anymore.

Oh and I still haven't watched Shang-Chi. :c
I did hear that Riri Williams aka Ironheart is going to be in the Black Panther sequel.

In addition, today is the final day for Shang-Chi & the Legend of the Ten Rings as its 45-day theatrical run comes to an end. But don't worry, if you have Disney+, the film will be available from November 12th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom